2016 NFL Division 2

Who will win the NFL Div 2 Flag in 2016

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd still back North to get up even without Harvey. I think Hurstbridge were good and showed their best in the first final and North had a pretty ordinary day, but just laid down the hammer when they needed to.

Would be a more interesting game but would be disappointing. Always want to watch the best go about their business on the big stage.

Heard a horrible rumour that Harvs may not play this week due to work commitments. Damn Coppers. Does that change everything? Or do Nth have the cattle to cover?

Same source said Boomer and The Dish are locked in for the kennel in 2017, unless other AFL clubs can tempt Boomer.
I would think he'd be good to go. I think the guy who does the rosters is a coach at ressies level div 1 and tends to look after the sports guys.

Pfft your a muppet, the Stars surged home two weeks ago and got robbed by a stupid free kick, your lucky your sides there, because if the umpiring was at a decent standard, you's woulda gone out in straight sets again this year.

These Hurstbridge blokes have come out of hiding and are trawling through the forum for any fuel they can give themselves after their side have fallen over the line and into the grand final through fortunate circumstance.

The two best teams will fight it out this Saturday and it will go down to the wire.

The two best teams, give it a spell. Got a win against Diamond Creek on the weekend but lost the previous 4 games when playing Top 4 sides.

Pfft your a muppet, the Stars surged home two weeks ago and got robbed by a stupid free kick, your lucky your sides there, because if the umpiring was at a decent standard, you's woulda gone out in straight sets again this year.
Blah Blah Blah, play a different tune buddy. YOU WERE WRONG with your prediction.
But you will be right with your B & F prediction. Anyone can win it. Gee that was enlightening. Now go away and buy yourself a frock for Saturdays game.

These Hurstbridge blokes have come out of hiding and are trawling through the forum for any fuel they can give themselves after their side have fallen over the line and into the grand final through fortunate circumstance.

The two best teams, give it a spell. Got a win against Diamond Creek on the weekend but lost the previous 4 games when playing Top 4 sides.
Well they finished first and second. That tells me they were the two best teams. Derrrr

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who do you even follow mate? Or just here to pot blokes for pointing out flaws in your opinion?

I'm not here to pot anyone, if Rushed Point takes any offence in that comment then my apologies.

What I meant is that the argument that Hurstbridge are one of the best 2 teams because they finished top 2 is simplistic when their form in the second half of the season and running into finals leaves a lot to be desired. A lot of us here were excited of the prospect of a North Vs Stars grand final but unfortunately that hasn't eventuated.

We've obviously got a different take on things, and it's fine to disagree. Diversity is a great thing.

Last edited:
Yes who do you follow? A simple answer for a simple man please?

Again, my apologies if any offence was taken.

I don't think my allegiance has a lot of weight in this conversation. We are having a discussion of Hurstbridge fuelled by you digging up old posts on people's predictions.

Congratulations to you for your team being there, enjoy the experience of cheering for your team on grand final day.

I won't continue to argue a mute point. In the end the two teams remaining are North Heidelberg and Hurstridge. I don't have a lot more to add other than my prediction.

North Heidelberg by 32 points.

Oh okay, if we lose then we were not good enough, but if we win we will go straight down. So here we have a lose lose situation. Well done

I think whatever team wins will struggle next year and that has been proven with most teams that have gone up going straight back down unless North get Boomer of course. It's bloody tough division one but better being in it than not. A win for Hurstbridge would prove a lot of doubters wrong, I just think you will go straight back down. Just an opinion and doesn't mean I will be right.

But we didn't go out in straight sets. And we beat dimmo more then you did so who's the MUPPET NOW

Last edited:
I'm not here to pot anyone, if Rushed Point takes any offence in that comment then my apologies.

What I meant is that the argument that Hurstbridge are one of the best 2 teams because they finished top 2 is simplistic when their form in the second half of the season and running into finals leaves a lot to be desired. A lot of us here were excited of the prospect of a North Vs Stars grand final but unfortunately that hasn't eventuated.

We've obviously got a different take on things, and it's fine to disagree. Diversity is a great thing.
No offence taken

Boomer Harvey to play a once off game for nth Heidelberg in 17 in whatever grade they're in ! Might be late news in here but have it on good authority that it will happen

I haven't watched any of this division. But I'm going to go watch the gf on Saturday. Who's the favourite to win it. Are north Heidelberg as good as they were 2 years ago

I think Division 2 was at its strongest in 2013 and 2014. Whittlesea, North and Stars over that period were the strongest teams I've seen in the division. Both sides lost a couple when they went up a division and couldn't make a good go of it.

North Heidelberg favourite for sure. They started the season slower than I expected but got going not long after. May lack a strong forward option when Harvey isn't down there but find a lot of goals from others. Pretty solid outfit.

Remove this Banner Ad

2016 NFL Division 2

Back