Fantasy 2017 - Alpha Dynasty Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Am I the only one that thinks that re-drafting Treadwell in the early 3rd is a reach?

I know that I don't have the greatest resume in terms of evaluating WRs but I was never a big fan of his prior to the draft, and his inability to get on the field for the Vikes when they needed WRs last season doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that he'll pan out

Am I the only one that thinks that re-drafting Treadwell in the early 3rd is a reach?

I know that I don't have the greatest resume in terms of evaluating WRs but I was never a big fan of his prior to the draft, and his inability to get on the field for the Vikes when they needed WRs last season doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that he'll pan out
Agreed. As I stated in the omega thread about my value formula, top players tend to have immediate good starts to their careers. Out of the gate. Year 1 like 1,000 yards or close, and year two onwards is like that the whole way thru. Someone prove me wrong but imo it's rarer to see for eg a WR have a bad first year stats-wise and then become a top WR stats-wise year two onwards.

TL;DR = Treadwell is/will be a bust

Just turned 22. I'm prepared to take a chance on him, with only 1 wr slot available it was a pretty easy choice over other guys I was considering.
You wouldn't have cut him last season if you thought he wasn't a frustrating rookie selection. Too soon? :p

Yep, would much rather Samuel.

Agreed. As I stated in the omega thread about my value formula, top players tend to have immediate good starts to their careers. Out of the gate. Year 1 like 1,000 yards or close, and year two onwards is like that the whole way thru. Someone prove me wrong but imo it's rarer to see for eg a WR have a bad first year stats-wise and then become a top WR stats-wise year two onwards.

TL;DR = Treadwell is/will be a bust

Antonio Brown? There's been quite a few. Welker. Isaac Bruce.

Didnt you impose a cap?
He recommended, suggested a cap. No more than 2 first rounders. Not sure if he had a cap on total.

To be honest, I think it's an interesting idea, everyone has six picks, where you're located, and see how well you go.
Just it's anti-trading, anti-excitement and controversy. But it's interesting.

If it causes a problem then just limit picks to 8-10 per draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree with Balmain. Who cares? If some people want to trade players and/or picks to acquire more, or if they want to trade picks for players, it's all different tactics. Shouldn't constrain tactics, but encourage difference of philosophy/approach.

I am sure TGBB merely suggested a cap on 1st rounders, and in some ways it can seem farcical (both Empire and Alpha) when someone has four first rounders. But again, not opposed to it. Just saying it can seem farcical.

Still, it'd be interesting to devise some kind of new draft system, just for a trial run next year.

Gimme a few minutes to fire up that 200+ IQ and I'll come up with a weird/interesting suggestion.

First quick suggestion....say for 2019 (because everyone has their full six picks)....

Rounds 1-3 are rookie only rounds, and no one can trade their picks away. People seeing how well they can do.
Rounds 4-6 are vets and rookies, and people can trade their picks in these rounds.

If people want to trade a stud, like say, Mike Evans, who normally fetch 1st/2nd rounders, then it can only be player(s) for player(s) type trades allowed. So, if if this were 2019, and I wanted to trade Evans to Wizard, we'd have to work out some player for player(s) exchange.
But fringe players can be traded for picks in the 4th-6th rounds.

Second quick suggestion.....

Just like TGBB suggested, people cannot have more than 2 picks in the first, let's say, two rounds. So people can still trade stud players for 1sts/2nds, but you can only own two picks in the first and/or second rounds. Then from rounds 3-6, it's as per normal, do what you want.

Don't think I suggested limit of 2 first rounders. I suggested a limit of say 10 picks in total.

I don't think gg aim is to win the league but just pick sleepers. I mean to have 12 picks, nearly a third of list in this shit draft is just ridiculous.

Don't think I suggested limit of 2 first rounders. I suggested a limit of say 10 picks in total.

I don't think gg aim is to win the league but just pick sleepers. I mean to have 12 picks, nearly a third of list in this shit draft is just ridiculous.
As I said before, I'm re-doing my Alpha team. So much crap on the roster at the moment, so I'm taking a calculated punt on certain rookies I think will be good ones.

I had a year in Alpha, about 4 or 5 years ago, when I drafted a huge amount of picks too, re-did my team, and that team of mostly rookies came third in Alpha, lost in the playoffs. The Baby Riders I called them.

I'm aiming to do the same this year. I've put far more analysis and scouting into this years draft than I have in previous years. I've literally pawed over tape for over 100 players so far. Really pulling out all the stops to minimize the bad/wrong picks.

Trust in GG, trust the process. I am very confident in my efforts this year that I'll nail far more than I don't.

And.....next year onward, I won't be mass-trading those good players for the hell of it, to play NFL GM again....just throwing good players away for picks. But I need to clean the roster out and start over. I'm the Jets of Alpha this year.
Bullshit last year you had a dozen picks in the 5th and 6th rounds. Ken Farrow? Beau Sandland? Not one of those duds will play.

Last year's draft effort by me was me only scouting a handful of players and throwing a dart at sleepers. Me over-indulging on sleepers. Remember how I'd take sleepers too high/early in Alpha for a number of years? That's not happening this year so far.

Omega and so far Alpha, there have been no "sleepers" picked. The two UDFA QBs were very late in the Omega draft. But otherwise, all calculated top choices. I haven't reached there or here....yet.

Just, put your mind at ease tonight, when you lay down to sleep, inhale and exhale slow deep breaths, forget the past, and say to yourself over and over....I DO trust GG this year. I DO trust GG this year.

Until you suddenly fall asleep and have a wonderful night's sleep and wake up tomorrow all refreshed. And as you walk around tomorrow in your day, carry a little smirk, a little twinkle in your eye, saying, "I am open to being surprised this year, GG is gonna deliver the goods. I can't wait to give him a mid-season and then end-of-season review of his drafts, hoping/believing I'll be surprised."

Remove this Banner Ad

Fantasy 2017 - Alpha Dynasty Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back