List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Just want to say that a player buying a property in Melbourne / Sydney does not mean they are going to request a trade. It means they probably have good finicial advice because capital growth is a lot higher in both of those places than the Gold Coast.

Just want to say that a player buying a property in Melbourne / Sydney does not mean they are going to request a trade. It means they probably have good finicial advice because capital growth is a lot higher in both of those places than the Gold Coast.

I have property in Melbourne but its ok guy I have assured Mrs Bigun I will not be returning home even though my family are concerned with me being a Suns supporter :cool:

If parents don't allow their kids to join our club I'd be surprised. They wouldn't let them near nightclubs, bars and clubs in any cities as well then. No parties, no holidays with mates then. I'm tiring of opposition fans entering with their BS too.

I think its highly unlikely that any drafted players refuse etc. It didn't happen to West Coast and the smell at the clubs was not good, probably worse. What of Ess , im sure that worried some parents. The club will do what it has to show that it has had issues but they are not ignoring it , that the parents can trust the club, they will upgrade all education and support etc,etc. The AFL would never let any kid way away from GC any way.

And any parent that thinks these issues are exclusive to one club need a reality check. Id hate to think what its like at lower levels. AFL clubs would be much better than any of those.

Not to say some players will not want to move...just like in all clubs, players move and use a range of "reasons"

:(

It's going to hurt after his efforts last night. Loved his tackling, running up the ground the last couple of weeks.

I've said it before
I'm trying to tell myself it's over and move on
But I'll always have the photo of me and the kids standing next to Cardboard Cutout Charlie to remind me of the good times :(

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've said it before
I'm trying to tell myself it's over and move on
But I'll always have the photo of me and the kids standing next to Cardboard Cutout Charlie to remind me of the good times :(
We must have some cap space if we can afford to pay a 30+ $500,000 a year for 3 years.

We must have some cap space if we can afford to pay a 30+ $500,000 a year for 3 years.
We did before we paid him :(

Now we just have a old man with bad knees that is behind Saad and KK in the peaking order but costs more than twice what they would together, hind sight is a wonderful thing but apart from Gary and Harbrow our luck with mature players has been poor

I'm still very hopeful of Charlie staying for under what he might get elsewhere. He just seems a very popular member of the team, it (the club) and his teammates mean a lot to him, and money doesn't count for everything, especially when you're already being very well paid. Power Forwards of his ability don't come along that often. He's worth 2 goals a game for defenders panicking about his size and giving away a free. He just seems like a loyal sort of bloke, he was our first ever signing and surely he can see we are much better placed than Brisbane to achieve success. Surely that must count for a lot? Stay Charlie and finish what you helped start building.

I like Matchy's idea of seeing whether he'd take another year until he becomes a free agent
If we truly have a window of finals opening it will be there to see this time next year

Has there been any re-signing announcements this season at all?

I know early in the pre-season they announced McKenzie and Shaw had re-signed, but after that, I can't recall anything.

Surely that's a bit weird given we have so many OOC? Do you think the club is delaying talks with everybody until the end of the season for them to prove their worth?

Has there been any re-signing announcements this season at all?

I know early in the pre-season they announced McKenzie and Shaw had re-signed, but after that, I can't recall anything.

Surely that's a bit weird given we have so many OOC? Do you think the club is delaying talks with everybody until the end of the season for them to prove their worth?
Yeah probably. Rocket would want to see them up close before making a decision. History shows that if you can't kick, he will move you along.

This is the first off-season where we will have a salary cap squeeze.

It was always going to come for 2 reasons:
  1. The young players are maturing and move up the pay scale (yes we are paying overs for some of them this year, but we are also currently paying unders for Dixon, KK, Lynch, Saad etc so that balances out a bit)
  2. We are paying one player his market rate which atm just happens to be about one million dollars. There are only a handful of other players at this pay rate and it will squeeze the cap.
The club just has to deal with it, and one way they have been doing that has been signing young players early and often and for relatively long deals. Has worked for some, for others not so much.

If the side starts performing the way we hope it will then we will continue to have some gun players that are coming off contract and can get more $ elsewhere and the contract dance will keep happening.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2015 Trade/Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Back