List Mgmt. 2016 re-signing mission accomplished!

Remove this Banner Ad

On Trade Radio, an agent from Phoenix (same management company as Gardiner) said Brisbane are very keen to retain him, Noble and Fagan have just come on board but Victorian clubs are monitoring the situation closely.

Reading between the lines he is weighing up a return home or to give the new structure in Lions a go. 50/50
So in other words, the reason he hasn't re-signed is because he has been shopping himself around.

Nice one Darcy:rolleyes:

Don't really blame players for having a look around after the rabble we have been for many years.
And it's a good reality check for guys who perhaps might rate themselves a bit more highly than the market does.

So in other words, the reason he hasn't re-signed is because he has been shopping himself around.

Nice one Darcy:rolleyes:
I'm calling bull-tish!

Why suggest he has been shopping himself around in a sentence that implies this as FACT? Are you a part-time journo?

Could it not be possible he is holding out with an inflated contract expectation based on the next CBA?

I'd love to keep Darcy but it's not the end of the world if he decides to leave.
I agree save that if he chooses Geelong they have bugger all to give us in terms of picks.

Cant keep losing these guys. Darcy needs to stay, playing wise he isnt a huge loss, but we are building around him and others his age. We already had a generation above his wiped out, he is a replacement. Good aggressive character too. Hope he stays.

I'm sure they are trying to. It's been confirmed. Dizzy on the other hand....
Just cause they are trying doesn't mean the deal will get done. I'm just telling you what i've heard take it or leave it Jackess. Don't say you weren't told if it does eventuate. I made it fairly clear what was happening.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

would make sense if geelong is after darcy they did rate him big time when it came to his draft year they were very keen on him but made a last minute decision to take darcy lang instead, bit disapointing if he tries to go there now

I wouldn't be surprised if the contract we've offered him isn't much.

Realistically, Darcy is pretty much a fringe player in the (equal) bottom team, and I believe he would really struggle to get a senior game if he were to go to Geelong. In my view, I saw little difference between him and Hugh Beasley - same size; Darcy a closer checker; Hugh faster and better out of defence. I figured there wasn't room for both of them and it wouldn't have worried me which one went.

If Darcy was to be traded, I'd be tempted to re-pick Beasley - he'd come much cheaper!

Hopefully, Darcy stays and shows some upside.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2016 re-signing mission accomplished!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back