Preview 2016 AFL Finals - Sydney v G.Western Sydney, Stadium Aus, Sat, Sept 10, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

They would complain because there wouldn't be enough seats for their members to attend. The fact that not enough seats at SCG for GWS members to attend is a minor point and in no way hypocritical.

Pfft, we can set aside a block of 13 seats to accommodate all GWS members ;)

That could work. An after party of sorts after the boys take step one on the ladder of their destiny on Saturday. Chance to commiserate with the guys that were forced into a support role this year as well.

Jeez... that bye round really killed the AFL's momentum in Sydney. Big free hit to the NRL.
What do you mean? The SMH has the aftermath of the classic GWS v Sydney final that GWS won front and center of their sports coverage on their website. All the analysis of the game, plus the lead up to the Swans v Adelaide Semi and a look forward to the potential matchups for GWS in the prelim...

Oh wait...
http://www.smh.com.au/sport

What do you mean? The SMH has the aftermath of the classic GWS v Sydney final that GWS won front and center of their sports coverage on their website. All the analysis of the game, plus the lead up to the Swans v Adelaide Semi and a look forward to the potential matchups for GWS in the prelim...

Oh wait...
I scrolled down a few times and the first mention of AFL was a CrownBet banner ad quoting finals odds...

Oh wait...
Wouldn't have thought the SMH scribes were that knowleagable about AFL, Kudos to them.

Oh wait...
Haha. I just read the who to follow article, and if you read the storm write up, you could almost change it to AFL and switch storm with the Swans...

At the time of posting Cat 2 single seats only
Cat 1 (Alcohol Free) Sold Out
Cat 2 (Alcohol Free) Single Seats only
Cat 3 (Alcohol Free) Sold Out
Restricted View Sold Out.
All other Categories have availability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

thinkning gws to get up here at ANZ they will run swans off there legs
happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

happy.gif
happy.gif

At the time of posting Cat 2 single seats only
Cat 1 (Alcohol Free) Sold Out
Cat 2 (Alcohol Free) Single Seats only
Cat 3 (Alcohol Free) Sold Out
Restricted View Sold Out.
All other Categories have availability.

Yet on Saturday all cats were sold out including cat 4, yet on Sunday cat 3 and 4 came back for sale again.

Seems a very messy confusing system.

No wonder people hate it.

I still think they need 60k to make it worthwhile changing from the SCG.

Yet on Saturday all cats were sold out including cat 4, yet on Sunday cat 3 and 4 came back for sale again.

Seems a very messy confusing system.

No wonder people hate it.

I still think they need 60k to make it worthwhile changing from the SCG.
If Level 6 is on sale, as mentioned elsewhere they will be over 50k already.
The recent College Football game with 61k there, had most of the Eastern level 6 full, and roughly up to half on the Western.

AFL are expecting 60,000 based on ticket sales so far, according to Gill. Would depend on the weather to crack that I think.

Should be a good atmosphere with that many people.
If we use previous Swans prelims at ANZ as an example (to match the all-NSW hype factor) - they got 61k vs Freo in 2006, 57k in 2012 vs Collingwood and 48k vs North in 2014... In 2003 they managed a cool 71k against Brisbane but I'd imagine that game would've been boosted by it being the first AFL final played at ANZ. So I'd say 55-60k is a pretty reasonable estimate. Saturday is currently forecast to be a nice day - it'd be amazing if they cracked close to 65k.

AFL are expecting 60,000 based on ticket sales so far, according to Gill. Would depend on the weather to crack that I think.

Should be a good atmosphere with that many people.

Would be good. I think the AFL were using the rationale it would draw 60k before a ticket was sold.

Anything over 50k will be a good atmosphere out there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2016 AFL Finals - Sydney v G.Western Sydney, Stadium Aus, Sat, Sept 10, 3.20pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Back