2016 NFL Div 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly a long time between drinks for West. To their credit, having played against them over many years, I always found they had a crack and you knew you'd played a game of footy afterwards.
Good on them for roughing it out, could have been easy to simply fold or go play D4 ammos. hopefully something clicks and they can turn upwards in the near future.

Willits and Shephard to epping im hearing?
Banyule tigers not done recruiting just yet
Morang very quiet compared to last year

Guy I work with played his juniors at Kilmore.... His brother went down for a look and said it was the worst side he's ever seen train.... And it had put him off playing there

Could be another long year at Kilmore sorry to say

Obviously a front runner not prepared to knuckle down. Kilmore obviously need a few guys like the ones you refer to .... if it's the worst he's seen what better challenge than to use his nous and football idea's to help improve the poor lads he's rubbishing - as for ex juniors taking pot shots from afar pretty disappointing for those "non Local's" trying their best to help.

Obviously a front runner not prepared to knuckle down. Kilmore obviously need a few guys like the ones you refer to .... if it's the worst he's seen what better challenge than to use his nous and football idea's to help improve the poor lads he's rubbishing - as for ex juniors taking pot shots from afar pretty disappointing for those "non Local's" trying their best to help.

That's kids these days I suppose

Easier to go to a club doing well than a battler.... Seen it happen more than a couple times now

If every single person had that attitude then these clubs would never get off the canvas

Point being both these guys were Kilmore juniors that were considering going back... Could have a dragged a few with them too

Easier to go to a club doing well than a battler.... Seen it happen more than a couple times now

If every single person had that attitude then these clubs would never get off the canvas

Point being both these guys were Kilmore juniors that were considering going back... Could have a dragged a few with them too

Point being obviously weak in character if that's their reasoning .... why not say "stuff this I'm going home to help my junior club and taking a few with me"

Not just young blokes these days, everyone wants their bums patted but none want to stand up and be leaders and help change/improve joints

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Point being obviously weak in character if that's their reasoning .... why not say "stuff this I'm going home to help my junior club and taking a few with me"

Not just young blokes these days, everyone wants their bums patted but none want to stand up and be leaders and help change/improve joints
good on you doona for saying that they all want there hand held

Clubs like Kilmore and west Heidelberg and even St Mary's who have not seen much success over the past few season need as much support and help as possible not kicks in the knackers when by blokes not prepared to do the hard yards. These clubs survive on friendships and community spirit not $ and mercenaries

Clubs like Kilmore and west Heidelberg and even St Mary's who have not seen much success over the past few season need as much support and help as possible not kicks in the knackers when by blokes not prepared to do the hard yards. These clubs survive on friendships and community spirit not $ and mercenaries
Great to see the posts in support of the KFNC. Very disappointing to see someone bag a fledgling club to the league. KFNC are under no illusions that it is commencing a re-build and that a lot of hard work needs to be done to to achieve success. There has already been a large group of former players return to the club and it is heartening to see that this committed group is willing to put their hand up and help the club out, rather than standing back and taking pot shots from afar.

Great to see the posts in support of the KFNC. Very disappointing to see someone bag a fledgling club to the league. KFNC are under no illusions that it is commencing a re-build and that a lot of hard work needs to be done to to achieve success. There has already been a large group of former players return to the club and it is heartening to see that this committed group is willing to put their hand up and help the club out, rather than standing back and taking pot shots from afar.

good on you doona for saying that they all want there hand held

You guys don't know me sceamer, but on most other forums my identity is well known and I'll never take cheap shots from behind a keyboard I assure you.

I've had my go (and failed) in trying to help Kilmore, and for me this biggest wank of a term in footy is "club culture." Culture is player driven, do you get 40+ at training every night, do they do the right thing Friday night, do they support club functions in numbers, do they do the little extra things on a Sunday/Monday to give themselves every opportunity the following week to play at their maximum?

Sadly Kilmore's list is very young demographic wise, are screaming out for a few more mature/experienced leaders. They got some guys travelling up from the northern fringe who have been great role models, but for me it's the amount driving outa Kilmore each Satdy to play footy elsewhere who are having the biggest influence on the joint (in absence) ..... without probably even realising.

