Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Noah Balta

• Aiden Bonar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Wouldn't you guys be NUTS not to take him at 4 then? And why is everyone in Victoria assuming we won't take Rayner at 2?

Well yes I think we will regret it.

But I more meant that u guys will take a lower risk pick at 2 (unless u take Rayner), and that Stephenson would be a perfect combo

Personally I think dow should be 1 and Stephenson 2

I agree that our poll may be very misleading in representing how we actually rate the players. I did enjoy thegav56's draft strategy opinion as mine is very similar but it is very circumstantial. Are we better assuming we take the best available talent at these high picks and just listing our top 5 in order of preference? Otherwise keen to hear others draft strategies.

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I wish I was watching the draft with you.
We could have a drink or 2, or more, :drunk: & have different reactions when Stephenson’s name is or isn’t called out in the top 5.
There would be some discussion, followed by more drinks as we pronounced the actual picks 2 & 5 to be the best of the draft, & pledge our unwavering support for those 2 champs. :D
Hopefuuwe would be still sober enough when the 3rd best player in the draft miraculously slipped to our 3rd pick. :cool:
Hmm, not a bad idea. The draft is being broadcast live, right? Are there any pubs showing it?

Fyfe is 190cm, Blakey 188cm, Mundy 192cm, and nearing retirement, it makes more sense to find his replacement.
If we manage to find a player of his Calibre, don't see any Freo supporters being disappointed.

Just a heads up, the draft goes forever! About 40 minutes into the draft and if we're lucky, the top 10 will be completed.
Even worse is I played buzzword bingo last draft and was absolutely smashed in the first 20 minutes. Do not put "Big Bodied", "High Ceiling" or "Explosiveness" on your board this year or else you might need to put the paramedics on speed dial.

I agree that our poll may be very misleading in representing how we actually rate the players. I did enjoy thegav56's draft strategy opinion as mine is very similar but it is very circumstantial. Are we better assuming we take the best available talent at these high picks and just listing our top 5 in order of preference? Otherwise keen to hear others draft strategies.
Since snagging pick 2 my main interest in the draft has been about the strategy of our brains trust. Really confident in the top tier of players available. Thoroughly enjoyed the way Chris25 played his hand, and Ysaye as well. Loved the bit of banter between them too, both providing great insights.

Highlighted for me that in this draft there is definitely going to be some potential for skulduggery and bluffing. We got a taste last draft about the work our boys put into the different computations when they snared Darcy, for all the world looking like a classic "reach", when in fact it was wonderfully smart taking place just before Geelong could blurt out his name. ssshhhh.

I think the poll represents the popularity of either UDL or Rayner at pick #2

Then Fogarty as the favourite at #5

Most people don't think Dow will be available at #5 hence the even split of Stephenson, Cerra and Brayshaw

Since snagging pick 2 my main interest in the draft has been about the strategy of our brains trust. Really confident in the top tier of players available. Thoroughly enjoyed the way Chris25 played his hand, and Ysaye as well. Loved the bit of banter between them too, both providing great insights.

Highlighted for me that in this draft there is definitely going to be some potential for skulduggery and bluffing. We got a taste last draft about the work our boys put into the different computations when they snared Darcy, for all the world looking like a classic "reach", when in fact it was wonderfully smart taking place just before Geelong could blurt out his name. ssshhhh.

Not sure if you were aware that Rayner spent some time in the middle during Nab U18 and was very good. I can only presume they were sticking to a game plan, he had more value up forward given they had enough mids, or his tank for mid was limited. Combination maybe...but he was as good as any if not better when playing the inside mid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A year for the mathematician re possible combination out of a likely seven. What two suits our side right now? Were we going a mid before the pick 2 scenario came up? Will we change from our target player/s for pick 5 before we also got pick 2? Will we be faithful to automatically replacing a Weller type mid - would it be Dow? Or will the opportunity to rearrange things be taken up?

2. Still Rayner or LDU for me - and 5 either of those if they are there still and if not, in order of these being there at 5 = Dow, Fogarty, Cerra

I'm not in the Rayner camp. 11.10 beep test to me proves he just doesn't want it as much. People compare Dusty and Walters to Rayner but those two always trained hard but just had other things going on outside of football. 11.10 just shows you are just a lazy mofo.

Rayner :thumbsdown:.. lazy and probably a flight risk. Pass!

LDU and FOG:thumbsu:

On the RTD podcast, Cal said he can't see Freo taking Fogarty at 5. He said Freo might look at Naughton but reading between the lines, it sort of sounded like Freo really like Brayshaw.

No real amount of Freo questions were asked, just stupid idiot questions from Carlton and Crow fans.

I still think it will go:

1. Rayner
2. LDU
3. Dow
4. Cerra
5. Brayshaw

Edit: I really like Brayshaw, Fogarty and Stephenson. I think legitimate questions will need to be asked of Lloyd if he passes on those three.

I'm not in the Rayner camp. 11.10 beep test to me proves he just doesn't want it as much. People compare Dusty and Walters to Rayner but those two always trained hard but just had other things going on outside of football. 11.10 just shows you are just a lazy mofo.

Rayner :thumbsdown:.. lazy and probably a flight risk. Pass!

LDU and FOG:thumbsu:
I don't know the story behind that beep test but I know he's definitely a hard trainer

And if Dow or Cerra slide would you take them over Fogarty?

I personally would take Dow over Fogarty at 5, but I don't expect him to be at 5, I expect we will take either Dow, or LDU at 2, depending on the scraps left to us by Brisbane. I haven't really considered that Rayner will be taken at 1, ... I just don't think he will. Probably at 3 or 4, is my thinking.

On the RTD podcast, Cal said he can't see Freo taking Fogarty at 5. He said Freo might look at Naughton but reading between the lines, it sort of sounded like Freo really like Brayshaw.

No real amount of Freo questions were asked, just stupid idiot questions from Carlton and Crow fans.

I still think it will go:

1. Rayner
2. LDU
3. Dow
4. Cerra
5. Brayshaw

Edit: I really like Brayshaw, Fogarty and Stephenson. I think legitimate questions will need to be asked of Lloyd if he passes on those three.
If we took LDU I would prefer either Stephenson or Fogarty at 5 over Brayshaw. If we magically got Rayner at 2, I would be happy with Brayshaw.

I don't know the story behind that beep test but I know he's definitely a hard trainer
If he wasn't fit he wouldn't take the test. Trying to think what possible options there are apart from his training. The best other theory I can come up with is trying to throw recruiters off so he gets to stay in Victoria.

A year for the mathematician re possible combination out of a likely seven. What two suits our side right now? Were we going a mid before the pick 2 scenario came up? Will we change from our target player/s for pick 5 before we also got pick 2? Will we be faithful to automatically replacing a Weller type mid - would it be Dow? Or will the opportunity to rearrange things be taken up?

2. Still Rayner or LDU for me - and 5 either of those if they are there still and if not, in order of these being there at 5 = Dow, Fogarty, Cerra

From 7 there are 21 possible combinations that Freo could hope to choose.

Taking into account the choices of the other clubs there are 42 possible permutations of 2 selections from those 7 players.

The most like for like replacement of Weller, is probably Brayshaw at 5. whether we do that or not is the $64 question.

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Event 2017 AFL Draft - #2, #5, #42, #60, #66, #70, #77, #80, #90

Back