2016 NFL Division 2

Who will win the NFL Div 2 Flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hypothetically if they do fold what happens to div2? 7 team comp with byes or does a team like Epping come up?

Hypothetically I wouldn't mind this as a 'fair' outcome if Rezza did fold:

Round 1: Hurstbridge bye. Get the four premiership points, average winning score vs average losing score as a means of percentage. Div 3 round one carries on, but Mernda and Epping play for a spot in Division Two. No premiership points awarded for winner, it's practically a Grand Final replay in April, and it is a similar working to the Bundesliga relegation system. Rest of the season carries on unhinged. Winner receives average losing score as a result of Hurstbridge bye (Round 2 onwards listed in the record as Hurstbridge vs winner in Round 1) and whichever opponents were slated to play hypothetical winner from Round 2 onwards gets a bye.

Last edited:
Hypothetically I wouldn't mind this as a 'fair' outcome if Rezza did fold:

Round 1: Hurstbridge bye. Get the four premiership points, average winning score vs average losing score as a means of percentage. Div 3 round one carries on, but Mernda and Epping play for a spot in Division Two. No premiership points awarded for winner, it's practically a Grand Final replay in April, and it is a similar working to the Bundesliga relegation system. Rest of the season carries on unhinged. Winner receives average losing score as a result of Hurstbridge bye (Round 2 onwards listed in the record as Hurstbridge vs winner in Round 1) and whichever opponents were slated to play hypothetical winner from Round 2 onwards gets a bye.

Question is though would either team be willing to play in Div 2 knowing they would likely engage in a relegation battle or would both rather play for perhaps a premiership in Div 3? From our side of things we're not too keen on another one win season in Div 2 for sure.

Div 3 start the week before Div 2 so your theory wouldn't need Hursty to have a bye.

I think if Reservoir do fold or go into recess for a year, than you can only ask Epping, Sth Morang and Mernda if they want to go into 2nd Div, but bearing in mind it is very late in the pre season for any committee/club to make that decision if they have planned 2016 as competing in Div 3.

If Div 2 has only 7 sides at least those sides know they won't get relegated so that may help, but if Div 2 is only 7 sides would this mean the draw would need to be redone?

Reservoir have put out the call for players what are the chances of getting the required numbers this late in the season ?
My thoughts are both positive and negative on the plus side if you are a fringe 1st player then its a good opportunity to play div2 seniors and develop yourself and on the negative side you have to ask if you make the move are the club going to get enough player to compete this year .

Reservoir have put out the call for players what are the chances of getting the required numbers this late in the season ?
My thoughts are both positive and negative on the plus side if you are a fringe 1st player then its a good opportunity to play div2 seniors and develop yourself and on the negative side you have to ask if you make the move are the club going to get enough player to compete this year .

They would not be at all competitive this year with the players they have lost.
They need 45 registered players by March 18 and with a possible 15-20 on the books now.

I noticed there isn't many clearances from Reservoir, only Flavel, Sullivan, Docherty, graham, where are the rest of the players gone? Can't all be retired can they?

I think if Reservoir do fold or go into recess for a year, than you can only ask Epping, Sth Morang and Mernda if they want to go into 2nd Div, but bearing in mind it is very late in the pre season for any committee/club to make that decision if they have planned 2016 as competing in Div 3.

If Div 2 has only 7 sides at least those sides know they won't get relegated so that may help, but if Div 2 is only 7 sides would this mean the draw would need to be redone?
If Reservoir do fold or go into recess for a year, it would be better to keep D2 as a 7 team comp and do a redraw with every team playing each other 3 times, this would then make it fair for all teams

I noticed there isn't many clearances from Reservoir, only Flavel, Sullivan, Docherty, graham, where are the rest of the players gone? Can't all be retired can they?
There's about 5 more senior players to apply but 12 have retired or stopped playing due to work commitments

Is it possible for Reservoir to field a snr only side in D3 and bump one of the D3 teams up? Got to be better than closing the doors. Bloody hard to get them open again
They have closed up for one season before because they told all there player there wont be a next season because the ground are all to dry and all there players walk out so there use to it

They have closed up for one season before because they told all there player there wont be a next season because the ground are all to dry and all there players walk out so there use to it

Screamer, Reservoir did not shut up shop for a year because the ground was hard! It was a player lead walk out over the senior coaching appointment.
Just for future its their players ,not there player and their use to it, not there use to it. Now I am no spelling or gramma guru but if you use the correct word it makes easier to understand your post

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Screamer, Reservoir did not shut up shop for a year because the ground was hard! It was a player lead walk out over the senior coaching appointment.
Just for future its their players ,not there player and their use to it, not there use to it. Now I am no spelling or gramma guru but if you use the correct word it makes easier to understand your post

They're use to it not their

Any idea how the teams shaped up? Interested to see how the Hillers go this year

It was a six qtr match. Banyule had the better of the first half when mostly 19s and reserves played, up by about 5 or 6 goals. Then the opposite in the 2nd half when the seniors played. I believe the final score was Banyule by a point.

Fu
It was a six qtr match. Banyule had the better of the first half when mostly 19s and reserves played, up by about 5 or 6 goals. Then the opposite in the 2nd half when the seniors played. I believe the final score was Banyule by a point.

We're the teams close to full squads?

Hi all,

Berwick has scheduled a practice match against Lalor at Lalor on the 19th March. With Lalor unable to field a 19s side for the day we're looking to find any other teams in the NFL who have a 19s side available for the day and are happy to play at Lalor. Please PM me if your side has an availability.

Hey guys, couple of questions for you.
1- Do Reservoir have good junior numbers?
2- I don't know that area to well, but isn't West Preston's ground situated in Reservoir rather than West Preston? If I'm correct surely this doesn't help things.

Hey guys, couple of questions for you.
1- Do Reservoir have good junior numbers?
2- I don't know that area to well, but isn't West Preston's ground situated in Reservoir rather than West Preston? If I'm correct surely this doesn't help things.
Turbo Reservoir have very poor numbers in the juniors I think they might have one to three teams and all lower age groups despite a lot of hard work by some very dedicated peoples efforts . Most of the kids seem to go to west Preston as it is a div 1 club and end up playing on a roster system as they end up with about 30 kids per team. Which is a shame as if they went 5 minutes up the road they would get to play every week and a full game.

Turbo Reservoir have very poor numbers in the juniors I think they might have one to three teams and all lower age groups despite a lot of hard work by some very dedicated peoples efforts . Most of the kids seem to go to west Preston as it is a div 1 club and end up playing on a roster system as they end up with about 30 kids per team. Which is a shame as if they went 5 minutes up the road they would get to play every week and a full game.

That's the usual thing and the challenge for div3 competing against a div1 for juniors. However I actually would prefer if clubs capped there numbers to 24 to avoid a roster system however having said that what if a junior has ties to that club. Very difficult situation around most leagues.

That's the usual thing and the challenge for div3 competing against a div1 for juniors. However I actually would prefer if clubs capped there numbers to 24 to avoid a roster system however having said that what if a junior has ties to that club. Very difficult situation around most leagues.
Turbo I agree about the ties to a club but the way a round this is two tiered one the NFL has to enforce a cap from under from under 10 to under 19 .If a player has ties to a club bit for the sake of playing each week the player could be leased out on loan for one season and sent straight back to his home club at the end of the season .At least he would get regular games and get development at the same time .The player might just come out of a loan season a better player. The stockpiling of players does the whole competition no favours

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 NFL Division 2

Back