List Mgmt. 2016 Trade, Draft and free agency news (no hypothetical trades)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kicking mechanics are developed from the moment you pick up the footy, it's nigh on impossible to change after 20 odd years of practising it the same way. We are stuck with his ability by foot, no investment will change that.
Not true, kicking can be improved. Just like retraining anything. It takes repetition and repetition and repetition.

Mitchell's stance seems legit. However I'm inclined to think that even if the Swans find something extra to match our offer he's already halfway out the door and he's on his way.

Very confident.

Mitchell's stance seems legit. However I'm inclined to think that even if the Swans find something extra to match our offer he's already halfway out the door and he's on his way.

Very confident.

Just the father quitting & leaving nails it for me. Worst case is he doesn't come to the Hawks, but I'm guessing he's out of the Swans.

Much like the JOM & Prestia departures, I find it very hard to believe that these guys hadn't already made their decision long before announcing it.

He may of course be like Cloke who just milked it for the max return he could get....

What kind of an idiot is Ashcroft? In saying that if Hawthorn don't meet their demands for Jaegar, they will have no hesitation in sending him to the PSD?

That is like advertising your car for say $25,000, and knocking back offers of $15,000 and $20,000, then pushing the car off a clikk because you didn't get what you wanted.

I am sure we will make a fair and genuine offer, so let's hope sanity prevails and Jaegar gets his wish to become a Hawk.

What kind of an idiot is Ashcroft? In saying that if Hawthorn don't meet their demands for Jaegar, they will have no hesitation in sending him to the PSD?

That is like advertising your car for say $25,000, and knocking back offers of $15,000 and $20,000, then pushing the car off a clikk because you didn't get what you wanted.

I am sure we will make a fair and genuine offer, so let's hope sanity prevails and Jaegar gets his wish to become a Hawk.

This talk happens every year at trade time. Every year (outside minor outliers) the deal gets done.

Its such a game of thrones in the media, all about drama but 99% of the time these guys know where they are going 6mths out.

Jom and Mitchell have been Hawks for mths .

Players have pride and ego and more to the point, managers, they don't get offered 1/5th of what Buddy is getting while an old man and hang around hoping they can get a little bit better.

This talk happens every year at trade time. Every year (outside minor outliers) the deal gets done.

Ok, but then doesn't Ashcroft look weak, making a ridiculous statement and then reneging?

Does Gregg Swann look weak to you?

Swann drew a line in the sand on Thursday after continued player departures, adamant the Lions were prepared to lose Aish for nothing.

“We are not trading him. He either plays at Carlton or he plays for us,’’ he told the Herald Sun.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...l/news-story/347db548722b889da8d04b1b02a8b6e7

I have no idea how Kade fell into the Rookie draft, great skills, can kick on both sides, doesn't fear heavy contact. Upgraded to the senior list I would imagine.
Kade has been signed as a rookie for another year in 2017 according to Hawks website a couple of months ago. Along with Glass, may be the only rookie to survive. Surman looks a long way off, Lachie Langford struggling to get out of development squad at Box Hill, Miller-Lewis not progressing, Woodward has too many similar types ahead of him and Tatupu already at Storm.

Of the senior list players JOR, Schoey, Will Langford and TOB are all contracted which would leave Whitecross, Spangher, Willsmore and Webster looking on nervously as obviously players have to go to make room for those coming in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kade has been signed as a rookie for another year in 2017 according to Hawks website a couple of months ago. Along with Glass, may be the only rookie to survive. Surman looks a long way off, Lachie Langford struggling to get out of development squad at Box Hill, Miller-Lewis not progressing, Woodward has too many similar types ahead of him and Tatupu already at Storm.

Of the senior list players JOR, Schoey, Will Langford and TOB are all contracted which would leave Whitecross, Spangher, Willsmore and Webster looking on nervously as obviously players have to go to make room for those coming in.

Anyone know how Shem is going at the Storm?

I think Stewart will be senior list next year, JML gone, Surman another year, Woody I hope another year, Lachie 50/50

Ok, but then doesn't Ashcroft look weak, making a ridiculous statement and then reneging?

He is President of a basketcase club owned by the AFL. You dont think he was already weak?

He will do what the AFL tells him to do.

That said, the AFL will probably tell him to send OMeara to Essendon via the PSD.

Anyone know how Shem is going at the Storm?

Mid year I was checking East Tigers, Sunshine Coast Falcons and Thunderbolts team lists and results and didn't see his name...sort of stopped bothering. Wacko Jacko said he is a long way off, seeing Storm were sreaming out for outside backs mid year and he couldn't get a game this would appear to be true...see how he goes in pre season.

The more I think about it 14 and the Hill pick is surely enough for O'Meara and a late pick back.

Gold Coast pretty much gave up Harley Bennell with pick 22 for pick 16 and pick 21(this years). (was originally less but there was a late trade that may have been linked to this trade).
Both probably have similar ceilings both have risks. Bennell with his attitude but he played 30 games in the 2 years prior.

And Hawthorn's new director of football operations is ..... Barry Mitchell!
That'd be some deal. Does dad get paid extras to help cover Toms out of cap expenses, or Tom get extras to look after the old man and keep us under the footy dept cap?

Ha! The melts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back