Last edited:

Sheppard Mackenzie Schofield
Wellingham Brown Hurn
Gaff Priddis Jetta
Masten Kennedy Cripps
LeCras McGovern Darling

Ruck: Natanui Yeo Shuey

Int: Sinclair Hill Sheed Duggan Redden

Agree with that team looks good actually would you have Rosa, Hutchings, Ellis as depth?

Wellingham Brown Hurn
Gaff Priddis Jetta
Masten Kennedy Cripps
LeCras McGovern Darling

Depth: Ellis Butler Rosa Lycett McInnes Waterman Lamb Hutchings Bennell Newman
Agreed spot on there, McInnes is important and could really be massive

In the Gf we played poor , bad bounce of ball etc and Hawks played well . Our team is pretty good when things settle down .

I think McInnes schofield and Darling could trim down especially with McGovern being big bodied swingman that can go fwd and the good thing about McInness I think he could be a better fwd than Darling , the transition in the game these days needs players that can run on the fast break and even if Schoey is needed down back body size is outdone by spare man coming in to help out with Simmos setup .

Sinkers had 1 bad game and so many jumped off him bummer it was the Gf . Lycett and Nic Nat combination has never worked however no sub next year might help that .

With Brown and Mckenzie back Yeo wellingham and Sheppard will be playing more midfield and forward . The best 22 is speculative and depends on fitness form etc . I will defer off a best 22 until after the preseason games next year . A fit Duggan , Nelson and new draftees are gonna play a part .

Still quite a bit off and we dont know how much they will improve after a preseason are Cavka and McGuinness .

In the Gf we played poor , bad bounce of ball etc and Hawks played well . Our team is pretty good when things settle down .

I think McInnes schofield and Darling could trim down especially with McGovern being big bodied swingman that can go fwd and the good thing about McInness I think he could be a better fwd than Darling , the transition in the game these days needs players that can run on the fast break and even if Schoey is needed down back body size is outdone by spare man coming in to help out with Simmos setup .

Sinkers had 1 bad game and so many jumped off him bummer it was the Gf . Lycett and Nic Nat combination has never worked however no sub next year might help that .

With Brown and Mckenzie back Yeo wellingham and Sheppard will be playing more midfield and forward . The best 22 is speculative and depends on fitness form etc . I will defer off a best 22 until after the preseason games next year . A fit Duggan , Nelson and new draftees are gonna play a part .

Still quite a bit off and we dont know how much they will improve after a preseason are Cavka and McGuinness .
Duggan, Sheed, Yeo all playing onball will be much better plus Lamb could be something too alot of upside

Great player and bloke but he never stands up under pressure - could we trade the frenchman?
Lecras was good in the finals but gee what a day to go missing,
Really hope Cav gets up. The dude is a monster gut runner apparently. Any news on him?
Not sure have not heard anything as yet. However we need some strong inside mids Yeo, Sheed will be there but I feel Hodge, Mitchell and Lewis were feasting on us. Will be better for the run. However we cannot assume we are going to roll into the GF

Wellingham Brown Hurn
Gaff Priddis Jetta
Masten Kennedy Cripps
LeCras McGovern Darling

Agree with that team looks good actually would you have Rosa, Hutchings, Ellis as depth?
Rosa Hutchings Ellis Butler strike me as depth type players yes

Wellingham Brown Hurn
Gaff Priddis Jetta
Masten Kennedy Cripps
LeCras McGovern Darling

Depth: Ellis Butler Rosa Lycett McInnes Waterman Lamb Hutchings Bennell Newman
Also the Gov foward allows Darling to be more dangerous and we will be a far more potent attack. Anyone think Bennel over Jetta. Sure he has issues but he is a special player all class

Rosa Hutchings Ellis Butler strike me as depth type players yes
Yeah we had too many depth players for GF but you only play who you can play

Redden, Jetta, Harely Bennel need to be looked at. But good luck if we can get all of them. I prefer Harley Bennell could be a real weapon

(Log in to remove this ad.)

IIRC Darling trimmed down when he joined the club. He's only listed 5kg more than Shuey. I doubt he could trim down much more as he has huge shoulders.

IIRC Darling trimmed down when he joined the club. He's only listed 5kg more than Shuey. I doubt he could trim down much more as he has huge shoulders.

He needs to. The current game requires that the third tall needs be agile and good above and below the knees. He's lost pretty much all three of these attributes, but I think a full preseason will do him good.

The Chick and HUN affair is stark reminder as to why the club will not go anywhere near Bennell. Sucks because he would fill a role but it won't happen.
I know it sucks, Bennel anyday over Jetta, but the club is too *** scared but surely our leadership and culture has come along way since. But I see your poiint of view

Wellingham Mackenzie Hurn
Sheppard Schofield Yeo
Gaff Priddis Duggan
Masten McGovern Darling
Cripps Kennedy LeCras
Naitanui Shuey Sheed
Lycett Hill Butler Rosa
Emg: Brown Ellis Hutchings

Don't think we can carry three talls in our backline. We've proven to be better and more flexible with just the two, plus Gov is more than capable of swinging back if need be. Brown is very unlucky not to make it but Schofield has been undeniably good this year.

