Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not nominating a club gives a lot of credence to Bailey not being deadset on the cats.

Has the feel of him needing to know what trade capital certain clubs have to make a deal after other things shake out.

Barrass and Battle had no issues nominating Hawthorn, so I don't buy that it's a matter of respect to clubs still in finals. I think it points to him not knowing what certain clubs (read; Hawthorn) are able to commit to in bringing him over.

I'd prefer us not to have Soldo as he's been pretty poor at Port + would hate to see him get games over Ramma. Ramma looked solid in patches this year against the Pies/Suns earlier this year.

Would prefer someone not given opportunities or someone on the otherside of 30 to provide experience but a solid backup (almost like a 3rd keeper in soccer). Soldo is neither of those and clearly wants to be a teams no.1
Ramma has been good in my eyes and seems to play better when he has decent amount of ruck to do. He should become stronger next year and won't be a bad option to trial him as KPD too. He is extremely agile for his size & can become a copy of Meek.

Reeves, Serong, Mitchell are all in contract, so unless offers are better than decent, no need to budge. IMO we have to sign up Finn for another 2 years, so again offers for him need to be better than normal.

DGB whatever we get or delist and rookie him.

Frosty is the other one we need to extend to 2026 with triggers or his head will turn at offers. I understand we want to keep him for depth but at his age, his family security will be a big factor.

PS : I am still hopeful that Ross Lyon sees the value of a role player like Harry Morrison in his team and trades for him to avoid devaluing their Battle compo pick, we in return should structure battle deal to avg 900K for 5 yrs & rest for yr 6.

Not nominating a club gives a lot of credence to Bailey not being deadset on the cats.

Has the feel of him needing to know what trade capital certain clubs have to make a deal after other things shake out.

Barrass and Battle had no issues nominating Hawthorn, so I don't buy that it's a matter of respect to clubs still in finals. I think it points to him not knowing what certain clubs (read; Hawthorn) are able to commit to in bringing him over.

It’s still Geelong. Geelong don’t want the distraction of the Bailey hype during finals. We got our trade/FA hype out of the way before finals started.

100% Geelong.

Confused Tim And Eric GIF

Barrass and Battle were certainties to get done. I reckon we already have an in-principle deal agreed with West Coast. Probably gets done day 1 of trade period. Battle an UFA so there's no barrier there.

Baz on the other hand is a very different matter. I think the difference between what the Bulldogs want and what we'd be prepared to trade (assuming we still have any interest) is probably pretty far apart.

The club's appetite to bring him in might hinge on what happens with other players on our list, or even on the irons in the fire that we don't even know about yet.

It’s still Geelong. Geelong don’t want the distraction of the Bailey hype during finals. We got our trade/FA hype out of the way before finals started.

100% Geelong.
Yep. It's the type of shenanigans this mob play.

Same shenanigans that would have seen Day and Frost ready to play until 40 mins before the bounce. They're shitheads

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Ward showing what he can do let’s hope we aren’t in the Bailey Smith bidding unless we up trade price so Cats pay up

With smith not naming his club of choice, is this so clubs offer there best contract, and he picks the club that has the best contract in front of him.
My gut feeling is that he's not headed to the Hawks.
Maybe though we've told him that given we're committed a 1st at least for Barrass it would depend on a deal being able to be done?

Bailey Smith didn’t nominate a club. I assume because Cats are still playing, but we can stil dream :)

We didn’t seem to mind Barass and Battle nominating. Can’t imagine we would tell Smith to stay quiet if it’s us?
Cats could get crafty if they know it’s us. Don’t know how but I could see them trying to throw a spanner somehow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back