List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Which player do you want at our first & second pick?

• Daniel Venables

Votes: 14 9.2%
  • Will Hayward

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • Jy Simpkin

Votes: 15 9.9%
  • Sam Powell-Pepper

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • Zach Sproule

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Harrison Macreadie

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • Todd Marshall

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • Jarrod Berry

Votes: 19 12.5%
  • Jordan Galluci

• Oliver Florent

Votes: 12 7.9%
  • Jack Scrimshaw

• Luke Ryan

• Josh Battle

Votes: 25 16.4%
  • Willem Drew

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • Jack Maibum

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Joe Atley

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Tim English

Votes: 31 20.4%
  • Josh Rotham

• Patrick Kerr

Votes: 4 2.6%
  • Alex Witherden

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Brennan Cox

Votes: 6 3.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Some bloke claims to know Kayle Kirby's brother who told him that we have advised Kayle that we'll be into taking him with pick 26 if he drops 5kg before the draft..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'd take that with a bit of salt. He is a good player but more of someone who'd be picked up at pick 50.

Some bloke claims to know Kayle Kirby's brother who told him that we have advised Kayle that we'll be into taking him with pick 26 if he drops 5kg before the draft..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

We said something similar to Honeychurch didn't we?
It'd have to depend who is still on the table, doubt the club has many any promises THIS early

It'd have to depend who is still on the table, doubt the club has many any promises THIS early

Yeah I doubt any promises have been made yet. Think he is a better chance at 50 but with those VFL games he played and the evenness of this draft anything could happen.

Yeah I doubt any promises have been made yet. Think he is a better chance at 50 but with those VFL games he played and the evenness of this draft anything could happen.
If that is who we want, I have no problem with it.
But saying nearly a month before the draft that you'll take a player seems a little strange

For example; say someone slides to our second that we'd have wanted to take at our first as well, do we still take that player we made a promise to?

Not a fan of the situation if there is any truth behind it

Honeychurch said he was surprised to even be drafted, it doesn't sound like we gave him any indication. By McLean's article last year he also had no idea.
I think it's really only the top picks that get promised anything and that's usually in the last week of the draft which makes sense.

Honeychurch said he was surprised to even be drafted, it doesn't sound like we gave him any indication. By McLean's article last year he also had no idea.
I think it's really only the top picks that get promised anything and that's usually in the last week of the draft which makes sense.

Yeah, I'm alright with that

I do remember Honey did say we'd take him
But we ended up taking Fuller before him..
He most definitely said it though

What's happened to Neon Dion? Are we still able to take him as a Cat B rookie? Haven't seen much of Kirby, but Dion looks the goods. Would probably prefer we take him.

I don't see his potential being lived out as a ruckman. If you can have a bloke who's 205cm playing off CHB, or ruck-roving like Mark Blicavs, he's going to have a far larger impact than should he be simply playing ruck/forward. Watching his games in the Champs, his marking in the defensive half is superb, and if that can be paired with a good defensive mindset, he could be an incredibly damaging defender, impossible to beat in the air. At 18, I think everyone would be happy to take a punt on him, but it's still unlikely he slips that far.

A 205cm ruckman who plays like a midfielder. You wouldn't waste that talent by playing him in defence.
Clubs could end up with the advantage of having an extra mid at every stoppage.
Unless his development goes backwards at a rate of knots, he looks like a potential superstar.

what are he's Stats or Bio
Powerful forward. Is very agressive, loves the physical stuff and strong in the air and on the ground. Has very good pace but needs to trim down. He is around the 181cm mark.

Kicked 5 goals on debut in the VFL for Richmond and kicked 4 the week after that, which is what I was on about.

What's happened to Neon Dion? Are we still able to take him as a Cat B rookie? Haven't seen much of Kirby, but Dion looks the goods. Would probably prefer we take him.

We only have Tory Dickson on our list who is a genuine goal kicking small forward. Why not have both considering they play in totally different ways and Dion wouldn't cost us a list spot as a Cat B anyways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A 205cm ruckman who plays like a midfielder. You wouldn't waste that talent by playing him in defence.
Clubs could end up with the advantage of having an extra mid at every stoppage.
Unless his development goes backwards at a rate of knots, he looks like a potential superstar.
I don't think he's quick enough to play as a contested midfielder, and his ball use is too good to be wasted in the guts. I reckon he's better as an intercept player, but each to their own.

Kayle Kirby isn't worth pick 26 imo and is also Tigers Cat B Player so unless we are dicks he will end up there
Would still be on the board at 75

Dion will be at the dogs next year, not many clubs are interested in him and Bulldogs have been scouting him since last year from what i was told.
A lot of Mclean in him

Kayle Kirby isn't worth pick 26 imo and is also Tigers Cat B Player so unless we are dicks he will end up there

He's worth more than nothing though, which is what the Tigers would get him for as a Cat B.

Seems like he's on par with Ben Long. Pick 50+ is fair price.

What do people think of Cedric Cox?

What do people think of Cedric Cox?
Reminds me a bit of Stephen Tahana from North Adelaide who was in
last years draft, but who did not get drafted. Cox is around 184 cm
and 70 kg, plenty of run and carry and a very good user of the ball,
at this stage he does not get enough ball, but neither does Cyril
Rioli.

Don't get what you mean here, are you saying it's morally wrong for us to take Jy Simpkin, Esava Ratugolea, Ben Ronke etc in the draft?

What is Powell-Peppers disposal like?

If it is above average, he looks the complete package for a mid.
There have been question marks over his kicking and consistency, although it's a little unfair criticising the latter as he was thrown into WAFL seniors and played for various teams this year. Looked good in the all stars game. Has worked hard this year to improve his kicking it seems. I like him as a prospect and think he could be an impact payer in the midfield and rest forward effectively. Got a few nice tricks with his don't argue and agility.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 Draft Prospects(Poll Added)

Back