Prediction 2017 Free Agency & Trading - go to the Gibbs thread if you wish to discuss Gibbs!!!

Who do you think the Crows will get during the 2017 trade period?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
how can you say most? There are maybe only two players in the league that I can think of that do it regularly. Greenwood and Selwood both get onto a few good possies going the other way most of the time.

the random spud that bobs up to hang onto Sloane when we play them doesn't get the job week in week out against other opponents.

Eaxctly. There arent many left in the game.

When they do tag, which is not often, they don't really get that much the other way. On a normal day they have the ability to do their fair share.

For instance when Vince tagged Sloane earlier this year. Vince came up with 14 disposals at 65% but with 5 clangers. Not really hurting us the other way. Sloane was restricted to 11 @ 45%, so this is obviously where it hurt.

Liked Pyke's response to the Cameron question. Without knowing what circumstances there might be and if they are extreme I might feel a bit different but if players want to be paid like professional athletes, want the free agency rights like other pro athletes, then it also goes the other way.

Especially when Brisbane get involved and it starts feeling like they are trying to get a deal or create an opportunity.

Quote from the Pyke article on Fagan.

"It's unusual you would see comments about players who are under contract.

"I don't think it's appropriate you talk about players at other clubs that are under contract."

So what has his club and his players been doing about Gibbs the past year and a half? Bit of the pot calling the kettle black IMO.

Trade Whisperer big "bombshell". Blues offering Tom Lynch (Gold Coast one) the Captaincy and $2 million a year.
Wow. I would have thought Carlton would've learnt from the last time they brought in a big name player from another club and instantly gave them the captaincy...

So what has his club and his players been doing about Gibbs the past year and a half? Bit of the pot calling the kettle black IMO.

Yeh but we didn't ask for your uneducated opinion.

The club hasn't commented publicly on wanting Gibbs. Only minimalist answers when probed by the media for a story.

Gibbs requested a trade whilst contracted, so a deal didn't get done because there needs be an overpayment for the player...

We didn't come out mid year and announce it like a peacocking flog. Gibbs announced he wanted to come home during trade week, and we said we would try and facilitate a trade. Completely differently to The silver surfers comments. If Cameron said he wanted to leave then it's a different story. As he hasn't and it's still in season it's disrespectful.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When did we comment on it mid season?

Only time club has spoken about it was off season during trade talks.

When specifically asked about it during this year we have always deflected it and said it will be discussed end of year.

Quote from the Pyke article on Fagan. So what has his club and his players been doing about Gibbs the past year and a half? Bit of the pot calling the kettle black IMO.
Do you understand the difference between a club talking about a contracted player that has requested a trade DURING the trade period ... and a club talking about a contracted player in-season a few weeks before one of the most important finals series for our club in two decades?

I know the Lions are nearly done for the year, but Fagan should know better ... even if Lion's fans don't.

Exactly! And Fagan merely responded to a question. It's not like he or anyone of us are entertaining the notion that it could happen.

No it's not, I expect a lot people will bring this up though.
No one from the AFC has talked about Gibbs during the season, only time it was mentioned was during trade period.

No it's not, I expect a lot people will bring this up though.
No one from the AFC has talked about Gibbs during the season, only time it was mentioned was during trade period.

Are you sure about that? This happened less than 6 weeks ago.

SAM Jacobs has offered another invite to Carlton star and close friend Bryce Gibbs to join him at Adelaide next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back