Preview 2017 AFL Grand Final - Adelaide v Richmond, Sat, Sept 30, MCG, 2.30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He might have dyslexia, He's Clearly having some spelling issues in a few posts. No need to go on about a few spelling errors imo.

The 2 biggest clubs in footy playing in a granny for the first time against each other . How great is that.

Crows haven't been involved in losing grand final. I don't plan on starting this weekend .

Bring on the Brownlow , bring on the parade , bring on the game, bring on the whole week.

Let's do it for walshy!!
The Crows aren't one of the two biggest sides in footy.

Game will go one of 2 ways I reckon.

Option A: CROWS destroy Richmond because they are simply a vastly better team.

Option B: the scripted Victorian fairy tale. This would take a combination of the umps doing what they did last year, the Tigers to play at their absolute best and the Crows to choke (or kick wildly innaccurately).
Accuracy could be a problem for the Crows, although Richmond were missing a lot of gettable set shots yesterday.

The crows have been in position to take the foot off.

If it's a shootout the tigers lose and lose big, adelaides scoring ability is scary.

Tigers need to keep it locked down and take their chances. The worry is the tigers have given the cats and Giants plenty of chances on turnovers but they have both failed to take full account of them. I can't see Adelaide doing that

GWS were the rebound/scoring from turnover kings but this year they haven't looked as dangerous. Richmond have been quite clean, but you're right, they still make mistakes and turn it over, and it doesn't take much for Adelaide. Wet weather will work in Richmond's favour.

1997 Crows beat Saints Harvey Brownlow medallist, McLeod Norm Smith

20 years on They'll beat the tigers who have brownlow medallist in Dusty and Betts will win the norm smith

The Crows tendency to take their foot off the pedal has been a slight worry at times, they'll truly have to play four quarters. Geelong never really looked in it, but they did level things up a little in the 2nd quarter, if not on the scoreboard. Richmond was the same in the first half against GWS, but kept up with them at least. The fast finishing Crows could trouble Richmond. It'll likely be a battle of top attack vs top defense. I predict fast, high scoring, end to end stuff.
In the 2 finals the Crows have only lost 2 quarters by 1 and 7 points respectively. They drew 2 other quarter.

That's not exactly taking the foot off the pedal in 2 games that were close to done by half time.

I think it will be a very interesting game. The Round 6 game holds little relevance for mine.

Richmond were still figuring out how to play with only 1 key forward and Adelaide hadn't learned how to deal with playing against teams that played spare men in defence and were still scoring quite a few goals out the back.

So I think strategically both teams game styles have evolved quite a bit since then.

As for the MCG, I think the ground dimensions are of more relevance than the fact that it is in Victoria, rather than SA. The MCG is much wider than the Adelaide Oval, which presents its own challenge.

I think it will be a very interesting game. The Round 6 game holds little relevance for mine.

Richmond were still figuring out how to play with only 1 key forward and Adelaide hadn't learned how to deal with playing against teams that played spare men in defence and were still scoring quite a few goals out the back.

So I think strategically both teams game styles have evolved quite a bit since then.

As for the MCG, I think the ground dimensions are of more relevance than the fact that it is in Victoria, rather than SA. The MCG is much wider than the Adelaide Oval, which presents its own challenge.

crows skills are elite, and easier to find space at the mcg
but you tend to play a more slower/controlled game at the mcg, more boundary style footy

its a reason why the dogs won a flag, weve won 6 straight games at mcg , the slower wider ground suits us more than a quick small etihad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it was based on even skill through the team then Adelaide will win but as last year it is not about that. It is all about pressure and how teams setup bit if Richmond play like the first half they will get smashed. Cant just hack the ball back to Adelaide their forward line will score too easily.
Logic says the crows but last year gives the tigers hope.

Tiger fans, I'm coming over for the big one and I'm staying in Richmond. Am I safe? Lol

Wear a turnip in your belt. It is a sign you are under the protection of a local.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adelaide will get bent over by the umps.
This bandwagon can't be stopped now.
It's the Dogs all over again.
What a joke.
Not necessarily. Adelaide may completely cut them up with their transition from half back, if that happens the Crows forwards are far too good to be stopped. I can guarantee Richmond will be going the scrap early, they'll be wanting to drag the game down to that level where they can beat up the crows at stoppages.

Adelaide won't take it lying down, but they're better when they can rip you apart rebounding. I think in the first quarter against Geelong they scored all their goals from turnovers?

Thw two most consistent sides this year playing off in a grand final. Think the Crows will win but the key for Richmond will be to make the game more contested. If it is open and free flowing, Adelaide will win by a fair margin.

Tigers must wear the clash jumper and may not have Cotchin. On the bright side Cotchin wouldn't have to wear the clash jumper then. So there's that. :p

Well if you only read Victorian media you would think that way. If you think Richmond are the better side you haven't watched footy this year
Crows are the better team for mine but Richmond have learned to play hard, consistent footy and are on a roll and full of belief so makes it an interesting game. Yet, the crows also have a tough recent history to help them rise to the occasion, so it's full of imponderables. Both these teams have toughened up as the year has gone on, so worthy finalists.
Can't pick the winner! Prefer a tigers win but won't mind the crows either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back