List Mgmt. 2016 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Stein is catergory B. Doesn't affect the main rookie numbers
Yes, I know that. And Sproule & Fisher can be deemed category B rookies also (see the discussion earlier in this thread or the academy thread from Dlanod.) That factor is basically irrelevant, it's essentially the total numbers (and the associated salaries) and particular players that GWS wants to have on its full list.

I wonder who that could be...

Sean Hurley (delisted)
Tanner Smith (delisted)
Anthony Morabito (delisted)
Tendai Mzungu (delisted)
Clancee Pearce (delisted)
Jack Hannath (delisted)
Brady Grey (delisted)
Josh Deluca (delisted)
Alex Silvagni (delisted)

Silvagni or Mzungu would be my guess

Sean Hurley (delisted)
Tanner Smith (delisted)
Tendai Mzungu (delisted)
Jack Hannath (delisted)
Brady Grey (delisted)
Josh Deluca (delisted)
Alex Silvagni (delisted)

If another mid I'd reckon Clancee Pearce could be a nice fit for you.

Sean Hurley (delisted)
Tanner Smith (delisted)
Tendai Mzungu (delisted)
Jack Hannath (delisted)
Brady Grey (delisted)
Josh Deluca (delisted)
Alex Silvagni (delisted)

Silvagni or Mzungu would be my guess[/QUOTE]
Agree there the most likely ones but personally wouldn't mind us taken a punt on Morabito with a rookie spot

If another mid I'd reckon Clancee Pearce could be a nice fit for you.
Year Im not really sold on Clancee....a bit to much in the WTF category for me. Ive always like Mzungu, hes nothing special though, my money would be on Silgvani, but would have preferred on the academy boys.

:) I get professional sport is a cold hard business but it's going to be a special day for me when Tiziani or Cumming from my home town run out at Spotless wearing Giants colours. To me they make a link that's been missing since I've been an Aussie rules fan and I'll feel at home with the Giants in a totally lifelong committed sort of way.

Sean Hurley (delisted) he's gone back home to Ireland I believe
Tanner Smith (delisted) worth a shot
Anthony Morabito (delisted) body is shot
Tendai Mzungu (delisted) Upgrade on Reid at best
Clancee Pearce (delisted) Potato
Jack Hannath (delisted) potato
Brady Grey (delisted) potato
Josh Deluca (delisted) potato
Alex Silvagni (delisted) OK but prefer macreadie

Watch a replay of the De Boer drafting, Leon actually calls for it!

I personally am not unhappy with any of the List Management calls thus far. Time will tell but they had to get the priorities in which they managed.

I watched it and I still don't believe it.

As a club you don't look at the giants and say, gee they lack midfield depth..

[ a="Determinant, post: 47942669, member: 127695"]I watched it and I still don't believe it.

As a club you don't look at the giants and say, gee they lack midfield depth..[/QUOTE]

I agree, i think they just really rate him as a person. Apparently has a great work ethic.

Still...rookie was the go.

Like most surprised by the MDB pick up especially with the Palmer trade, although depends on how many games Palmer gets at Carlton and also the conversation with MDB regarding his role although being on the main list to indicates game time in the firsts is on the cards, and he will add knowledge to the younger players from his experience. Having him on the list also spreads the age spread on the list and he will be handy depth although hopefully not required.
As he was picked up in the main draft will he be on a 1 or 2 year contract?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the draftees what do people see as initial roles and spread of game time for the year?
MDB NEAFL inside mid?
Tiziani NEAFL medium forward
Cumming NEAFL Halfback/wing
Perryman NEAFL Halfback/wing possible for AFL, could be play in the absence of Whitfield?
Setterfield NEAFL Mid, is he versatile enough to play halfback/forward?
Taranto NEAFL but would like to see him in seniors for a run of games

Interesting that no KP players were picked up in the main draft which gives an indication that the club is happy with the options they have and should give the players confidence leading into the season

Sean Hurley (delisted)
Tanner Smith (delisted)
Tendai Mzungu (delisted)
Jack Hannath (delisted)
Brady Grey (delisted)
Josh Deluca (delisted)
Alex Silvagni (delisted)

FWIW I actually had a look through the draft nomination list on the draft tracker. Mzungu and Hurley are not on there. All other dockers delistees are. My guess would be Silvagni.

