List Mgmt. 2017 Draft Discussion (cont in Pt 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing that worries me about Fogarty is he’s a manling that’s been monstering people from the looks of highlights videos, but hasn’t dominated this year like he did in previous years. Makes me wonder if his age class have caught up physically and if a bit the edge he had over his competition is gone and therefore will definitely be gone at AFL level.

Just thinking out loud here really

He was injured so couldn't show as much though, still a risk but he's got a lot of Powell Pepper like grunt.

I was at Glenelg Oval when he played his 1st SANFL game.
Only got roughly 15 possessions,but everything he done was classy and has a booming kick.
Got a minor knee injury a short while later that affected his Football,for a decent period.
Not sure if he is on our radar,but i would be happy if we used 7 or 8 on him,just from watching one of his games

It's his kicking especially under pressure that stands out to me, also good second efforts by the look of it.

It's his kicking especially under pressure that stands out to me, also good second efforts by the look of it.
Will have Dunstan to help him with the move from SA aswell. Couldn’t think of anyone better tbh.

Looks good. Might be a go home factor though compared to all the Vics available around same mark?

I think he's a country lad so going home is not Adelaide anyway. It's the bull factor, he's got something about him that just seems too good to pass up if he's there. He's not what we need, he's not really a proven mid even, he's from SA, he's been injured .....but he's got something pretty special about him too. Richmond have way too many smaller forwards on their list and it hasn't really hurt them. He's got the Dusty thing with his strength and ability to take players on and his disposal looks elite of both feet. If he's still there it's going to be hard to say no.

Would love Cerra and Coffield but that seems unlikely.
Who would you rather have?

A: Stephenson and Fogerty
B: Stephenson and Clark
C:: Clark and Fogerty

Would love Cerra and Coffield but that seems unlikely.
Who would you rather have?

A: Stephenson and Fogerty
B: Stephenson and Clark
C:: Clark and Fogerty
A

A.
And if one of them wasn't available ,i'd rather Brayshaw than Clarke.

I like Stevo and Foges but Bradshaw leaves me cold, Hunter all the way. Has more X factor.

I love this thread...

For years the great majority has been whinging that all we do is draft flankers and try and turn them into midfielders, now the collective is losing their minds over Fogarty, Bonar, Stephenson, Coffield and Clark and suggesting Brayshaw is too boring to draft.

Guess who the only genuine full-time midfielder is of that lot.

For those who want Brayshaw, what doe he do that looks so good? I'm struggling to see it. Looks rushed, average disposal etc. LOB isn't a popular player but looks a heap classier in comparison.

Brayshaw
LOB

He was a gun flanker who decided to make himself an isnide mid.

Was the most prolific midfielder for Dandy and that midfield contained campaigners like LDU in it.

Struggled to get his kicking right at the start cause it was a new position but worked it out.

Has a damaging kick in the best of times where he has time and space.

Is a quickish campaigner, definitely good on the burst. Decently sized, 186 and 80kg, can definitely put on 5kg.

Best aspect about his is the competitiveness and how much he wants to improve. He got injured in under 12's and taught himself how to kick of his left foot and then when he played scrubs he only used his left foot. Mad dog, 100% want
The comparisons with Sloane are not far off the mark

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love this thread...

For years the great majority has been whinging that all we do is draft flankers and try and turn them into midfielders, now the collective is losing their minds over Fogarty, Bonar, Stephenson, Coffield and Clark and suggesting Brayshaw is too boring to draft.

He's not that good and he's an inside mid though, we really need outside run and carry. LOB, would be better suited to needs- we don't have a pick in his range though.

Steele, Dustan, Koby, Steven, Ross and Armo are all capable of playing inside mid/ rover type roles. We need someone who can play a rangy, get on their bike type like Gaff. I reckon Hunter Clark could play that role. Brayshaw not so much.

I love this thread...

Vanilla like Lenny Hayes.

I'm guessing you haven't seen him play live?

No but I haven't seen any games or highlights that show me why he's top 10? The all stars game he was quite good in the first quarter then nearly stopped playing and the Allies metro game he seemed to be average. Obviously others rate him so he can't be shit, I just don't see it though. What does he do that's so good?

For those who want Brayshaw, what doe he do that looks so good? I'm struggling to see it. Looks rushed, average disposal etc. LOB isn't a popular player but looks a heap classier in comparison.

Brayshaw
LOB

Just so I understand, your analysis is based solely on a single game 2 minute highlight clip? Even if I just think about it in the context of these 2 clips...Brayshaw still looks the better player, so I'm not sure what you're on about. Cleaner with the ball, operates well in traffic, and looks a much better kick. LOB's kicks look slow to reach their target, arriving a bit late, which will get exposed at the next level.

He's not that good and he's an inside mid though, we really need outside run and carry. LOB, would be better suited to needs- we don't have a pick in his range though.

Steele, Dustan, Koby, Steven, Ross and Armo are all capable of playing inside mid/ rover type roles. We need someone who can play a rangy, get on their bike type like Gaff. I reckon Hunter Clark could play that role. Brayshaw not so much.
I don’t necessarily disagree with you, but Clark came to prominence as a back flanker and spent his impressive midfield time as an inside type.

The salient point is that the board doesn’t seem to know it’s arse from it’s elbow sometimes.

No but I haven't seen any games or highlights that show me why he's top 10? The all stars game he was quite good in the first quarter then nearly stopped playing and the Allies metro game he seemed to be average. Obviously others rate him so he can't be shit, I just don't see it though. What does he do that's so good?

Did you watch the tac cup gf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back