2016 Rookies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
in an 18 month AFL career how many weeks has he been fully fit?
I get your point. But to me a bad run is something like a recurring hamstring injury, or something that happens regularly. He's had two very separate injuries in 18 months. That's not too bad at all.

AFL announces permission to play list for this weekend
Sydney Swans
George Hewett, Zak Jones, Toby Nankervis, Nic Newman, James Rose

These four competing for 2 spots perhaps?

Thuggee_Cult?

Here is our final team for 2015 from the loss to North in last years semi final. Non starters (7) for Round 1 in bold.

B: Dane Rampe, Ted Richards, Nick Smith
HB: Rhyce Shaw, Heath Grundy, Jarrad McVeigh
C: Lewis Jetta, Tom Mitchell, Gary Rohan
HF: Dean Towers, Adam Goodes, Harry Cunningham
F: Ben McGlynn, Kurt Tippett, Isaac Heeney
Fol:Mike Pyke, Josh P. Kennedy, Dan Hannebery
I/C: James Rose, Jeremy Laidler, Jake Lloyd
Sub: Zak Jones

I'll guess the following will happen to 5 of those spots
Rohan > K.Jack , Pyke > Sinclair, Goodes > Buddy, RShaw > Mills, McGlynn > Parker

That leaves 2 spots up for grabs
Jetta, McVeigh

On top of that these guys aren't best 22 locks:
Rose, Jones, Towers

McVeigh and Reid the only locks to come back, leaves between 3-5 spots up for grabs in Round 1 IMO, and 2 of those spots will be ongoing.

EDIT: I forgot Parker in my original post, have added him now

AFL announces permission to play list for this weekend
Sydney Swans
George Hewett, Zak Jones, Toby Nankervis, Nic Newman, James Rose

These four competing for 2 spots perhaps?

Thuggee_Cult?

Just realized Papley is not named in that lot, interesting...

If he gets elevated next week I'm jumping on

Here is our final team for 2015 from the loss to North in last years semi final. Non starters (7) for Round 1 in bold.

B: Dane Rampe, Ted Richards, Nick Smith
HB: Rhyce Shaw, Heath Grundy, Jarrad McVeigh
C: Lewis Jetta, Tom Mitchell, Gary Rohan
HF: Dean Towers, Adam Goodes, Harry Cunningham
F: Ben McGlynn, Kurt Tippett, Isaac Heeney
Fol:Mike Pyke, Josh P. Kennedy, Dan Hannebery
I/C: James Rose, Jeremy Laidler, Jake Lloyd
Sub: Zak Jones

I'll guess the following will happen to 5 of those spots
Rohan > K.Jack , Pyke > Sinclair, Goodes > Buddy, RShaw > Mills, McGlynn > Parker

That leaves 2 spots up for grabs
Jetta, McVeigh

On top of that these guys aren't best 22 locks:
Rose, Jones, Towers

McVeigh and Reid the only locks to come back, leaves between 3-5 spots up for grabs in Round 1 IMO, and 2 of those spots will be ongoing.

EDIT: I forgot Parker in my original post, have added him now

Interesting, you don't see Towers as best 22 this year? Based on what I've read and seen, I think he's moved off the fringes - I would assume he is ahead of Rose/Hewett. Where do you see him in the current hierarchy?

I think you're overstating the cost of taking Petracca early. You can never upgrade all your starting rookies in the same few weeks anyway so there's good reason for trying to stagger when your rookies reach maximum price.

Is there a good reason for missing out on 3+ weeks of $$$ rises

Only reason I'd take Petracca early is if it suited my captain loophole options

there's no good reason for staggering rookie price rises and trading them when they have maxxed out

when it occurs - they get moved on and you repeat the process until you hopefully end up with a decent side for finals

Is there a good reason for missing out on 3+ weeks of $$$ rises

Only reason I'd take Petracca early is if it suited my captain loophole options

there's no good reason for staggering rookie price rises and trading them when they have maxxed out

when it occurs - they get moved on and you repeat the process until you hopefully end up with a decent side for finals

I cannot think of a past example where a non-playing R1 rookie selection on the bench has paid off - it's a recipe for disaster. Anyone think of one?

I cannot think of a past example where a non-playing R1 rookie selection on the bench has paid off - it's a recipe for disaster. Anyone think of one?

Kolodjashnij missed round 1 (Was coming back from a hammy, from memory, and just missed out) in 2014. Came straight in for R2 and averaged 94.6 over his first 6 games.

I'd be confident he's one of the only examples, though. He also was very close to playing R1, so it's a different scenario to Petracca who we might not see for a few weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tom Rockliff in his first season matched this scenario, IIRC?

Rockliff played one game in his first season against the pies

then i think his next game was Rd 3 the following season

Terlich

Interesting, you don't see Towers as best 22 this year? Based on what I've read and seen, I think he's moved off the fringes - I would assume he is ahead of Rose/Hewett. Where do you see him in the current hierarchy?

He was in and out of the team a bit last year and was only really a regular late in the year when Jack, Parker and McGlynn missed the last half a dozen rounds. During this time, to his credit, he played some decent football and was one of our best in the Freo qualifying final loss. He will get a crack early but will need to play well to keep his spot - he is ahead of Hewett/Rose for sure but I think one of them will play a few early games

He was in and out of the team a bit last year and was only really a regular late in the year when Jack, Parker and McGlynn missed the last half a dozen rounds. During this time, to his credit, he played some decent football and was one of our best in the Freo qualifying final loss. He will get a crack early but will need to play well to keep his spot - he is ahead of Hewett/Rose for sure but I think one of them will play a few early games

Yeah, I like him alot - but hasn't set world alight from what I've seen in NABs and a bit concerned about his JS... I've cooled on him and moved him on at his price, but he could be huge this year...

Tom Rockliff and James Podsiadly.
But pick Relton Roberts if you want.

Dean Terlich didn't play Rd1 in his rookie year either. (I picked him though) He went on to average 79 from 20 games. Good times.

Just realized Papley is not named in that lot, interesting...

If he gets elevated next week I'm jumping on
Rookie listed players don't need permission to play in state leagues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back