List Mgmt. 2016 Delisted Free Agents

Remove this Banner Ad

DelSanto is far more in the mold than Barlow. Despite his age he runs rings around Barlow, has better skills, is quicker, knows how to get it on the outside and deliver and is a lefty. Is in better form also regardless of how NM or Freo treated either of them.

If we are going to recycle a hasbeen, Nicky Dal suits our needs and game style far more than Barlow.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with you Marty.

There's a reason every player that is delisted was unable to be traded to any of the other 17 clubs

Because no one wanted them or were worth paying anything for
Not necessarily so, some of the clubs would not know until after trade week depending on who they brought in/traded what the exact make-up of their list was, and if other clubs had interest why flag it when you can pick them up free as DFA's because you can bet they would have had contact with the player's management.

Not necessarily so, some of the clubs would not know until after trade week depending on who they brought in/traded what the exact make-up of their list was, and if other clubs had interest why flag it when you can pick them up free as DFA's because you can bet they would have had contact with the player's management.

Go for it we have players that supporters want to get rid of or don't think they are up to it, no different from the ones delisted. The older ones were delisted for just that the others which weren't recontracted weren't because the club didn't think they were worth it, go somewhere else as far as I am concerned

DelSanto is far more in the mold than Barlow. Despite his age he runs rings around Barlow, has better skills, is quicker, knows how to get it on the outside and deliver and is a lefty. Is in better form also regardless of how NM or Freo treated either of them.

If we are going to recycle a hasbeen, Nicky Dal suits our needs and game style far more than Barlow.

Nope. Dal Santo is cooked, has lost a lot of the skills and quickness in the past two years. Not worth it.

Barlow would be a much better pickup, proved he wasn't cooked this year when actually played in the right position (inside mid extractor).

Barlow would be an upgrade on Thommo. Dal wouldn't.

Nope. Dal Santo is cooked, has lost a lot of the skills and quickness in the past two years. Not worth it.

Barlow would be a much better pickup, proved he wasn't cooked this year when actually played in the right position (inside mid extractor).

Barlow would be an upgrade on Thommo. Dal wouldn't.

But Thommo hasn't been delisted he is contracted so won't need upgrading

I thought everyone wanted to give the likes if Wigg, CEY, Menzel, Hampton a crack or are they list cloggers by bringing in a player that one of the bottom teams couldn't find a spot for probably so they can promote youth like we want to do!
We can still give youth a go with a Barlow in the side! Take out Mackay and Douglas, and any other under performers (which there's guaranteed to be next year). Besides, Barlow will only be a one-year rental to let our inside mid that we hopefully get with 13 develop, with likely a second year spent on the list as depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We currently have 4 list vacancies (VB, Jaensch, Lowden, Lyons). It's safe to assume that we're going to use at least 4 "live" draft selections, because we traded for #67, which became our 4th selection. It's also safe to assume that O'Brien is going to be upgraded, so we have to delist one more player already - presumably Grigg.

Any DFAs we sign will require the delisting of an additional player, with Henderson & Dear the only other players still out of contract. I'm assuming that Henderson is the next player in the gun.

So.. the question becomes - does this player offer more than Ricky Henderson. If the answer is yes, then we sign them. If not, we keep Hendo for another year.

Given our failure to acquire Gibbs, combined with the trading of Lyons, I think that signing Barlow makes a lot of sense. It wouldn't have been my first preference going into the trading period, but it's not a bad fallback option with the way things stand right now.

We currently have 4 list vacancies (VB, Jaensch, Lowden, Lyons). It's safe to assume that we're going to use at least 4 "live" draft selections, because we traded for #67, which became our 4th selection. It's also safe to assume that O'Brien is going to be upgraded, so we have to delist one more player already - presumably Grigg.

Any DFAs we sign will require the delisting of an additional player, with Henderson & Dear the only other players still out of contract. I'm assuming that Henderson is the next player in the gun.
When did Cheney get a contract? Did I miss an announcement?

So.. the question becomes - does this player offer more than Ricky Henderson. If the answer is yes, then we sign them. If not, we keep Hendo for another year.

Given our failure to acquire Gibbs, combined with the trading of Lyons, I think that signing Barlow makes a lot of sense. It wouldn't have been my first preference going into the trading period, but it's not a bad fallback option with the way things stand right now.
Surely we upgrade greenwood too. He's 24 and we should give him a crack in 2017

When did Cheney get a contract? Did I miss an announcement?
No announcement, but there was a twitter comment posted by the AFC to the effect that he was contracted for 2017.
Surely we upgrade greenwood too. He's 24 and we should give him a crack in 2017
Unlikely. O'Brien is a near certainty to be upgraded. Beech would be the next cab off the rank, and I think the odds of him being promoted are well below 50%. I can't see Greenwood or Keath being upgraded this year - 2017 is much more likely.

Grigg was delisted today

1st quarter v Syd. Which of either Barlow or Dal might have got their hands on the ball?

Jeebers, some harsh judges here. Not that I would be fussed if we overlooked the whole list but Josh Green is a quality small fwd who I would be surprised if he didn't get picked up by someone

He will absolutely get picked up by someone. Not us though, as I don't think there's a spot for him at the Crows.

Eli Templeton - YES - Absolutely - Electric pace - Run and Carry - Kicks Goals.....

http://www.aflplayerratings.com.au/Ratings/Player/117654/Eli-TEMPLETON

2016 Season
1 Port Set up two goals from limited opportunities. 4
2 Played in VFL trial against Williamstown.
3 VFL Gave run and carry when required for Sandy through the middle. -
4 Haw One goal but didn’t make the most of his opportunity and has others breathing down his neck. 3
5 VFL Did well in midfield and didn’t look to waste many of his 23 touches. -
6 VFL Solid game in the midfield rotation. 23 touches and two goals. -
7 VFL Big ball winner in the middle with 36 touches and hit the scoreboard with a major. -
8 Senior emergency.
9 VFL Continued good run of form with 31 touches, four inside-50s and a goal. -
10 VFL Bye. -
11 VFL Unable to break free at times, but worked hard to play a minor role. -
12 VFL Continued strong VFL form with another big outing in hard-fought win. -
13 VFL Bye. -
14 VFL Massive game. 36 touches and six tackles to get things going Zebs’ way. -
15 VFL Can’t question work ethic and got to the right spots to win plenty of ball. -
16 Senior emergency.
17 VFL Superb all afternoon. Nine marks, six inside-50s and five clearances. -
18 VFL Not as prominent as he has been in midfield. Scorps’ shut him down well. -
19 VFL Willy paid him close attention and managed to limit his impact. -
20 Didn’t play for Sandringham.
21 VFL Steady game in midfield with 23 possessions, three inside-50s. -
22 VFL Serviceable showing in midfield without being at his best. -
23 VFL Good balanced outing in middle. Pushed back well, and drove ball into attack. -

Was a big fan when he was in line to be drafted but didn't see much of him after that. Added to the main list.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Delisted Free Agents

Remove this Banner Ad

Back