Need to get absolute maximum midfield time into Sheed and Duggan.

Haven't included potential trades. Would need to see some real effort from Jetta to convince he should be in the team.

I don't reckon we'll ever go into a game with just Nic Nat as the sole genuine ruckman, especially with the sub rule gone.
Depends how he goes over pre season
He needs to build up a greater tank, and look to have more impact around the ground
If capable, a Naitanui/Gov ruck duo serves a lot more purpose than having Sinclair in the team

FB:Hurn Emac Nelson
HB:Wellingham Schoey Sheppard
C:Gaff Priddis Masten
HF: Duggan Kennedy LeCras
FF Darling McGovern Cripps

Ruck: Nic Shuey Yeo

Interchange: Hutchings/Lamb, Sheed, Lycett, Redden

E: Hutchings/Lamb, Sinclair, Hill, Jetta, Ellis, Rosa, Brown

Would love the Gov taking packs marks up forward. Kennedy to play further up. Masten to a wing because he is too good not to play, too weak inside....turn him into a seagull.

Last edited:
Defence:
Butler - Emac - Sheppard
Wellingham - Schoey - Hurn

Emac coming in will be huge, we really missed his experience and reliability in defence. Ellis is perhaps unlucky to miss out but he is fighting for a spot with Butler and I feel as though Butler is more reliable. Wellingham and Hurn off half back is a good combination, hopefully we look to free up Hurn more in 2016 because throughout this year he seemed to be playing more of a lockdown role which took him out of the game. Shep can match up on the third tall as he did magnificently this year. If he starts to struggle then we can always throw Gov down back.

Midfield/Followers:
Gaff - Priddis - Duggan
Nic Nat - Shuey - Yeo

Midfield still seems fairly weak with lots of youth and inexperience. Duggan should play 22 games off a wing, still doesn't have the body to play much of an inside role but at least with him you feel confident he could get 20+ uncontested disposals and rarely miss a target. Will only get better and even at 19 he will add some serious class to the side. Nic Nat staying fit is essentially the key to our premiership chances, when he is on he makes us a 5 goal better side. Yeo needs a full pre season with the midfield group and should play the whole season in the guts. Throughout the year we saw glimpses of what he can do in there and if he can become consistent he has the potential to be a top 10 midfielder in the game over the coming years. Seemed to run out of steam at the end of the year but he is young and perhaps doesn't have the fitness base yet that is required in a midfielder.

Forwards:
Jetta - Gov - Cripps
Lecras - JK - Darling

Gov should be our CHF next year. He is the missing link in our forward line. Watching yesterday made it evident that we needed someone in our forward 50 who could take a big grab or create a contest to support JK. Also, if we are getting killed in our defence we can always drop Gov back loose in defence to float in and take a few grabs to slow the play down. If we sign Jetta (which looks likely), i'd play him across half forward and see if he can replicate his 2012 form where he kicked 40 odd goals. Adds pace and footskills and will probably thrive under Simmo. Darling should slim down a tiny bitter over the preseason, looks way too bulky and has lost some of his explosive pace because of that. He can play 3rd tall across half forward who uses his speed and explosiveness along with his defensive pressure as another dimension to the forward line. Cripps should improve further and hopefully find more of the ball and Lecca should kick his usual 40+ goals with bursts in the middle.

Bench:
Sheed - Lycett - Masten - Hill

Sheed and Masten give us extra midfield rotations along with Lycett to give Nic Nat support in the ruck. Lycett gets the nod over Sinclair because while Sinclair is good with his marking around the ground, he still lacks ability in the ruck which gives us a huge disadvantage for long periods of the game. Lycett will hopefully return to his form at the end of last year. Hill is an extra forward rotation and adds another dimension to our forward 50. I feel like i'm missing a rotation down back but maybe Duggan can rotate along half back when Wellers/Shep/Hurn etc. need a rest. Not sure where to slot Redden in if we sign him.
Lets hope we can go one better in 2016. I'm already excited for what we can achieve next year, bring it on :) Fingers crossed the injury gods are on our side!!

FB Hurn Emac Butler
HB Wellingham Schofield Sheppard
C Gaff Priddis Duggan
HF Lecras McGovern Darling
FF Cripps Kennedy Hill
R Naitanui Shuey Yeo

I Redden Shred Sinclair Nelson/Ellis
E Nelson/Ellis Rosa Lycett Masten Hutch Lamb Brown

Dont want jetta

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 - Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad