List Mgmt. 2016 Post Season Draft, Trading & Free Agency

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Instead of continue develop tab , getting black will stop his development.

He kicked 18 goals in 17 games, of which he kicked 5 against Brisbane. That's less than a goal per game and if you're OK with that from a KPF than your expectations are pretty low.

He was on the lead and free a ridiculous amount of times without being rewarded as we would just kick to Pav. Pav with all the ball that we fed him only kicked 1.72 goals per game.

Both suffered from a woeful midfield effort, we gave few passes to the forward line that weren't complete and utter crap. I for one am happy with what he gave us under both circumstances (pav-centric, few passes to forwards that were mostly rubbish.). Up to him to make himself next year without the shadow of Pav.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many times have we had this debate???

Can we just agree that Tabs made massive improvements this year but he still has some work to do?
Big guys usually do take a bit of time. Tabs has a lot of ability. I just question whether he has the mongrel.

I know it was against Brisbane who don't exactly have much in the way of KPDs but Tabs best game came against Brisbane playing as the number one forward.

I'm pretty confident that Apeness and McCarthy can play better foils than Tanner.

It's not a coincidence that when we dominate in the midfield and the ball comes in cleanly our forwards look so much better.

Predicting GWS and Brisbane will make an early deal which will involve pick 2 and 19 for pick 5 (from Carlton) and 7.
The points accumulate to 3522 points and 3465 points in favour of Brisbane, which will be both agreed on because Brisbane get their value, and GWS get their top 2 pick.

1. Essendon: Hugh McCluggage
2. GWS: Andrew McGrath
3. Fremantle: Sam Petrevski-Seton

Win-win-win

The principles of football haven't changed in 120 years; pressure the ball carrier and protect the space when you don't have the ball, run, spread and move the ball with hard running and skills when you have the ball. I just hate it when we try and turn forwards into ruckman, midfielders into forwards and defenders and recruit someone because they're tall (square pegs round holes). We can still play to the principles of football but adjust our game plan with the list we have. Our current forwards are undersized but have more speed, agility and are highly skillful. Instead of picking up a Kersten and Black for the sake of having talls, why don't the coaching staff look at a gameplan/structure that plays to the strength of having a smaller forward line. When the right talls are available, then look to change the gameplan again. If you stand still the competition will leave you in its wake.

****, now I remember why this place is so God damn frustrating.

Perhaps if every team in the competition are in such a hurry to force square pegs into round holes, then it says something about the need for round holes :|, doesn't it? Go build your gameplan around having a smaller forward line, then come talk to me in a couple of years when you've realised KPP's exist in our game for a reason.

Wont even touch the bit about changing the gameplan every season.

Doesn't help when you're kicking it on top of the head of Yarran, Ballas and Walters. Why not try something different like isolating them up forward and kicking it to their advantage. I'd back them to beat their man one on one.

One post you're arguing for a smaller forward line, then your very next post bemoans the inability of our smaller forwards to be able to win the ball in the air.

Fuuuuuuaaa-, literally cannot win around this place.

Just going to go kick the neighbours dog, be right back.

Predicting GWS and Brisbane will make an early deal which will involve pick 2 and 19 for pick 5 (from Carlton) and 7.
The points accumulate to 3522 points and 3465 points in favour of Brisbane, which will be both agreed on because Brisbane get their value, and GWS get their top 2 pick.

1. Essendon: Hugh McCluggage
2. GWS: Andrew McGrath
3. Fremantle: Sam Petrevski-Seton

Win-win-win
pick 3 for 5 and 15. Looks better.

Brisbane will take Brodie.

Question - if Barlow and Silvagni haven't been delisted; does that mean they're safe?

Naturally they could be used in trades just like Ballantyne, Mayne and Clarke but I've not heard of any substantial interest for SNOS and Mick.

I'm normally on holiday at this time of year and not too good at this post-season guff.

Question - if Barlow and Silvagni haven't been delisted; does that mean they're safe?

Naturally they could be used in trades just like Ballantyne, Mayne and Clarke but I've not heard of any substantial interest for SNOS and Mick.

I'm normally on holiday at this time of year and not too good at this post-season guff.
I think silva is safe , barlow will depend on other club offer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back