List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

It's okay, good even, until we're carrying more than about 2-3 injuries... or in a few positions, a single one (I'm looking at you Briggs/Green/Hogan)!
If Cadman improves as expected, Riccardi maintains his form we are still a reasonable forward line without Hogan, but clearly better with him in it.
Greene/Hogan kicked more goals between them in 2024 than 2023, clearly the best forward duo in the AFL at the moment.

A bit depends on how they view Rowston and Leake too.
I think they love them dont they?

The one who excites me is McMullen, I think he is going to be a ripper. He is so clean and makes good aggressive options look easy. Plus he is pretty dynamic. In my outragous takes I had him being a future AA player.

I think they love them dont they?

The one who excites me is McMullen, I think he is going to be a ripper. He is so clean and makes good aggressive options look easy. Plus he is pretty dynamic. In my outragous takes I had him being a future AA player.
He could be… he is still carrying a bit of puppy fat imo… he is a very powerful kid though.

Hypothetical if all of the mentioned end up leaving:
Idun Taylor Whitfield
Ash Buckley Fonti
Callaghan Cogs Kelly
Greene Cadman Ricca
Jones Hogan Daniels
Briggs Green Snooze

Ward HH Muff Brown/Rowston/Leake etc

We would probably take an extra first round and a few extra second and third rounders to the draft.

Big draft if we don’t recruit any mature players.

Caruso et al. have done a superb job with our draft hands since they took over… they will be licking their lips.

Where do the opportunities lie if we are looking to trade up?
Great looking side.
I suspect Callaghan will be a full time inside mid. Daniels and Jones pushing up to the wing with Gothard hopefully coming along too.
Ward also to the wing if he gets a game.
Pretty exciting list.

Hey fellas and ladies.

Just looking for a bit of insight into the Giants draft plans this year. Would there be any appetite to swap a couple of your mid/later picks for our F2 or is the plan to maintain a strong presence this year?

Hey fellas and ladies.

Just looking for a bit of insight into the Giants draft plans this year. Would there be any appetite to swap a couple of your mid/later picks for our F2 or is the plan to maintain a strong presence this year?
Depends what we end up with I guess.
If we lose all those guys and end up with 5 or 6 in that second round range I guess we will look to trade up or into next year.

Hey fellas and ladies.

The only thing I'd add to the previous answer is that we do have an academy kid, Logan Smith, that we're likely to look to pick up. He's somewhere in that mid-30s to 50s range (really hard to judge this year), so we'll likely aim to hold a couple of later picks to cover paying for him.

Things I’d like to see in 2025:
  • Aleer tried as the third/ intercepting defender which would move HH into a wing role. I still question Harry’s ability as a pure defender but he is a good kick and mark around the ground which is important with Cumming now leaving. It could be a great move for Leek too so long as Taylor and Buckley are playing as lockdown defenders.
  • Ash tried in the midfield. I think his explosiveness and general running strengths could add a point of difference in an otherwise sameish midfield. Fonti to therefore take Ash’s backline spot after some solid showings this year.
  • Cadman playing more minutes up the ground as a ruck chop out. Assume he’ll put on a bit more size and improve his tank with another off season. This reduces the need to play someone like Keeffe in the forward line who can’t kick goals.
  • Callum Brown back in the side. Another x-factor player who started this year so well. He can kick goals from long range and has incredible athleticism and speed. Such a weapon when his confidence is up.
What have I missed?

• Aleer tried as the third/ intercepting defender which would move HH into a wing role. I still question Harry’s ability as a pure defender but he is a good kick and mark around the ground which is important with Cumming now leaving. It could be a great move for Leek too so long as Taylor and Buckley are playing as lockdown defenders.
  • Ash tried in the midfield. I think his explosiveness and general running strengths could add a point of difference in an otherwise sameish midfield. Fonti to therefore take Ash’s backline spot after some solid showings this year.
  • Cadman playing more minutes up the ground as a ruck chop out. Assume he’ll put on a bit more size and improve his tank with another off season. This reduces the need to play someone like Keeffe in the forward line who can’t kick goals.
  • Callum Brown back in the side. Another x-factor player who started this year so well. He can kick goals from long range and has incredible athleticism and speed. Such a weapon when his confidence is up.
What have I missed?
Reckon I agree with everything said here. One thing I'd like is to get someone new into Ward's wing spot. I know he's had a great year after moving there but I think he'll be best used in the sub role and it'd be better to get someone like McMullin or Jones up onto the wing in his place.

Depends what we end up with I guess.
If we lose all those guys and end up with 5 or 6 in that second round range I guess we will look to trade up or into next year.
The only thing I'd add to the previous answer is that we do have an academy kid, Logan Smith, that we're likely to look to pick up. He's somewhere in that mid-30s to 50s range (really hard to judge this year), so we'll likely aim to hold a couple of later picks to cover paying for him.
Thanks fellas, very reasonable responses as always. Smith is definitely the second best ruck in the cohort after Dodson, I really rate him. I guess with a couple of picks in the early 20s and 30s probably coming in you need to find a balance with a few high picks and late picks to match.

Congrats on the season, a couple of brutal losses that could easily have gone the other way and you guys be playing tomorrow. Hope the squad stays fit over summer.

Thanks fellas, very reasonable responses as always. Smith is definitely the second best ruck in the cohort after Dodson, I really rate him. I guess with a couple of picks in the early 20s and 30s probably coming in you need to find a balance with a few high picks and late picks to match.

Congrats on the season, a couple of brutal losses that could easily have gone the other way and you guys be playing tomorrow. Hope the squad stays fit over summer.
Yes, a few picks in the 20s/30s/40s this year is a decent opportunity for Caruso and his team to identify talent outside the first round, which should help balance our list out.

Thanks, and good luck with the rebuild.

What have I missed?
Keefe was only playing instead of Riccardi.
If Himmelberg isn't in the backline, I would like to see him be back up ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, a few picks in the 20s/30s/40s this year is a decent opportunity for Caruso and his team to identify talent outside the first round, which should help balance our list out.

Thanks, and good luck with the rebuild.
Only problem is those 2nd rounders get 2 year deals, mightn't play much. Then they get offers to leave , with Melbourne clubs offering up a 3rd round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 GWS Giants List Management - Academy, Free Agent, Trade & Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back