2nds 2016 Adelaide Crows SANFL season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could have continued with the exact same number of games

I'm sure it's a money saving thing - keep memberships the same for less football, reduce match payments.

Which is why when the SANFL botched the program this season and asked the clubs if they could extend the season back to 20 games they were told to get stuffed by the clubs as they asked way too late.

Give the clubs a heads up in June/July and they can plan for it and would most likely accomodate the request. Ask them in November when they're recruiting/recruited on an 18 game season and you're going to get told in no uncertain terms 'no'.

The SANFL clubs are just as filthy with the SANFL over the season structure as I imagine the Crows are.

On a side note, Centrals next two home games are against Adelaide.

Any word on the health of Sam Shaw? I see he is missing again due to concussion, this must be a real concern now for Sam and the club.

This is a good question re Sam Shaw, hasn't played a game since 10th April. That's a long time to miss from a concussion. All I ever see is that he's missed again due to club following concussion protocols which I understand. But 5-6 weeks is a genuine concern for the lad.

This is a good question re Sam Shaw, hasn't played a game since 10th April. That's a long time to miss from a concussion. All I ever see is that he's missed again due to club following concussion protocols which I understand. But 5-6 weeks is a genuine concern for the lad.
With that length off there must be some serious concerns. This seems a Radar O'riley over again. If the lad has an issue he should stand out as long as it takes.

With that length off there must be some serious concerns. This seems a Radar O'riley over again. If the lad has an issue he should stand out as long as it takes.
Sidney Crosby (ice hockey player) was out for nearly 14 months with a concussion. Is now back to being one of the best players in the league. So it's not game-over for a while yet.

Reilly was never coming back after his injury, that was career ending as soon as the diagnosis was made. Why it took so long to be announced? Probably just to allow Reilly to make it in his own time.

Shaw doesn't sound good though and the longer it drags on the less likely it is he'll return. Personally I get the feeling he's done.

So... anyone at the game and able to give play-by-play descriptions, reviews on each player, action photos and a summary of the coach's addresses at the breaks?

Thanks in advance.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spiteful game at times but Centrals quite dominant at times. Haven't put the full advantage on the scoreboard though.

Centrals by 23 at half time 7.8 to 4.3
Spiteful ??

A few scuffles late in the second quarter and at half time. The umps had to separate the teams heading down the race.

Frees 11-4 Centrals - cue the outrage :D
It happens every week to our side in the SANFL, nothing new.

Who is on this edmead bloke? 3 last quarter goals.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

He was sensational in the last quarter wasn't he.

Centrals responded to their disappointing showing at Glenelg last week in style. When Centrals outscored Adelaide into the breeze in the first quarter, I had a feeling it would be Centrals day, and they cashed in that advantage in the second quarter. Adelaide responded with the breeze in the third quarter, when Centrals had some momentary lapses, however Centrals came out storming in the last quarter - Edmead's first goal in the quarter came in the opening minute, after he spent a good 20 seconds in the goal square (to Younie's disgust).

Adelaide came into this game completely unprepared for Centrals. It was like they saw their second quarter at Glenelg last week and assumed that's how they'd play 4 quarters at home this week, and boy did it cost them.

Centrals will be over the moon, after the non stop whinge about the AFL sides.

Given the Crows demanded the Centrals v Norwood Reserves game be started 15 minutes early this morning so they could have a longer warm up, that just adds fuel to the fire - Centrals had the last laugh with that one though :D

The Crows do themselves no favours with the animosity that some SANFL supporters have towards the side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back