Preview 2016 AFL Finals - Sydney v G.Western Sydney, Stadium Aus, Sat, Sept 10, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Big question will be how many "never ANZ" swans fans actually stay away. I know it's a pain in the arse to trek out there, but the chance for a derby final is a pretty big draw card.

Would be very disappointed if any Sydney/NSW based fans didn't attend purely for that reason.

:pGiven it's next door and our first final, not expecting any such issues from our side. At our more exclusive club we have standards. Also it gets awkward at our clubhouse when people start arguing

View attachment 285543 :relaxed:
Well it was a secret clubhouse....

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

The AFL would be over the moon at the ticket sales.

They now have the opportunity to now go for 60k and actually create a seminal moment in the history of Australian football.

If I was Gil I'd be spending heaps on TV ads for the rest of the week in NSW.

So do the 16,000+ Stadium Australia Gold members have to buy a ticket or do they get free access? You'd expect at least half of them to turn up if its free for them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking of going as a Neutral can say I'm overly amused with the AFL finals ticket prices

:cool:Naaaah
Reckon the footy gods are on our side in this one and will smile on our guys with a fast track on a sunny day, albeit in fading light.

:cool:Naaaah
Reckon the footy gods are on our side in this one and will smile on our guys with a fast track on a sunny day, albeit in fading light.
I think both sides would be pretty happy with a dry track this week.

I think both sides would be pretty happy with a dry track this week.

Agree with that for sure and although we have been better in the wet the past year or two, it's the greatest myth in footy that we are a good wet weather side. Lazy media like Kingy trots it out every time it starts to sprinkle and people take it as gospel. 'Suits there contested style' they say....

Another thing, I'm firmly convinced we are a far better side in the day than in the night when the ball gets a bit slippery, even on a dry evening...

Agree with that for sure and although we have been better in the wet the past year or two, it's the greatest myth in footy that we are a good wet weather side. Lazy media like Kingy trots it out every time it starts to sprinkle and people take it as gospel. 'Suits there contested style' they say....

Another thing, I'm firmly convinced we are a far better side in the day than in the night when the ball gets a bit slippery, even on a dry evening...
Yep, totally agree.

Our wet weather status is questionable, despite being 5/5 this year. For example we beat West Coast who are just as bad in the wet, nearly lost to Brisbane, struggled against a Gold Coast side who had lost their previous 5 games by an average margin of 4 million points, then knocked off Melbourne. Think the 5th might have been Freo but can't quite recall.

Free I believe. That's the whole point of the ticket, much like the MCC membership.
So you don't know 100%. Its why I asked the question to be answered by someone who knows 100% ie is a gold member or knows one. For the overwhelming majority of gold members the point of buying the tickets was getting tickets to the 2000 Olympics and having long term rights and an investment in the stadium which in 2006 they got about $0.10 back on their initial $10,000 investment in 1999.

Different grounds have different rules for 12 month venue memberships. Most give these members access rights rather than just free entry rights to non scheduled / traditional events.

So you don't know 100%. Its why I asked the question to be answered by someone who knows 100% ie is a gold member or knows one. For the overwhelming majority of gold members the point of buying the tickets was getting tickets to the 2000 Olympics and having long term rights and an investment in the stadium which in 2006 they got about $0.10 back on their initial $10,000 investment in 1999.

Different grounds have different rules for 12 month venue memberships. Most give these members access rights rather than just free entry rights to non scheduled / traditional events.

100% free (after you pay the expensive fee).

You don't even need a ticket. You simply book a seat online and swipe in using your card.

This covers all regular fixtures events and finals inc AFL

FOR NON regular events you get a presale right to purchase tix

100% free (after you pay the expensive fee).

You don't even need a ticket. You simply book a seat online and swipe in using your card.

This covers all regular fixtures events and finals inc AFL

FOR NON regular events you get a presale right to purchase tix
Thanks Tuco. Thats the sort of comprehensive answer I was after. How many of the 16,000+ stadium members do you reckon will turn up and do you reckon the 52k figure includes those stadium members who have gone online to book a seat?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2016 AFL Finals - Sydney v G.Western Sydney, Stadium Aus, Sat, Sept 10, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back