List Mgmt. 2016 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Two top ten picks for a mid to late first rounder?

I'd be looking for at least a few steak knives as well before I'd consider it.

To be honest I was thinking it would be a relatively early pick. I was thinking pick 5-6, such will be our downfall next year (imo ofcourse). Much better than offering this years pick 11.

If any of you guys are watching the Crows/Eagles game geez the Eagles defender Tom Barass is an impressive player.

If something needs to be done with them he should be in discussions.

Mentioned on the Eagles board that if we chased Lobb GWS would want Barrass.

Not many were happy to lose him he is really coming along.

Barrass has pushed MacKenzie out of the side with great form.

Snap, I'm afraid Lobb is contracted and required next year. Barass a real prospect starting to deliver but we have Himmelburg and have to plan in fitting in Davis, Haynes, and Corr at least as tall backs.

Lobb is really coming on as well. None of us will be happy to lose him if that's the way it happens. You want something? You give something in return. Remember Chris Judd?

Lobb is really coming on as well. None of us will be happy to lose him if that's the way it happens. You want something? You give something in return. Remember Chris Judd?
Agreed. You don't get quality without giving up something valuable.......except in very rare circumstances like Tippet.

I think Lobb will be at GWS next year and Barrass will still be at the Eagles.

GWS will be big pkayers in trade week for years to come. So much young talent on the list, multiple early picks each year, NSW academy starting to produce top end talent and salary cap pressure building.

I'd love to be the GWS list manager.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hiya. Seeing Where Jake Barrett is at. Going to be traded or delisted etc. Cheers.
No official whispers that I've heard, but doesn't yet have a contract for next year. I'd think either (1) he wants to go elsewhere for better opportunity (and who could blame him) or (2) GWS are waiting to see how many other players leave after finals.

If Jake chooses to leave, GWS will aim to get him to another club - as with Miles, Townsend & Whiley for relatively little cost to the gaining club. Could see a pick over 70.

Personally, I'd like to see him stay on the list as a NSW-born player and solid but inexpensive backup option - we need to be cognisant of the TPP cap & can't just have guns on the list. But mixture of higher potential new academy kids & his own desire to get a first grade spot are probably the bigger drivers.

OK, Ian W don't read this post ...

This is why I'm not convinced that Tommo wants to be traded at the end of this year. There are no promises in here, but he is contracted for another year and everything he says indicates a bond with his teammates:

Like many of his young teammates, Tomlinson has put up with the pain of the club's lean early years as an original Giant, which he said makes next week's clash with the Swans even more memorable. "It's something pretty special being part of a finals series, especially having been part of the club since it started," he said. "It's the reason why a lot of us have re-signed over the last couple of years. "I've played footy with Devon (Smith), Jonny Patton and Dylan Shiel since I was 11 years old, with Toby Greene since I was 15 or 16, and I've know 'Haynesy' (Nick Haynes) since I was born pretty much, so it's something pretty special. "The amount of trust we have in each other, we've been through a lot together in our first few years but you never forget it, so you look back now and know it was worth it. "I was so excited and worked up on adrenalin walking out last Saturday night against North Melbourne, and I can just imagine the Swans at ANZ Stadium will be even better, and I can't wait."

Full story at http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-04/versatile-giant-adam-tomlinson-making-it-count-down-back

OK, Ian W don't read this post ...

This is why I'm not convinced that Tommo wants to be traded at the end of this year. There are no promises in here, but he is contracted for another year and everything he says indicates a bond with his teammates:

Full story at http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-09-04/versatile-giant-adam-tomlinson-making-it-count-down-back

I think Tommo has liked being back in the firsts, given it his best and will be playing finals. He's happy with his mates so he's in a better frame of mind.

Has Thommo ever given any indication ever, at any time that he wants out.

I've heard rumour after rumour, usually from somebody's next door neighbour's brother's cousin's hairdresser that he wants to leave - but has he himself EVER given even the slightest smidgeon of a hint that he wants out?

I would say NO, he hasn't.

Anything anyone can point to.

Anything....

Anything.....

Speak of the devil

TALENTED defender Adam Tomlinson has ended speculation he would join teammate Caleb Marchbank in the GWS departure lounge by committing his future to the Giants.

“I’m definitely staying here,” Tomlinson told The Daily Telegraph.

“The club has shown a lot of faith in me by keeping me here last year. I had a rocky start to the year but it’s worked out.”
http://www.news.com.au/sport/afl/gw...s/news-story/f323fdd659d88fee421c2906fe97bca0

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back