Mega Thread 2017 Media Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How chunky is Willie Rioli too! The funny thing is he's also 22!! Not even a genuine young player. Don't get me wrong, nothing against him, but they're talking him up. I saw highlights of him on Eagle Vision before the derby game and he's not just a tad over weight, he's just fat!

The cliff the Eagles are about to fall off is going to be super spectacular. They have 14 regular players over 28 years of age! We see in our own team the significant drop in players like Ibbo, Spurr, Johnson but my golly they'll... well fall off a cliff like I said.

Their young ones pushing up from underneath are just not getting games at all.
From what I've heard, unfortunately for Willie, he's prone to putting on weight very quickly, so much so that even being a month on the sidelines, the change is noticeable when he comes back. Talented player who trains hard when on the track, but not great at keeping the wight off when injured or over preseason.

From what I've heard, unfortunately for Willie, he's prone to putting on weight very quickly, so much so that even being a month on the sidelines, the change is noticeable when he comes back. Talented player who trains hard when on the track, but not great at keeping the wight off when injured or over preseason.

Why is he not working during the off-season and while hes injured then?
Its just a lack of dedication.

There is absolutely no reason to be putting on weight while injured unless you have a dual upper/lower injury (i.e. shoulder and knee).
You can always swim, ride or lift unless your dealing with a couple of ailments.

Brad Green? Nathan Jones? Mark Jamar? Yet Neeld gave the captaincy to two teenagers (or almost).
Well obviously every team has senior players. Melbourne's weren't great.
Their AA Captain, James McDonald went alright. As far as leadership goes, but nah lets give the captaincy to a couple of green kids in Jack Trengove & Jack Grimes. And delist their captain & spiritual leader so they have vastly less experience to draw from. Start swimming boys!

Why is he not working during the off-season and while hes injured then?
Its just a lack of dedication.

There is absolutely no reason to be putting on weight while injured unless you have a dual upper/lower injury (i.e. shoulder and knee).
You can always swim, ride or lift unless your dealing with a couple of ailments.
Suspect it's probably more about the "Calories in" rather than the "Calories out". Lack of dedication sums it up regardless

Which indigenous player was it who kept putting on weight, and his club didn't know why until they found out he'd been getting stuck into the turtle steaks every time he went home?

Which indigenous player was it who kept putting on weight, and his club didn't know why until they found out he'd been getting stuck into the turtle steaks every time he went home?
The current Motlop has come back to day 1 of the new season overweight more than once. Fev was a repeat offender back in the day as well.

Sampi?

Relton Roberts was the hamburger man. I thought it was Dean Rioli who ate the turtle steaks back in the Tiwi Islands during the off season, but not 100% sure.

View attachment 394208
Hey guys.
Me and a couple mates launched WA FAN TV at the derby. Got a fair bit of time with Fremantle and Eagles fans before and after the game. Just asked for thoughts on the game and on a couple of hot topics flying around the clubs at the moment. The page has been met with a great response from almost a couple hundred people.

If you'd like to check us out just hop on facebook and search WA FAN TV and drop us a like and let us know what you think! Actually met a couple dudes who are active on these forums and suggested that this might float afew peoples boats here

https://www.facebook.com/WAFANTV/

If you enjoy the page or think its a good idea please share it around and let your footy mates know.
Footy doesnt exist without fans and true fan opinion does not get enough exposure.

keep an eye out for us at all Eagles and Dockers home games and be sure to have your voice heard

Cheers!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Posted it 4 times in 3 different threads, that's probably enough

Willie has the typical Rioli build.

Ever since Sebbie played his first game at Souths, all the following Rioli's have been very rolly.

Sebbie was nicknamed "The Keg", due to his shape.

No one should be surprised but Mark Duffield stated on the ABC today that he is a Fremantle supporter.

Little bit unusual for a journo of such high standing to state this, but I still hear people having a go at him for being biased against the club. He is of course critical when he sees issues and it's his job but he is far more even handed than a lot of the flogs I could refer to.

No one should be surprised but Mark Duffield stated on the ABC today that he is a Fremantle supporter.

Little bit unusual for a journo of such high standing to state this, but I still hear people having a go at him for being biased against the club. He is of course critical when he sees issues and it's his job but he is far more even handed than a lot of the flogs I could refer to.

Maybe because he is a supporter he feels he can be more critical. No different to any of us on these threads when we're down by 2 goals early in a game!

I don't think I've seen a more dejected man than Adam Simpson in his presser tonight. Brought a tear to my eye.

Yes I probably enjoyed the interview a little too much. Really struggling and will now have to start playing da yoof instead of pretending.

You really didn't need to be too smart to work out a midfield of Pridda and Mitchell would be too slow on so many occasions. A very large axing of players next year is the only solution but a least they have decent key position players to build around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back