McCarthy
Barlow

+

We still hold all 2017 picks.

That would all mean we probably trade or lose the following:
Mayne + trade compo pick
Ballas
Suban

Keep in mind that Gold Coast have five second round picks, two first rounders, their third and whatever they get for Prestia to draft with prior to using our fourth round selection.

I think they would need to delist another five guys to get to it at all.

Suns will be after 2017 picks. They have too many 2016 picks, they can only keep the same number of picks as they have places on their list.

So besides 2016 first rounders they will want 2017 picks.

Not liking downgrading our Pick 3.

What are you thoughts on who we would take at pick 6?

I think SPS is going to slip, and Marshall will be available.

In that scenario everyone gives up something significant, but gets largely what they want...

I'm sorry I just don't see what B Hill gives us that we don't already have. To other teams he may be worth a good pick but not to us. IMHO he will be fighting for one of 4 spots with S Hill, D Pearce, Bennell, Weller, Crozier and Balic. To be honest I would rather take my four from what we have than pay anything other than change for B Hill. And By change I mean anything other than a C Pearce/MdB type or a pick after 30.

What would people be willing to give up for Hogan if he decides to come back this year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry I just don't see what B Hill gives us that we don't already have. To other teams he may be worth a good pick but not to us. IMHO he will be fighting for one of 4 spots with S Hill, D Pearce, Bennell, Weller, Crozier and Balic. To be honest I would rather take my four from what we have than pay anything other than change for B Hill. And By change I mean anything other than a C Pearce/MdB type or a pick after 30.
You could probably add Sheridan to that list that can play outside too.

I don't want to be subsidizing the Hawks deal. GC will want two first round picks for O'Meara - let the Hawks bleed for them.

The Hawks need to clear $350,000 from next year and pick up draft picks, we aren't under any obligation to make that easy on both counts.

They need to move Hill on, I can wait until the last day to trade him for our 4th when they realise they have a salary cap breach coming if they don't.

I think SPS is going to slip, and Marshall will be available.

In that scenario everyone gives up something significant, but gets largely what they want...
The clubs do usually have a good idea who each other are going to take inside the top 10. If Freo are very confident the player/s they wand will be there a few picks later it's an option.

I'd swap him for pierce in a heartbeat

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Kicking skills, speed - our biggest deficiencies

Everyone, this is the AFL we're talking about here, be a bit more realistic.

Brisbane gain Pick No. 1 as priority, taking McCluggage and SPS.
Fremantle gain 0 compensation for Mayne, Clarke, MDB.
Cam Mac goes to West Coast under order of the AFL -> GWS get a 4 top 10 picks as compensation, as well as an apologetic letter from Fremantle.
Freo trade their round 1 draft pick and Fyfe for Vickery.
Vickery retires.
Well make it out of the draft like bandits.

In all seriousness, unless a mega deal involving Hogan presents itself, Freo should prioritise keeping Pick 3, then cross our fingers Brisbane don't get a priority pick before our first because then we can say goodbye to SPS. Ideal scenario; we use Pick 3 on SPS, I really rate him. If he's gone, along with Brodie and McCluggage, we draft McGrath or Ainsworth.

McCarthy: Our third round pick really should suffice GWS, he's been out of the game for a year and his form heading towards the end of 2015 was very patchy, I really implore those on here to keep the hype on Macca 2.0 minimal, until we see his full potential in action. This should be one of the first deals done.

B. Hill: Make a deal with Hawthorn that favours us or make no deal at all. We don't need to give up too much for B. Hill as he's not a required player as of yet. If we get a 2nd round compo for Mayne, then don't go trigger happy and use it for B. Hill unless we get more out of it. If not, we take that pick (around 21 or 22) to the draft and get another young gun with Rotham/Bolton/Logue/Battle. Put it into context, remembering we drafted Tucker at pick 27 last year, and Balic at 38, would you trade either for a straight swap for B. Hill? I wouldn't, ever, and this years pick is higher than the pick we got for Tucker and Balic. Keeping a 2nd round pick is crucial to our youth development.

Last edited:
Barlow and pick 3 to Gold Coast.
Hill and GC Pick 6 to Freo.

OMeara to Hawthorn.
Hawks first to GC

That is best trade I have seen.

If GC are interested in Barlow then I can see it being a fair deal.

Not liking downgrading our Pick 3.

What are you thoughts on who we would take at pick 6?

English or SPS will be available at 6, so the downgrade does not bother me.

Everyone, this is the AFL we're talking about here, be a bit more realistic.

Brisbane gain Pick No. 1 as priority, taking McCluggage and SPS.
Fremantle gain 0 compensation for Mayne, Clarke, MDB.
Cam Mac goes to West Coast under order of the AFL -> GWS get a 4 top 10 picks as compensation, as well as an apologetic letter from Fremantle.
Freo trade their round 1 draft pick and Fyfe for Vickery.
Vickery retires.

Well make it out of the draft like bandits.

That is one bad horror movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back