Can here to see if there was stronger mail over here. Looks like nothing but a rumour ATM. FWIW Gossage isn't always the best source in the world. Could be a load of rubbish.

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

I watched it and I still don't believe it.

As a club you don't look at the giants and say, gee they lack midfield depth..
Actually you do when you look closely.Outside of our best 22 (not including our first year players)our only depth player in the mids is Kennedy.What happens if we get a few injuries to mids come finals time?

We are the premiership favourites not a developing team anymore.We don't need to take 6 kids at the draft anymore.Just because we missed out on academy players so what.

If players aren't best 22 at clubs and they know it they leave.Jesus ...Steele had been the team mascot and he left for opportunity.Just because their academy players it won't necessarily help retention.

We don't want to rely on first year players like Setterfield or Taranto.Deboer on minimum wage makes sense.Especially having lost mids like Steele Palmer and Barrett

Ignore the fact Deboer wasn't played in Freos team.When teams are having a shocking year experienced role players always get overlooked for youngsters.Prior to last year Ross Lyon had about the best win/loss record in the league..A player who has come through his system is a positive in my eyes.Personally I hope we get Silvagni as well on minimum wage.Did a job on Buddy last year if I remember correctly

On the draftees what do people see as initial roles and spread of game time for the year?
MDB NEAFL inside mid?
Tiziani NEAFL medium forward
Cumming NEAFL Halfback/wing
Perryman NEAFL Halfback/wing possible for AFL, could be play in the absence of Whitfield?
Setterfield NEAFL Mid, is he versatile enough to play halfback/forward?
Taranto NEAFL but would like to see him in seniors for a run of games

Interesting that no KP players were picked up in the main draft which gives an indication that the club is happy with the options they have and should give the players confidence leading into the season

I was just catching up on the 3AW draft podcast, and just prior to the Giants formalising Taranto as their no. 1 pick, they were talking him up big time.

He was likened to a Bartel type, similar height, ability to win his own footy, very good at ground level with strength and balance, can lay a tackle, good around the goals and for his height, probably the best mark in the draft.

Actually you do when you look closely.Outside of our best 22 (not including our first year players)our only depth player in the mids is Kennedy.What happens if we get a few injuries to mids come finals time?

We are the premiership favourites not a developing team anymore.We don't need to take 6 kids at the draft anymore.Just because we missed out on academy players so what.

If players aren't best 22 at clubs and they know it they leave.Jesus ...Steele had been the team mascot and he left for opportunity.Just because their academy players it won't necessarily help retention.

We don't want to rely on first year players like Setterfield or Taranto.Deboer on minimum wage makes sense.Especially having lost mids like Steele Palmer and Barrett

Ignore the fact Deboer wasn't played in Freos team.When teams are having a shocking year experienced role players always get overlooked for youngsters.Prior to last year Ross Lyon had about the best win/loss record in the league..A player who has come through his system is a positive in my eyes.Personally I hope we get Silvagni as well on minimum wage.Did a job on Buddy last year if I remember correctly
Agree with everything but with Whitfield suspended I have moved Kennedy into the 22 leaving midfield depth at zero

There is also Hopper, Toby is a natural mid playing fwd to get a game, Deledio might be good enough to sneak a game or two off one of last years regular mids also ;) . Zach can also come into the midfield giving A Ken a better go down back.
I hear what you are saying, but gee we'd have to be hammered with injuries..
His (MDB's) only asset is his pressure on the ball carrier, something Lyons gets erect over, yet wouldn't play him, he's one of ours now so I am trying very hard not to bag him, but seriously if he becomes the difference between us winning or losing a game let alone a flag I'll be somewhat stunned.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 List Management: Contracts, Trading, Drafting, Academy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back