List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Imagine shock horror Brodie seeing his name against Freo in the Phantom. Same feeling as you would get falling down a deep and empty hole. He won't be sleeping well tonight.

Also have people saying draft player X - big body. Are we not beyond that sort of thinking?
I'm usually against the big body good sort of thing but if we do get Berry I can take that as something different from our recently drafted mids to mix things up. He was highly rated at one point too and done well at the combine.

Couple of things with that phantom - more than previous years Twomey seems less certain of who clubs will pick which he readily acknowledges in his preamble. Appears Essendon are very coy on who they'll pick with #1 including the (unlikely) possibility that they'll bid on setterfield. That there's little difference between mcluggage and McGrath doesn't help and who they pick changes what happens down the line

First time I've seen someone other than SPS, English or logue connected to Fremantle and Brodie seems an odd choice for them

It worries me that English is named as a consideration for us

Also, based on his estimations of how many picks clubs will use our picks 89 and 94 move up around a dozen places. I'll be annoyed if we give up that advantage, albeit a small one, by waiting until the rookie draft to pick up a player
- why not use our last pick to select someone rather than wait to the rookie draft when the talent pool will be a dozen players fewer

Couple of things with that phantom - more than previous years Twomey seems less certain of who clubs will pick which he readily acknowledges in his preamble. Appears Essendon are very coy on who they'll pick with #1 including the (unlikely) possibility that they'll bid on setterfield. That there's little difference between mcluggage and McGrath doesn't help and who they pick changes what happens down the line

First time I've seen someone other than SPS, English or logue connected to Fremantle and Brodie seems an odd choice for them

It worries me that English is named as a consideration for us

Also, based on his estimations of how many picks clubs will use our picks 89 and 94 move up around a dozen places. I'll be annoyed if we give up that advantage, albeit a small one, by waiting until the rookie draft to pick up a player
- why not use our last pick to select someone rather than wait to the rookie draft when the talent pool will be a dozen players fewer

If Fyfe does leave they are left with very little inside grunt now that Barlow is gone and Mundy is ageing.

Most Phantom drafters said we have given absolutely 0 indication to anyone on who we will take

If Fyfe does leave they are left with very little inside grunt now that Barlow is gone and Mundy is ageing.
Blakely is the new king and Fyfe isn't going anywhere

/Freo supporter

Neale provides his fair share of inside grunt as well despite Bing a hobbit. They also have Danyle Pearce

Most Phantom drafters said we have given absolutely 0 indication to anyone on who we will take

Twomey's and SEN's both have us taking Berry and both have SPP going to Saints @ 25 and Bolton to Pies @ 30

Imagine shock horror Brodie seeing his name against Freo in the Phantom. Same feeling as you would get falling down a deep and empty hole. He won't be sleeping well tonight.

Also have people saying draft player X - big body. Are we not beyond that sort of thinking?
Brodie said in the 'burning questions' thing the other week that he supports Freo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just don't want GWS to get Toranto because either
a) he'll make them even stronger and impossible to beat, or
b) he'll go back to Victoria cheaply and gift a Melbourne side an absolute gun for a bargain price

That phantom would be a nightmare I reckon. Would love anyone taken before us but don't really want anyone available at our pick.

When we did the phantom draft this is how i felt. It got to our first pick after hoping for a slider and we were to my mind just 1 pick late. I am coming to hate and despise the academies and AFL compensation picks more and more and more. Prior to gold coast and gws coming in and these 2 recent anomalies we would be heading to the draft with pick 10 and 28. Instead it likely ends up being pick 14/15 and pick 37-40.

Based on what they think yes they maybe be right but we haven't told them

I read your initial post upon a quick scan as 'Most Phantom drafts have given absolutely 0 indication as to who we will take'

:oops:

At least this draft should be super exciting since anyone could go anywhere basically

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 AFL Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back