2016 - Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Every time I see this thread it reminds me how much potential we have next year. We made a Grand Final and providing Jetta can play anywhere like he has before we've easily upgraded our best 22.
Dat "soft draw" tho

Apparently we will drop out of the 8 now that we've got a 'real' draw

Dat "soft draw" tho

Apparently we will drop out of the 8 now that we've got a 'real' draw

Any excuses from the other supporters, we should win most of our games at home with our beautiful new strip and if we can snag a few games away like last season we will make the top 4. Haters gonna hate and all that.

Any excuses from the other supporters, we should win most of our games at home with our beautiful new strip and if we can snag a few games away like last season we will make the top 4. Haters gonna hate and all that.

But are they gonna hate, hate, hate and are you gonna shake, shake, shake.

It's good to have a guy like Hutchings relegated to emergency too.
Hoping the kids can really push on next year and put guys like hutchings further down the pecking order.

I think we're on the brink of a really strong list with a lot of depth, assuming a couple of these kids can push into or around the 22 then watch out.

Hoping the kids can really push on next year and put guys like hutchings further down the pecking order.

I think we're on the brink of a really strong list with a lot of depth, assuming a couple of these kids can push into or around the 22 then watch out.
Yeah some real quick development from Duggan and Lamb would take us to another level. Need Sheed to avoid plateauing too.

Butler Mackenzie Hurn

Sheppard Schofield Wellingham

Jetta Priddis Gaff

Cripps McGovern Yeo

Darling Kennedy Lecras

Naitanui Redden Shuey

Sheed, Mastin, Hill, Lycett.

Same as Kennedy. You going to leave him out! We always through history loose the first GF. Legacy is what we want from this group

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hill won us a few games too.
Did well against Port in Adelaide and was a big part of our win against the Freo.
Nah I'm a fan of Hilly....can break a game open. Wasn't happy with the smiles n stuff during the granny when we were getting spanked. Had a good laugh with Brian Lake as well.

Nah I'm a fan of Hilly....can break a game open. Wasn't happy with the smiles n stuff during the granny when we were getting spanked. Had a good laugh with Brian Lake as well.
Yeah **** that.
After the first final I truely believed.
Hope they all suffer a long hot pre season and stew over that performance all year.
Gaff, Shep excluded of course.

Our forward line in particular is a bit too laid back. JK, Lecca, Hill and Cripps all seem like guys you could have a good laugh with, and they certainly work hard defensively and athletically, but as a combination there's maybe a bit of a lack of killer instinct there.

Our forward line in particular is a bit too laid back. JK, Lecca, Hill and Cripps all seem like guys you could have a good laugh with, and they certainly work hard defensively and athletically, but as a combination there's maybe a bit of a lack of killer instinct there.

Bring back Peter Wilson and Carl Langdon

Jetta Should be even better on Subiaco Oval with his runs down the wing compared to tiny SCG

On game day my emergencies may well play depending on team balance
Best 22
A Graders . Priddis , Shuey , Gaff , Nic Nat , McGovern, Emac . Kennedy .
B+ Graders Shepherd , Yeo , Wellingham ,Hurn , Darling , Lecras , Redden, Jetta
B Graders Schofield , Butler , Ellis ,Cripps , Masten , sheed, Duggan

Emergencies Nelson , Lycett , McInnes , Brown, hill

As long as those runs are in both directions...

May as well have a crack at a best 22

FB: Ellis, Emac, Hurn
CHB: Wellingham, Schoey, Shepp
C: Jetta Priddis Gaff
HF: Lecras McGovern Darling
FF: Cripps JK Duggan
R: NN Shuey Yeo
Int: Sheed Redden Masten Nelson

Gov to spell Nic in the ruck. To be timed with Yeo pushing forward as a marking option.

Coin flip between Butler and Ellis - go with the bloke who isn't injured.

May as well have a crack at a best 22

FB: Ellis, Emac, Hurn
CHB: Wellingham, Schoey, Shepp
C: Jetta Priddis Gaff
HF: Lecras McGovern Darling
FF: Cripps JK Duggan
R: NN Shuey Yeo
Int: Sheed Redden Masten Nelson

Gov to spell Nic in the ruck. To be timed with Yeo pushing forward as a marking option.

Coin flip between Butler and Ellis - go with the bloke who isn't injured.

Hoping Partington can dislodge Masten out of the 22.

Potential insight into Jetta's role:

Priddis said Jetta’s long, penetrating kick would be useful for the Eagles, particularly across half-back, where they liked to set up their play.

“Sharrod Wellingham, Sheppard, Hurn, these guys really got our ball movement going, so he’ll be thrown in that mix,” Priddis said.

“He’ll play a little bit on the wing and half-forward, too, so that outside run is something that is going to really help us going forward.

“He’ll be very versatile.”
http://m.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-p...om-new-teammates/story-e6frf3e3-1227664768973

If Jetta is spending around half his time on a HBF then I'd like to see this team. I'd have Gov splitting his time equally between defence and attack.

Wellingham Mackenzie Sheppard
Hurn Schofield Jetta
Duggan Priddis Gaff
Yeo McGovern Darling
Cripps Kennedy LeCras

Naitanui Redden Shuey

Ellis Sheed Masten Lycett

E: Hill Butler/Ellis Hutchings

Edit: missed Hurn...

Last edited:
Potential insight into Jetta's role:

Priddis said Jetta’s long, penetrating kick would be useful for the Eagles, particularly across half-back, where they liked to set up their play.

“Sharrod Wellingham, Sheppard, Hurn, these guys really got our ball movement going, so he’ll be thrown in that mix,” Priddis said.

“He’ll play a little bit on the wing and half-forward, too, so that outside run is something that is going to really help us going forward.

“He’ll be very versatile.”
http://m.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-p...om-new-teammates/story-e6frf3e3-1227664768973

If Jetta is spending around half his time on a HBF then I'd like to see this team. I'd have Gov splitting his time equally between defence and attack.

Wellingham Mackenzie Ellis
Sheppard Schofield Jetta
Duggan Priddis Gaff
Yeo McGovern Darling
Cripps Kennedy LeCras

Naitanui Redden Shuey

Nelson Sheed Masten Lycett

E: Hill Butler Hutchings
No captain on the field?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back