Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Noah Balta

• Aiden Bonar

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I would see wilson playing anywhere from hb to hf. We would also still have 8 which is a good pick for forward or mid or Naughton. Also a chance to realise best value for balic given that on his own we will be lucky to get 50 (even though we all think he is worth much more)

If it's a choice between best KPF in the draft vs 8 and Wilson, a KPF is more important and Wilson can wait until next year.

We've needed a KPF for at least five years and can't wait any longer.

Who is to say Wilson will even play for us if he comes back to WA and not Eagles? Why is he only being linked to us? I doubt the Peel connection is that strong. I know he's somewhat close with Bennell but he did grow up an Eagles supporter and Eagles need a player like him more than us. If it comes to it and GWS have to trade him out I think Eagles could offer them more and they'll do that and Wilson won't care.

You do realise we had the third lowest I50 count with only Brisbane and Carlton behind?
This year the team in my opinion has gone down two paths. When we have taken the game on Freo has been exciting,
which correlates with playing youth and all that envelopes.
At one stage of the year we were in the eight, many close wins and losses, and should of beaten Geelong away.
Other times it has been apparent that we have gone defensive, team selection based on experience.
Injury to Sandi, S Hill, Langdon, Balla, Walters, Blakey, didn't help with Neale interrupted preseason and Fyfe, Pearce,
Balic?
Hasn't helped our inside fifties when we didn't turn up and got absolutely smashed.
So I think Freo will cut the deadwood, improve the list again, but our biggest issue is injury, returning from injury.
Hopefully adding another eight names to the list new coaches, better gameplan , the foundation of the rebuild is
done.

Who is to say Wilson will even play for us if he comes back to WA and not Eagles? Why is he only being linked to us? I doubt the Peel connection is that strong. I know he's somewhat close with Bennell but he did grow up an Eagles supporter and Eagles need a player like him more than us. If it comes to it and GWS have to trade him out I think Eagles could offer them more and they'll do that and Wilson won't care.
I think you might be right,as much as i dont want to believe it

Absolutely nothing beyond wishful thinking at this stage I'd say.

That said, he is not a midfielder and would definitely cost the Eagles first (with swaps maybe) so not sure they would prioritise?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You mean Hunter Clark? Really like his game IMO better than Dow. Dual sided kick, fast and agile and tackles like a beast.
How high you rate HC ? Some said his kick need some polish.

You mean Hunter Clark? Really like his game IMO better than Dow. Dual sided kick, fast and agile and tackles like a beast.
Yes. The Hunter (great name) thing stuck with me, not so much the Clark. He has been terrific since the championships, by all reports, playing inside mid as well iirc. Hard as a cats head, someone said.

If we think we can get orielly next year we will trade our 5 pick to get a second pick and naughton. If we don't think we can get orielly next year we get brander.

No, but he can kick a ball out the backline without turning it over.
Actually if you watch him he does have a habit of kicking it to nobody or the opposition ala Weller. He is better than most on our team, but certainly not in the Bob Murphy/ Mundy/Bont/Ryan kicking class.

He has wheels and a long penetrating kick and is not afraid to use either. I think the kicks are accurate but his decision making could use work (like Weller).

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Event 2017 AFL Draft - #2, #5, #42, #60, #66, #70, #77, #80, #90

Back