2016/17 Perth Glory Thread-20 Years of Glory..Castro for Premier!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All that stuff about needing the Terrace membership to get in and checking tickets/memberships really didn't seem to amount to anything.

Yeah for some reason they only checked a few to start with and after that they didn't bother. At half time quite a few people were just wandering in that weren't there in the 1st half.

Plus Sunday arvo games suck. It's like the league tucks us away and never gives us the showcase time slots. Friday and Saturday nights are the best. Saturday afternoons behind that.

They are most likely giving us the Sunday arvo games to start the season before it starts getting too hot and having to give us night games after that. Saturday night is the best for atmosphere. Most people are drinking and you can go back to the pub afterwards without worrying about work the next day.

A heap of Wanderers fans are coming to that game too apparently.

I heard there were about 500 or so coming over but I doubt there will be that many. With the Terrace and the away bay being so close together I do hope no wannabe hooligans start shit.

Yeah some of their songs are definitely outdated. "We hate Sydney FC, We hate Melbourne too F^ckin Oath we do, We hate Adelaide United.." it's like that has been sung since 2004 and rivals and other things have changed so much since then, but they won't let go, probably because of their sense of entitlement.

The Burrow in the NRL shits all over the Shed. The Terrace is doing a fine job with the limited personnel they have.

I remember when Wollongong Wolves was in that song. I swear that song was being sung in the nineties..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were outplayed but damn Adelaide are a good team. Just dominate possestion and strangle teams by sheer work rate. When we actually had the ball we sometimes did something. Garcia is ****ing useless. Nicholls, as I said previously, waltzed around like a 17th century fop. Learn to have the balls to go in to a 50-50 you tin tin lookalike twat.

We were outplayed but damn Adelaide are a good team. Just dominate possestion and strangle teams by sheer work rate. When we actually had the ball we sometimes did something. Garcia is ******* useless. Nicholls, as I said previously, waltzed around like a 17th century fop. Learn to have the balls to go in to a 50-50 you tin tin lookalike twat.

and we gave him a 2 yr deal.

They're only opening the new stand which holds 7-8000. Anything over 5k will be decent even though we are playing Victory. I would get there halfway through the first half so undecided on forking out $30 for the privilege. Wouldn't mind seeing a few fringe players get a crack. Clisby, Ferreria, O'Neill, Woody, Da Silva and even Thurtell.

Possible unpopular opinion here;

The Shed has long been a sad parody of it's former self. Same old boring bullshit from over a decade ago. It used to be great in there. now it's mostly a bunch of fat old Poms and/or wannabe Poms. They are even more cringe worthy when they do the left side/right side in-fighting. They are great at eating their own. One day the knob-head element may die out - but they have a grand sense of self-entitlement because they have been there in some form from the very start. I wonder how many actual originals are left these days? You never see Caveman anymore - haven't for years. Honestly - the only positive contribution I can think of they make anymore is the tour of duty they do every season.
What they need to realise is that they don't have the mortgage on being a true Glory supporter. Many of us have grown up and long since moved on from acting like school boys swearing in songs that are out-dated from another land... and a lot of us have done time supporting from shed. Why would you bring your kids in there among the mouth-breathers? It's a double-edged sword for Tony Sage. They are uncouth twats - but a core group do turn up every week not matter what. What do you do??

On the two bolded points, there are core elements of both groups with the same sense of entitlement (think Bojangles said similar) and I thought there's far more foul language coming from the younger group, perhaps it's curtailed a bit at the ground when nearer to the family stand. Granted though that Sydney chant from the Shed needs to die in a fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back