List Mgmt. 2016 Draft, Trading and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a piece of work! Get more for him on they way out, and have been more than rewarded for what he has cost! Transactions like that are the bread and butter of successful clubs!
I value mayne now between 20-30 . He just need to refresh with pav retirement, i dont think he is done yet in afl , but for freo he is . Remember morton from sydney , pretty ordinary with Melbourne but win a flag with swans.

do freo give up pick 3 for lobb & McCarthy?

I think we need to have a first round pick to allow future flexibility.

If Mayne gets us end of first or we can get a late first back from GWS in the deal I'd do it.

If we enter this years draft with no first, the club have failed.

Anyone think Taberner can become a permanent fixture in defense?

If we get McCarthy and one of Hogan or Lobb there is simply no room for Taberner in our forward line.

Taberner has height a great tank and an innate ability to bring the ball to ground.

Thinking outside the box has proven to be the go (thinking clayton oliver types here) , for 2017 draft i am eyeing off a nuggety inside midfielder harry mulchay, played east malvern seniours as a 16 year old for a few games before injuring his calf. He was ultimately overlooked from oakleigh chargers due to the injury but hopefully Returning for a full preseason with the chargers at the end of this year. I am tipping this 178 cm 85 kg beast to maybe get rookie drafted next year : Watch this space

Omeara has officially requested a trade to Hawks.

That advantages us in a massive way. It give greater value to the likes of Barlow and in doing a 3 way trade with the Hawks for Hill.

Hawks won't be able to get Omeara themselves. So Barlow and perhaps DeBoer, Suban, Ibbo etc become part of Hawks steak knives.

They'll need to give up their first rounder (say 15) and GC have demanded they want mature bodies.

Omeara has officially requested a trade to Hawks.

That advantages us in a massive way. It give greater value to the likes of Barlow and in doing a 3 way trade with the Hawks for Hill.

Hawks won't be able to get Omeara themselves. So Barlow and perhaps DeBoer, Suban, Ibbo etc become part of Hawks steak knives.

They'll need to give up their first rounder (say 15) and GC have demanded they want mature bodies.

How mainstream. Jaeger what a douche.

And no thanks on BHill

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone think Taberner can become a permanent fixture in defense?

If we get McCarthy and one of Hogan or Lobb there is simply no room for Taberner in our forward line.

Taberner has height a great tank and an innate ability to bring the ball to ground.

There is no guarantee Tabs in defence would work however it is worth considering. I had been wondering the same thing myself but more as a swing man who could play forward, back and even midfield at times. To the best of my knowledge he has never played as a back man however so perhaps the match committee know the answer to that question already.

And imagine the melts on here if he had a goal kicked on him, that would be priceless.

Taberner in defence was tried one derby in 2014 (the home one) and it was thoroughly uninspiring.

He is not the smartest footballer going around and if he becomes a permanent fixture it will be as a CHF or not at all I'd say. Why we would do that over Collins and Pearce who already look natural down back is beyond me.

There is no guarantee Tabs in defence would work however it is worth considering. I had been wondering the same thing myself but more as a swing man who could play forward, back and even midfield at times. To the best of my knowledge he has never played as a back man however so perhaps the match committee know the answer to that question already.

And imagine the melts on here if he had a goal kicked on him, that would be priceless.

Played briefly (I believe) it was last year. A much more natural forward than defender.

And no thanks on BHill

B.Hill will be a great get by us. He's not the toughest player but the way he works into space, creates his team mates space and delivers inside 50 is what we need. He'll be a great replacement for D.Pearce. If we rely on him to be our tackling machine or inside player then that's the team structures not working. As an outside class player he'd do very well in Subi.

I think we need to accept we're getting Hill.

I'd rather just straight swap Barlow for one of GC 2nd rounders and use the pick on a WA kid.

BUT this brings Barlow into play more so.

I hope the club realises we aren't the kicking team of Hawthorn and he won't be half the player playing for us. He can't win his own ball and his the softest player in the league. He will be dead weight and the fan's new whipping boy. Rebuilding a club around BHill, surely not, please wait till next year at least.

B.Hill will be a great get by us. He's not the toughest player but the way he works into space, creates his team mates space and delivers inside 50 is what we need. He'll be a great replacement for D.Pearce. If we rely on him to be our tackling machine or inside player then that's the team structures not working. As an outside class player he'd do very well in Subi.

Not sure you've seen the way we play? we're a defensive team first and he'll be a liability.

DP is twice the player of BHill and MCG suits outside/wing players more than Subi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back