Last edited:
You guys don't know me sceamer, but on most other forums my identity is well known and I'll never take cheap shots from behind a keyboard I assure you.

I've had my go (and failed) in trying to help Kilmore, and for me this biggest wank of a term in footy is "club culture." Culture is player driven, do you get 40+ at training every night, do they do the right thing Friday night, do they support club functions in numbers, do they do the little extra things on a Sunday/Monday to give themselves every opportunity the following week to play at their maximum?

Sadly Kilmore's list is very young demographic wise, are screaming out for a few more mature/experienced leaders. They got some guys travelling up from the northern fringe who have been great role models, but for me it's the amount driving outa Kilmore each Satdy to play footy elsewhere who are having the biggest influence on the joint (in absence) ..... without probably even realising.

Doona while the blokes heading out of Kilmore each week might give some short term pain on the positive side it will give the young blokes who have stayed a chance to set a new winning culture and for new leaders to emerge that will hopefully take Kilmore a long way in the future

Doona while the blokes heading out of Kilmore each week might give some short term pain on the positive side it will give the young blokes who have stayed a chance to set a new winning culture and for new leaders to emerge that will hopefully take Kilmore a long way in the future

Can only hope hey :thumbsu: Says a lot about the one's sticking fat if you ask me. Sadly there's been a few willing to walk or make excuses to leave based on personality clashes with 2-3, which put's those ahead of the 45-50 team mates.

Local Football don't build character in blokes ... it reveals it I say ;)

Who are some of these blokes driving out of Kilmore to play their footy?

Bucks no chance lets start with 2Swindells,McCullough,Cornielle,Kinnear,Hede,Crowley,Rowe,Alum,Lawson,DeSousa,Sheldon and im sure you or doona could add a few others also.Now you may wanna be smart and say some of those listed no longer live in Kilmore but fact is all are ex kilmore locals.Personally I reckon Kilmores better off without a couple of those on list but hey thats only my view from afar.Thing that amazes me is some are reportedly on good $$$ at their current clubs which is a joke in itself as some have an inflated opinion on their ability and team importance.One things always for certain whereby stupid clubs offer average players good $$$$ average players(and blokes) will take the $$$with no concience.

Bucks no chance lets start with 2Swindells,McCullough,Cornielle,Kinnear,Hede,Crowley,Rowe,Alum,Lawson,DeSousa,Sheldon and im sure you or doona could add a few others also.Now you may wanna be smart and say some of those listed no longer live in Kilmore but fact is all are ex kilmore locals.Personally I reckon Kilmores better off without a couple of those on list but hey thats only my view from afar.Thing that amazes me is some are reportedly on good $$$ at their current clubs which is a joke in itself as some have an inflated opinion on their ability and team importance.One things always for certain whereby stupid clubs offer average players good $$$$ average players(and blokes) will take the $$$with no concience.

That's a fair list, I have heard that Crowley, Sheldon, McCullough, Hede are coming back? Also little rumour that one or 2 of those listed players will be back the following year?

Also who are the blokes you think Kilmore would be better off without!

How do you think Kilmore will go in Div 3?

That's a fair list, I have heard that Crowley, Sheldon, McCullough, Hede are coming back? Also little rumour that one or 2 of those listed players will be back the following year?

Also who are the blokes you think Kilmore would be better off without!

How do you think Kilmore will go in Div 3?
I reckon Kilmores better off without you for a start.They need strong and respected leaders of men and young blokes prepared to do the hard hard work not blokes that have been happy to take the pi$s out of their struggling misfortunes of recent times.
Kilmore may win a game or two but just to have a club fielding a team in each grade every week will be a win my book and hopefully something to build on in future years
Feel free to get your back up but you asked ive given and will leave it at that.Enjoy the serenity..

Heard a story about Banyule picking up another ex-Berger, none other than Danny Nolan? Any truth to this? I know it may be Jan but they must be approaching favouritism. Happy to be told I'm wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 NFL Div 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back