2nds 2016 Adelaide Crows SANFL season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A stand-alone AFL reserves competition would ostensibly relegate these four clubs to a third-tier competition, decimating their chances of survival.

This is why I've never understood the whole "No AFL in the SANFL" push.

A push to be irrelevant.

tumblr_m227401KIQ1qg0rnuo1_500.png

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...y/news-story/22bf76adddcf2fff56ff2e54615f7c8b

A full league and reserves compertition would be good. 50 player lists and zero association with the SANFL is the way to go. Thats not a port power 'bash' the sanfl comment, I just feel it would benefit both parties to be isolated from each other and then let the SANFL find its own identity again.

Bring back the reserves curtain raiser!
And when we travel we really do fly as one.

I haven't heard much about the SANFL team

I thought we were allowed to recruit one senior player (not including top ups) that isn't on the crows list? like we did with wingnut.

We still need a captain.

Captain situation is interesting. Without the thread getting derailed I'd think VB is a fair chance to play near the entire year in the 2's. There's doesn't appear an obvious candidate on our list. I'm going with a weekly rotation.

Will anyone volunteer to captain the side from the current squad ?? Im not keen on rotating the role so who is likely to play out the majority of the year there ??

VB
Otten
Mackay

We don't have a very old squad this year and of our older guys only VB is likely to spend any great length of time in the SANFL. Thommo may play the odd game here and there I guess but IMO he would retire before being dropped.

As little as I rate VB on 2015 form I would have him a bit ahead of Dmac to play a few in the 1's.

The problem is that he will then get the call-up to the AFL side. He's one of those players too good for the 2s and marginal for the 1s

He's not too good for the 2's, he was average when played there. He didn't have the big game that VB had to 'earn' a recall. He'd been poor, but we thought we'd need pace and run v the dogs, so he was recalled to sub.

Captain situation is interesting. Without the thread getting derailed I'd think VB is a fair chance to play near the entire year in the 2's. There's doesn't appear an obvious candidate on our list. I'm going with a weekly rotation.
Is it too late to maybe sign a senior player that has recently been delisted from an AFL list?

Beech recruited to be captain?

Is a rookie so needs to be upgraded before playing AFL anyway.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk
Actually that's a pretty good call. I wonder what his leadership skills are like.

As little as I rate VB on 2015 form I would have him a bit ahead of Dmac to play a few in the 1's.

Comfortably the bottom 2 in the pecking order from our SF team - we've brought in 5 talented, ready to go young players who could replace them. Add Crouch Sr, CEY and Rat to the mix. No reason for either of them to be anywhere near the 22.

Is it too late to maybe sign a senior player that has recently been delisted from an AFL list?

Probably could still be done. Not sure it sends the right message though. Recruiting a captain from outside kinda implies we're a little light on for leadership. Doubt that Beech is the answer for those who mentioned it, if he was setting his sights on a full year in the sanfl he'd have stayed with the bloods. It's his last crack and he won't be keen to be burdened with captaincy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I think about it the more I think it could be a rotating captain.

No stand ouch choice. Personally I see Otten as the captain to start the year but will be interesting to see I he can push for the seniors.

Really looking forward to many players but the one for me is Greenwood.

It's the first time in a long time where I am genuinely excited by all the team (minus Lowden, unless he can step up).

Most players are either good enough for afl or are showing potential.

The more I think about it the more I think it could be a rotating captain.

No stand ouch choice. Personally I see Otten as the captain to start the year but will be interesting to see I he can push for the seniors.

Really looking forward to many players but the one for me is Greenwood.

It's the first time in a long time where I am genuinely excited by all the team (minus Lowden, unless he can step up).

Most players are either good enough for afl or are showing potential.

Or have been found out.

Comfortably the bottom 2 in the pecking order from our SF team - we've brought in 5 talented, ready to go young players who could replace them. Add Crouch Sr, CEY and Rat to the mix. No reason for either of them to be anywhere near the 22.
No good reason

I think we will be way to strong for the other sanfl teams.
If we are dominating games, I think the sanfl clubs will be calling for rule changes again.
I wonder if we will play Ramsey Forward or Back this year. I was surprised to see him in the backlines last year but that may change now with Pods out of the side.

