Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
image.jpeg

Crows vs North Melbounre
Adelaide Oval
Saturday 10th of September
7:10 pm

Mod Note: As was the case with WW's non crows match chatter thread this week, please keep all discussion for other finals matches in this thread please. Discussion on our match is cool too but we may as well keep all finals chat in the one thread.

Cheers.

Gone: West Coast and North Melbourne

Week 2:

Western Bulldogs vs Hawthorn @ MCG
Sydney vs Adelaide @ SCG

Last edited:

Should be a good first week of the finals - Geelong, Sydney, Crows and Eagles should all be clear favourites

I think the only possible upset could be GWS over Sydney, which I hope happens for the sake of GWS making history and getting a big boost in crowd support. But then it would mean that we play Sydney in the semi (I would rather play GWS)

Best game of the first week should be Hawthorn v Geelong. I would be stunned if Hawthorn win but as we saw today, they are the experts in finding a way to win.

Can't see how WB can beat WCE. Don't even want to think about North possibly beating us. If it happens it would have to be the biggest upset in VFL/AFL finals history, and the fallout/media hysteria in the Adelaide media would be enormous.

Still think it will be a Geelong V Sydney GF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I agree there is a HUGE question mark on the mindset and leadership of this team right now.

I hate going into finals with our experienced players the most likely to let us down.

Bigger question marks over North Melb

They have won 2 out of their lpast 11 games

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2016-08-28/final-set-for-saturday-night

Game-access Adelaide and North Melbourne Football Club members will be able to purchase tickets during a member priority period starting at 10:00am (SA time) on Tuesday, August 30.

Game-access members can purchase one ticket per membership barcode. Multiple seats can be purchased in the one transaction with multiple barcodes.

Unfortunately, as finals ticketing is controlled by the AFL and not the competing clubs, members won’t be able to secure the same seats as in the home and away season.

Tickets will go on sale to members without game access and the general public at noon on Wednesday, August 31, until sold out. Tickets will be available at Ticketek.com.au.

Flag chances took a massive hit for obvious reasons, but we're still alive and we have three teams in our section of the draw that we've defeated this year.

Time will tell but I think the bye is going to very helpful for us, we just looked very flat on Friday Night. A week to freshen up is ideal.

Can't change the past now, bring on North.

So if I get this right?

Crows beat Roos. Play against an inexperienced GWS, take out Geelong in a prelim to beat Sydney on Grand Final day. Better chance of winning the cross lotto....but you gotta be in it to win it.

2016 Toyota AFL Finals Series, Week One
Thursday September 8, 6.10pm at Domain Stadium
Second elimination final - West Coast v Western Bulldogs

Friday September 9, 7.50pm at the MCG
Second qualifying final - Geelong v Hawthorn

Saturday September 10, 3.20pm at Adelaide Oval
First elimination final - Adelaide v North Melbourne

Sunday September 10, 7.10pm at ANZ Stadium
First qualifying final - Sydney Swans v Greater Western Sydney

From here: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-...ure-eagles-dogs-kick-it-off-on-thursday-night

Seems a bit weird

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day 2016 AFL Finals - Week 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back