2017 Ladder Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Highly unlikely Roo kicks 10 next time
True, but maybe it will be Bruce, McCartin or Membrey cashing in instead and next time around we may have Carlisle, Hickey, McCartin, Brown, Stevens, Dunstan, Webster, Gresham and Steele (probably 9 of our best 24 or 25) available to us (none of whom played in R23), while you have lost Hanley and Merrett from that team that had 160 points kicked against them!

1. GWS
2. Sydney
3. Adelaide
4. Bulldogs
5. Melbourne
6. Hawthorn
7. Saints
8. Geelong
9. West Coast
10. Port Adelaide
11. Essendon
12. Fremantle
13. Collingwood
14. Gold Coast
15. North Melbourne
16. Richmond
17. Carlton
18. Brisbane

True, but maybe it will be Bruce, McCartin or Membrey cashing in instead and next time around we may have Carlisle, Hickey, McCartin, Brown, Stevens, Dunstan, Webster, Gresham and Steele (probably 9 of our best 24 or 25) available to us (none of whom played in R23), while you have lost Hanley and Merrett from that team that had 160 points kicked against them!
I think you're forgetting we had players out too but anyway we honestly didn't really take the game seriously last year because we kicked 8 of the last 10 goals most times our games are really close it could be our time to beat you it will depend on how serious Fagan will take he's first season at the helm and decide if it's a development year or not

Last edited:

I think you're forgetting we had players out too but anyway we honestly didn't really take the game seriously last year because we kicked 8 of the last 10 goals most times our games are really close it could be our time to beat you it will depend on how serious Fagan will take he's first season at the helm and decide if it's a development year or not
Bris only run 2nd to ess posters in the over rating their team in the off season. 2016 thread is proof.

Lot of thought. Saints to break through. Fremantle to make a comeback.Melbourne to make a joke of themselves.

1. GWS
2. Sydney
3. Adelaide
4. Bulldogs
5. West Coast
6. Saints
7. Fremantle
8. Geelong
9. Port Adelaide
10. Hawthorn
11. Essendon
12. Mebourne
13. Collingwood
14. Gold Coast
15. North Melbourne
16. Richmond
17. Carlton
18. Brisbane

I think you're forgetting we had players out too
I'm sure you did have some out and will add some over the offseason, but are they the equivalent of Hanley (I won't include Merrett, because Fisher has retired for us and they cancel each other out), Carlisle, Hickey, McCartin, Brown, Stevens, Dunstan, Webster, Gresham and Steele? I suspect not. In fact the only ones of note I'd say that were missing were Beams, Christensen, Schache and McStay and I don't remember you having added much in the trade period that will immediately improve you, or cancel out the loss of Hanley.

You may improve from the outset, Carlton under Bolton-style, but improving enough to win interstate is a big call.

but anyway we honestly didn't really take the game seriously last year because we kicked 8 of the last 10 goals
Which game, the R23 game we were talking about? If so, of the last 10 goals, it was 5 each and we kicked 7 of the last 12, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there.

That was also during the period when we were trying to get the ball to Riewoldt at all costs, to get him to 10 goals, so we were kicking it to him when he was outnumbered about 3-1 and when we had others standing on their own nearby. Most of your backline just went to Riewoldt, as they knew we would just kick it to him, and it made it very easy for you to defend, then run it up the other end and score.

Not sure about you, but I was there and would say you did actually take the game plenty seriously, as I was impressed by how much you fought it out to the very end and didn't roll over at any time. Also, the fact that it was very noticeable how much our intensity went up after Riewoldt kicked his 9th goal (with everyone trying to get him his 10th), emphasised just how much we'd been cruising prior to that. So if you think it was us busting a gut all game long and you guys just taking the piss, you'd be very wrong.

Also evidence that we were hardly taking it super-seriously was when late in the game Blake Acres took a mark about 15m out, right in front and kicked it 20m backwards to David Armitage (who led hard from inside the centre-square to take the mark 40m out!) so that Armo could kick a goal in his 150th game. You wouldn't do something like that in a fit if you were taking things anywhere near super-seriously.

Last edited:
My initial thoughts, would like to be able to do a ladder predictor and revise but this will have to do for now.

Footscray
GWS
Geelong
Saints
Swans
Melbourne
Adelaide
Hawthorn
Essendon
Fremantle
WCE
Richmond
GC
Port
North
Collingwood
Carlton
Brisbane

Lot of thought. Saints to break through. Fremantle to make a comeback.Melbourne to make a joke of themselves.