If we are dominating games, I think the sanfl clubs will be calling for rule changes again.
I wonder if we will play Ramsey Forward or Back this year. I was surprised to see him in the backlines last year but that may change now with Pods out of the side.

I suspect out side will look something like this:

B Kelly - Otten - Cheney
HB Van Berlo - Shaw - Wigg
C Atkins - Gore - Mackay
HF McGovern - Ramsey - Beech
F Milera - Dear - Lowden
R O'Brien - Lyons - Grigg
I Hunter - Greenwood - Others

I'm assuming players like CEY, Knight, M. Crouch, Lever, Hampton, Seedsman, etc. will be mostly in our AFL side. Jaensch will be out injured for half the season, and Keath might not be around (due to cricket)

You're forgetting about injuries, the situation that our reserves side faces is that essentially it has to contend with the equivalent of two injury lists, it's own and the firsts who need replacements for their injurred players. So we can't count all our chickens just yet, we'll need to wait to see how our luck goes and how much we'll need to rely on top up players.

You're forgetting about injuries, the situation that our reserves side faces is that essentially it has to contend with the equivalent of two injury lists, it's own and the firsts who need replacements for their injurred players. So we can't count all our chickens just yet, we'll need to wait to see how our luck goes and how much we'll need to rely on top up players.

Yes you're right, injuries will play a big part.
I'm not sure if it was luck or good management but the last couple of years the crows have done well with the injury list.
I hope it continues next year

Adelaide’s 2016 SANFL Fixture

Round One West Adelaide v Adelaide
City Mazda Stadium - Saturday, March 26 (2.10pm)

Round Two Adelaide v Port Adelaide
Mannum Oval - Sunday, April 3 (1.40pm)

Round Three Woodville-West Torrens v Adelaide
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval - Sunday, April 10 (2.10pm)

Round Four – BYE

Round Five Glenelg v Adelaide
Gliderol Stadium - Sunday, April 24 (2.10pm)

Round Six South Adelaide v Adelaide
Hickinbotham Oval - Sunday, May 1 (2.10pm)

Round Seven North Adelaide v Adelaide
Prospect Oval - Sunday, May 8 (1.10pm)

Round Eight – BYE

Round Nine Central District v Adelaide
My Money House Oval - Saturday, May 21 (2.10pm)

STATE GAME v VFL – BYE

Round 10 Sturt v Adelaide
Peter Motley Oval - Saturday, June 4 (2.10pm)

Round 11 Norwood v Adelaide
Coopers Stadium – Sunday, June 12 (1.40pm)

Round 12 – BYE

Round 13 Central District v Adelaide
My Money House Oval – Saturday, June 25 (2.10pm)

Round 14 North Adelaide v Adelaide
Prospect Oval – Saturday, July 2 (2.10pm)

Round 15 Adelaide v Sturt
Thebarton Oval – Saturday, July 9 (2.10pm)

Round 16 Glenelg v Adelaide
Gliderol Stadium – Sunday, July 17 (2.10pm)

Round 17 Woodville-West Torrens v Adelaide
Maughan Thiem Hyundai Oval – Saturday, July 23 (2.10pm)

Round 18 Port Adelaide v Adelaide
Alberton Oval – Sunday, July 31 (1.40pm)

Round 19 – BYE

Round 20 Norwood v Adelaide
Coopers Stadium – Saturday, August 13 (2.10pm)

Round 21 West Adelaide v Adelaide
Berri Oval – Sunday, August 21 (1.10pm)

Round 22 South Adelaide v Adelaide
Hickinbotham Oval – Weekend of August 27 (TBC)

http://sanfl.com.au/files/_system/File/PDFs/2016/2016_IGA_League_Fixture.pdf

I suspect out side will look something like this:

B Kelly - Otten - Cheney
HB Van Berlo - Shaw - Wigg
C Atkins - Gore - Mackay
HF McGovern - Ramsey - Beech
F Milera - Dear - Lowden
R O'Brien - Lyons - Grigg
I Hunter - Greenwood - Others

I'm assuming players like CEY, Knight, M. Crouch, Lever, Hampton, Seedsman, etc. will be mostly in our AFL side. Jaensch will be out injured for half the season, and Keath might not be around (due to cricket)

You expecting Doedee to play AFL from the get go??

If not, surely he plays in the SANFL every game that his fitness dictates??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back