Mega Thread 2016 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Barlow is on AFL 360 tomorrow night.

He's getting in early by advertising himself. He'll find a club, but still see a place for him as our inside mid.

I know we don't trade with the eagles, but he is exactly what they need. Surely a couple of other clubs need him to dish off to their kids. Really should play another couple of years with us, but I can understand why we would seek a trade for him.

If we can jag a pick in the 30's for him that would be pretty decent.

If Barlow does indeed leave for a Melbourne club I can see him becoming quite popular very quickly. Could be on these shows often.

The boys on 6pr got a bit out of Rossy than they normally do. A good listen on where we are at

Lyon on Dawson: "If he could kick better and dispose better it would be a non-issue" hahahahaha :D

The boys on 6pr got a bit out of Rossy than they normally do. A good listen on where we are at

Lyon on Dawson: "If he could kick better and dispose better it would be a non-issue" hahahahaha :D

Really informative interview. Ross "we need talls", please tell Brad Lloyd this time Ross seriously. Maybe SPS is not certain and the English rumours might have a bit of weight to them.

The Blakely part of that interview was very interesting, it is exactly what i suspected was the problem, he was sent to Treloar/Pendlebury and Touk Miller as examples but the message wasn't getting through to him and thats why he was dropped. Ross spoke about how its not 40v40 possies that you want, having 20 and keeping them to 15 is ideal.

He was very cautious when talking about it as well trying to deflect the issue onto his disposal so obviously he was detecting Blakely from likely criticism he would have copped in the papers if he had mentioned it was his defensive game/effort that was the real problem. Also mentioned that it was unfair on him that a second year attention was copping it so much (how we really missed him on sunday etc) and it would be unheard of in the eastern states thanks to there being more teams.

Ross spoke about how its not 40v40 possies that you want, having 20 and keeping them to 15 is ideal.

And around the discussion of that point at 12:37, it cracks me up how he is double teamed by Hagdorn trying to ask a question (who he ignores) while slipping an uppercut into Brad Hardie:-

RTB: "Otherwise just become a back pocket that runs off all day Brad and racks them up....."

Hardie: "that wins Brownlow, Simpsons and 2 Tassies.

RTB: (chuckles in the background)

It takes Hardie 5 minutes to cool off and get up from the canvas but when he re-enters the foray later to ask a question about Fyfe, RTB gives him a rib tickler on the way out with 'as you would say, he's won a Brownlow....he can't win the Simpson anymore..."

Just beautiful radio!

Last edited:
And around the discussion of that point at 12:37, it cracks me up how he is double teamed by Hagdorn trying to ask a question (who he ignores) while slipping an uppercut into Brad Hardie:-

RTB: "Otherwise just become a back pocket that runs off all day Brad and racks them up....."

Hardie: "that wins Brownlow, Simpsons and 2 Tassies.

RTB: (chuckles in the background)

It takes Hardie 5 minutes to cool off and get up from the canvas but when he re-enters the foray later to ask a question about Fyfe, RTB gives him a rib tickler on the way out with 'as you would say, he's won a Brownlow....he can't win the Simpson anymore..."

Just beautiful radio!

Really enjoyable, he does these style of interviews with eastern states radio no problems just appears to be very wary about the local media - I wonder why:rolleyes:

Ross spoke about how its not 40v40 possies that you want, having 20 and keeping them to 15 is ideal.

I get his point, but he was also one of the coaches that allowed the Fyfe V Dangerfield match-up that everyone raved about.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barlow looked the most devastated I have ever seen him. Hopefully he's in a good head space and someone wants him next year. Nothing would please me more than to see Barlow play another a couple years of quality AFL footy.

Saw this on the afl website lol

ciSwd38.png

Saw this on the afl website lol

ciSwd38.png

What an insult.
It has always Been appearance ahead of substance with the AFL. They want to project an image of inclusion and embracing of every fluffy feel good cause that comes along with their stupid theme rounds and fail badly at getting fundamentals right.
Can any football fan honestly say they have confidence and respect for the administrators of our National game.
It is the opposite. They are held up to ridicule and are an embarrassment to themselves.
Multi billion $ sporting body run as amateurs.

No media presence at all this morning. Obviously its the Nicnat show this week. Our all Aust ruck man returning after a serious injury is not news worthy.
Thats not quite true...They mentioned Sandi coming back....Then proceeded to show us for 3 nights running how Nic Nat injured him in the first place ;)!!

Anyone catch the Fyfe interview on 7 tonight? I missed it

Yes . It was awful and Nat assisted C7 in skewing the story towards his intention to use FA to absolutely squeeze the maximum amount out of the club.
It was heavily slanted towards his self worth and really, it was disturbing.
It has left me with the impression that the scuttlebutt we hear from time to time about disharmony between the players and Nat, may have some basis in fact.

It is quite possible that Nat believes the future of the club revolves around him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back