List Mgmt. 2016 Draft, Trading and Free Agency Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can. He's not getting the leadership recognition at Freo that I think he wants. I can also see him being tempted away with the promise of fasttracked success.
With stevie j in the leadership group and if he retires that small foreard leader would be up for grabs

How the giants work is they always have an experienced player in the leadership group in each line. Almost on field coaches.

So this year was Johnson, Griffin and Shaw

Nkt sure if true but if they were it would be to fill the stevie J hole

Leadership is player voted, would mean that the players don't rate him (off season 2015) he would probably be included next season just by seeing his on-field demeanor this year gave good direction especially to Yarran onfield. He is contracted until end of 2018 season so this all seems just a story.
I reckon the other players haven't had him in the leadership group so far in his career due to his ducking. He's stopped doing that now, though.

It would be hard for GWS to pick up a star like Walters given they have to reduce their salary cap by 600k next year. they just re-signed Coniglio, which would have been a pretty big pay rise. Even if they did trade Lobb and McCarthy.

So has anybody worked out what Mick Warner was referring to on the SuperFooty Podcast? Said something big was going to happen; someone from WA is heading to the Tigers.

It would be hard for GWS to pick up a star like Walters given they have to reduce their salary cap by 600k next year. they just re-signed Coniglio, which would have been a pretty big pay rise. Even if they did trade Lobb and McCarthy.
Yes i think you are correct here
That is a load of bollocks.

Extension could actually free up cash, by adding years a back ending, they could actually be making space.

So has anybody worked out what Mick Warner was referring to on the SuperFooty Podcast? Said something big was going to happen; someone from WA is heading to the Tigers.

MacKenzie maybe (would make a lot of sense for both)?

Eagles board was going on about something to do with the Tigers yesterday, don't think they had any more info about anything other than 'something something Richmond WA' though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol at trading Walters. The only forward on our list capable of kicking multiple goals on a regular basis.... yeah let's trade him. Classic Freo :rolleyes:

I don't agree that we have a terrible record of letting great players go , well no worse than anyone else. Bringing duds in is another story of course .
Walters is our second best player and it makes me sick to say it but if winning a flag is the aim then 2 or 3 years of pain is required to get the talent on the list and fill all the holes we have so when we come we come in a hurry with enough guns to win it

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I still stand by what i said 2 months back that langdon is leaving. The source is very very close to him.....im just surprised the media/journalist havent mentioned it yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back