Talk about riches!

B: Schofield MacKenzie Hurn
HB: Wellingham Brown Sheppard
C: Gaff Priddis Masten
HF: LeCras McGovern Jetta
F: Cripps Kennedy Darling
R: NicNat Yeo Shuey
Inter: Lycett Redden Sheed Duggan

Looking at that, I know McGovern is probably likely to play CHB, but I really want him to win the Coleman and Brownlow double in 2016!

Yup thats my best 22 right there.

For me Yeo starts in the guts with shuey and priddis, masten to flank and redden to bench

Cant argue with that - perfect 3 way rotation.
Actually ran into a current AFL coach (& a recently retired player who us now his assistant) at the boxing day test & they both said how scary WC's options are. They both said that they felt WC were going to be the hardest team to plan for & match up on such is their flexibility.

Masten particularly & Hill to a certain extent are in 22 at seasons start.
With the experience thats been gained this year - unlikely for Butler AND Ellis to BOTH be in 22 & a suggest good chance BOTH miss out

Schofield emac hurn
Well mcgovern shep
Gaff priddis jetta
Lecras darling yeo
Cripps kennedy hill
Nait shuey redden
Duggan masten sheed lycett

Enough flexibility there to make it work

BOND 007 - nice post. That gives us as depth/development team as follows:
upload_2016-1-4_6-22-56.png
Starting to believe our squad has improved since season end. Also showing good signs for the future with the development prospects.

B. Butler Mackenzie Shepperd

HB. Schofeild Hurn Wellingham

C. Redden Yeo Gaff

HF. Cripps Darling Lecras

F. Jetta Kennedy Sheed

R. Nic Priddis Shuey

INT.Mcgovern Masten Hutchings Lycett

EMG: Duggan Brown Hill

IN: Mackenzie Jetta Redden Lycett OUT: Sinclair Ellis Rosa Hill - from last years Grand Final

B. Butler Mackenzie Shepperd

HB. Schofeild Hurn Wellingham

C. Redden Yeo Gaff

HF. Cripps Darling Lecras

F. Jetta Kennedy Sheed

R. Nic Priddis Shuey

INT.Mcgovern Masten Hutchings Lycett

EMG: Duggan Brown Hill

IN: Mackenzie Jetta Redden Lycett OUT: Sinclair Ellis Rosa Hill - from last years Grand Final

Jetta will play marginally backward of centre - will run the same patterns as Smith from Hawthorn.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of chat here about Masten not being in best 22. Hard to fathom given he is a ball magnet and an endurance beast particularly with the new interchange rules coming in. Redden is on the fringe given his injury woes last year & a perennial b-grader, Jetta is a walk-up start with his penetrating kick (and also cos he's an ex-Swan).

Plenty of chat here about Masten not being in best 22. Hard to fathom given he is a ball magnet and an endurance beast particularly with the new interchange rules coming in. Redden is on the fringe given his injury woes last year & a perennial b-grader, Jetta is a walk-up start with his penetrating kick (and also cos he's an ex-Swan).

Redden is a substantial upgrade to Masten.

Different players different roles.
Would take mastens kicking inside 50 or all day run anyday over redden. Would taken redden extracting a hard ball or tackling someone anyday over masten

Well it's one or the other, your scenario doesn't roll in reality.

Masten particularly & Hill to a certain extent are in 22 at seasons start.
With the experience thats been gained this year - unlikely for Butler AND Ellis to BOTH be in 22 & a suggest good chance BOTH miss out

Schofield emac hurn
Well mcgovern shep
Gaff priddis jetta
Lecras darling yeo
Cripps kennedy hill
Nait shuey redden
Duggan masten sheed lycett

Enough flexibility there to make it work

If we are willing to drop Ellis and Butler then the team make up does become easier.

I kept one of them not because I think its a better team but because I think our MC is pretty conservative.

What about masten spending some more time off hbf. Mid will still be his position, but to give us more flexibility and means we can do without one and maybe both Ellis and butler.

What about masten spending some more time off hbf. Mid will still be his position, but to give us more flexibility and means we can do without one and maybe both Ellis and butler.
Masten on a Half back flank would be insanity

Don

Dont you have to be able to tackle to play in the backline?

Or at least be able to intercept mark or simply mark above your head

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 - Best 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back