1. GWS
2. Sydney
3. Adelaide
4. Bulldogs
5. West Coast
6. Saints
7. Fremantle
8. Geelong
9. Port Adelaide
10. Hawthorn
11. Essendon
12. Mebourne
13. Collingwood
14. Gold Coast
15. North Melbourne
16. Richmond
17. Carlton
18. Brisbane

Surprised you last till today on this account @AdamH

Surprised you last till today on this account @AdamH
On second thoughts, it might not actually be Adam, but that other guy that was on here a year or two ago (with a username of random looking capital letters) with the same MO of derailing threads by pumping everyone on our list up off the charts and who most of us realised by the end probably doesn't even barrack for us, but was instead probably trolling and trying to make us look bad by association.

Like Adam on crack. Or an Adam parody account.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On second thoughts, it might not actually be Adam, but that other guy that was on here a year or two ago (with a username of random looking capital letters) with the same MO of derailing threads by pumping everyone on our list up off the charts and who most of us realised by the end probably doesn't even barrack for us, but was instead probably trolling and trying to make us look bad by association.

Like Adam on crack.

Like a certain PersonOfEarth I think ;)

Definitely an alias, I remember another St.Kilda account that continually called Melbourne soft on the main board.

Like Adam on crack. Or an Adam parody account.

That guy was much funnier than Adam. I appreciated his work, sometimes too subtle for his audience.

GWS
Adel
Sydney
WB

Geelong
Haw
Richmond
St.Kilda
Ess
Melb
WCE
NM
Coll
Freo
Port
Carl
GC
Bris

The bold I'm quite sure will be play finals, and I think Brisbane will struggle again. From Geelong down to Port I actually think if things go their way any of them could sneak into the 8, and I think Carlton and Gold Coast could dobetterthan I 've suggested but dont think will play finals.

Anyone want to predict their 2037 ladder?
Tha gap between the rich and the poor grows and Australia has 30% unemployment. The AFL goes bankrupt in 2030, unable to keep up with stadium costs and debts owed to public relations consultants. At this time all of the interstate clubs join their local amateur leagues. Hawthorn are now part of the Northern Tasmanian League and North are part of the Southern Tasmanian League. The roads have deteriorated and the Nigerian company that owns the public transport system has priced out the middle classes so Geelong decide to play in their local league. Melbourne are the only club with enough money to join the lucrative Private Schools League and lose to Scotch College in the grand final. Paddy Dangerfield Jnr wins the best on ground. The remaining clubs form the Down Memory Lane League. Collingwood are the quickest to adapt to the amateur game. Due to the decline of eating out and the fall of Lygon St Carlton are just happy to be a part of the league.

Collingwood
Essendon
Richmond
Footscray
St Kilda
Carlton

Fremantle to play finals instead of West Coast.

too many question marks over Fremantle for me to put them in the the 8

1. can Sandliands, Johnson and Bennell remain on the park?
2. can Fremantle kick a big enough score consistently?
3. do Fremantle have enough players who can be trusted to move the ball out of defence by foot?

Tha gap between the rich and the poor grows and Australia has 30% unemployment. The AFL goes bankrupt in 2030, unable to keep up with stadium costs and debts owed to public relations consultants. At this time all of the interstate clubs join their local amateur leagues. Hawthorn are now part of the Northern Tasmanian League and North are part of the Southern Tasmanian League. The roads have deteriorated and the Nigerian company that owns the public transport system has priced out the middle classes so Geelong decide to play in their local league. Melbourne are the only club with enough money to join the lucrative Private Schools League and lose to Scotch College in the grand final. Paddy Dangerfield Jnr wins the best on ground. The remaining clubs form the Down Memory Lane League. Collingwood are the quickest to adapt to the amateur game. Due to the decline of eating out and the fall of Lygon St Carlton are just happy to be a part of the league.

Collingwood
Essendon
Richmond
Footscray
St Kilda
Carlton
:eek: Optimist

too many question marks over Fremantle for me to put them in the the 8

1. can Sandliands, Johnson and Bennell remain on the park?
2. can Fremantle kick a big enough score consistently?
3. do Fremantle have enough players who can be trusted to move the ball out of defence by foot?

Bennell needs to get to the park before he can stay on it.

I know we hold a special place in your heart Billy but surely nobody touches the tigs for off season premature expectation
You may want to take a look at the predictions from the Tiger and Ess posters. Most Tiger posters have their team outside the 8 yet the ess mainly have their team in. Last year maybe - not this year.

GWS
Geelong
Sydney
Western Bulldogs
Melbourne
Adelaide
St Kilda
West Coast

Hawthorn
Port Adelaide
Essendon
Fremantle
Carlton
Collingwood
Richmond
Brisbane
North Melbourne
Gold Coast
You do know that North have a very easy draw in 2017?

They also play 3 games in Hobart (great record there).

Their coach literally attempts mediocrity.

They've upgraded their captain (by a big margin).

They've gotten rid of deadwood and recruited a couple of potential B graders.

Yes, they still have a few embarrassing senior players, a stale coaching staff and one of the worst coaches in the game but they won't be finishing bottom 4.

You could put your house on 9-13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back