List Mgmt. 2016 List Management thread - 2017 list complete

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you can pretty safely implement a rule that if an AFL listed player is playing Dev League he's not going to make it.
Unless they're coming back from injury or require limited game time, I agree. Getting dropped back to development, and replaced by a bloke from suburban league isn't a great sign

Unless they're coming back from injury or require limited game time, I agree. Getting dropped back to development, and replaced by a bloke from suburban league isn't a great sign
I think Max will get delisted. Will be interesting to see if the Dees invite any Casey players down for Pre Season Tim?

Have actually seen somebody on the tiggers board say they would prefer to take Terlich over Grimes with a late pick......

I think Max will get delisted. Will be interesting to see if the Dees invite any Casey players down for Pre Season Tim?
A couple normally do. Haven't heard of anyone yet

I'm a Matt Jones fan but I can understand the delisting of him, I think he battles hard and he was unfairly ripped on over other players. However he is very limited in what he can do and considering Dunn Garland Grimes etc weren't given game time because of the youngsters it's understandable they have others in mind to play the role

I'm a Matt Jones fan but I can understand the delisting of him, I think he battles hard and he was unfairly ripped on over other players. However he is very limited in what he can do and considering Dunn Garland Grimes etc weren't given game time because of the youngsters it's understandable they have others in mind to play the role

As soon as the club set its sights on Hibberd and Hunt emerged this year he was gone. Hibberd and Milkshake mean we can play Hunt/Salem/Stretch through the wings and that makes M Jones irrelevant.

I think it was his 'on the cusp of selection' thing that made me so down on him. Older player who had reached level, but was good enough and of a type that selectors are always going to be tempted. The dropping of the older players was harsh and could possibly have cost a close game or two (though not necessarily - pure guess) but essentially I think giving games to some less developed kids who if given opportunities might turn out to be the future was a good idea really. Just bewildering to watch on occasion.

No hard feelings Matty J. Go forth to shine in the State comps. Or Brisbane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good decision, none have made any real impact. I thought Ben was alright last year and perhaps slightly unlucky not to get 1 more. He's only 23

Bit of a shame. Thought he looked a decent prospect in his first few outings for us.

Would be more than happy to put Newton on the rookie list in the hope he rebounds like Jetta did when he was demoted.

I reckon he has a point of difference with his ability to kick goals from the midfield.
He looked great at the start of the season and then just fell off completely. Super quick and could squeeze off shots at goal with no space under pressure. Surely rookie listed unless they feel that form drop is an ongoing trajectory.

He looked great at the start of the season and then just fell off completely. Super quick and could squeeze off shots at goal with no space under pressure. Surely rookie listed unless they feel that form drop is an ongoing trajectory.
Just saw this and realised that I'd mistaken Ben Newton for Ben Kennedy and hence my confusion.
Disregard. Apologies.

Has Dawes officially been delisted? Haven't seen anything. If there are any signatures required from him, could take some time unfortunately.

Actually starting to wonder if we should re rookie dawes
If Tmac and Omac go down we can't have a Backline of Hibberd Garland and Frost if we wanna win games
Pedo can go back to play on a Walker/Hawkins type but then we need another work horse forward to help Hogan .. either that or we think Hulett can play next year

Actually starting to wonder if we should re rookie dawes
If Tmac and Omac go down we can't have a Backline of Hibberd Garland and Frost if we wanna win games
Pedo can go back to play on a Walker/Hawkins type but then we need another work horse forward to help Hogan .. either that or we think Hulett can play next year

Fair question; I feel like sometimes its hard to debate the value of Dawes because he's a real whipping boy on here.

Having said that, I really think Dawes' time is up. For two years now he has always been the 'he can help Hogan out' option - but I'm really yet to see it work out that way in a game. He can take a defender but that's pretty much it - and with the way footy is played these days, that defender can pretty smartly zone off on him to protect space around Hogan/be third man up. Watts essentially these days can take the defender, and is much more damaging offensively.

I think the plan next year if we have encounter doomsday defender scenario is - Garland and/or Pedersen back (as you say), and then we'd either play Weid as a forward or go with smaller forward line of

Kennedy | Watts | XX
Garlett | Hogan | Kent

XX = rotating mid - Truck, Bernie, Bray etc

All that assumes we know ahead of time that TMac/OMac etc are unavailable. If it happens during a game I'd say we're stuffed, but that would happen to most teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back