2017 Membership: All for One

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys, I hope you get more members than GWS this year. Do you have three game memberships? Because if you do I will buy one.
They reckon GWS will reach 20,000 this year - we may just scrape past - but climb on board, every bit helps.

They reckon GWS will reach 20,000 this year - we may just scrape past - but climb on board, every bit helps.

Ok officially a "loyal lion" so your tally should be 16,999 now. Good luck for the year, I can't help but think Brisbane is getting the rough end of the pineapple in terms of fixture and the like, so hope they can turn things around.

I'm in the same boat. I really want to support the club (with my money) but they're making it very difficult.

I've signed up for the free access to the new and improved Watch AFL and I must say it is a thousand times better! Streaming quality is smooth and with higher clarity. The website and app are much more user friendly as well!
I think every international lions supporter is in the same boat! really frustrating that they can't get it together. I actually wrote to the club last week to see what's going on and I got a reply saying they were still waiting for the AFL to finalise the Global Lion membership. Seems very odd that every other club (except Melbourne) has has their equivalent membership available for at least since the beginning of the AFLW... seems to me that someone at the lions didn't submit the appropriate forms in time. I can't imagine anything at the AFL that would approve a membership package for 16 clubs and hold back on the Lions.

Yep this. Digital Membership not up either still.

Will probably now just do it through the AFL app again if the digital memberships are not up in a couple days. Other clubs have it sorted. I want to become a member (but I live no-where near Lions matches and don't have too much money to fling around on non-access memberships), but I also want to watch AFL. Was hoping to kill two birds with one stone...C'mon Lions, gotta sort this stuff out in the future. Losing easy members potentially.

I got an email on Feb 3 saying "Digital Memberships on sale!"

The text, however, only seems to refer to "Digital Booster". Maybe look for that instead?

The AFL have just released digital memberships for 2017 – giving you an all-access pass to catch all the updates and action from anywhere in Australia, and watch every AFL game live!

Just like the team song, it’s ‘All For One’ and we need you back on board with your DigitalBooster in 2017. It's the ultimate modern day upgrade that will keep you connected wherever you are! Highlights below:

Digital Booster - $70.00
• Stream every AFL game LIVE, including the 2017 Toyota AFL Finals Series and Grand Final to your tablet or mobile device
• Access AFLTV 24 Hour Channel including highlights video and press conferences
• Watch full match replays on demand

To purchase, click HERE and log on to your myLions account using your details at top of email.

Bear in mind the digital memberships for AFL live on iPads are now reduced screen size-7" only. I don't mind that they've removed the ability to transfer it to the TV as that was a little cheeky, but not being full iPad size makes it barely watchable. And I've already paid for the season. Bastards.

For me it looks like paying $30 a month for Foxtel Play and getting the cricket, or using Watch AFL via a VPN and getting the foot in HD.

I got an email on Feb 3 saying "Digital Memberships on sale!"

The text, however, only seems to refer to "Digital Booster". Maybe look for that instead?
PSA - follow the "click here" link. It works. Can purchase the virtual membership.

Lions site still showing the Virtual and Global memberships as "coming soon" when you're browsing the packages on the membership site - https://membership.lions.com.au/non-access. Poor form of the digital team to have their site like this on the first weekend of the pre-season series. Losing easy money and potential members.

Just got my first membership. In past years I would just buy tickets whenever I felt like going but I thought I'd support the team in these rough times, I just got a 3 game membership (will probably go to more games but I didn't want to commit to a whole season). Looking forward to cheering on the boys!

PSA - follow the "click here" link. It works. Can purchase the virtual membership.

Lions site still showing the Virtual and Global memberships as "coming soon" when you're browsing the packages on the membership site - https://membership.lions.com.au/non-access. Poor form of the digital team to have their site like this on the first weekend of the pre-season series. Losing easy money and potential members.

Wouldn't work for me for whatever reason

Just got my first membership. In past years I would just buy tickets whenever I felt like going but I thought I'd support the team in these rough times, I just got a 3 game membership (will probably go to more games but I didn't want to commit to a whole season). Looking forward to cheering on the boys!
GA for the full season is $185 or $155 concession

Assuming you're adult, it pays itself off even if you attend just 8 out of 11

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah probably should've done that but meh its already done

8/11 is still almost 3 times the commitment you've made so it's still a smart choice in my view.

You'll probably get hooked though, 3 game memberships are a gateway drug

So just got the email from the club regarding qclash round 1. Went through everything to sign up for it. Now its gone to surveymonkey site. So am i registered or no.

So just got the email from the club regarding qclash round 1. Went through everything to sign up for it. Now its gone to surveymonkey site. So am i registered or no.

Ah cool, so season members get free entry just by scanning their card.

That's a great initiative from the club. Not sure what seating that entitles us to, probably just general admission.

Ah cool, so season members get free entry just by scanning their card.

That's a great initiative from the club. Not sure what seating that entitles us to, probably just general admission.
Im just a gen admission member anyways. I was heading down anyways but now I don't need to give the enemy any of my money haha.

Im just a gen admission member anyways. I was heading down anyways but now I don't need to give the enemy any of my money haha.

I was almost about to buy my tickets before I read this thread. Lucky I did.

Can someone let me know if the AFLW membership equals anything more than a donation?
I purchased one to support the women's team, although I have no idea what I am entitled to as I'm still yet to receive the membership pack.

Either way, I'm not overly fussed given I was happy just to financially support the new team that makes up our great club.

I purchased one to support the women's team, although I have no idea what I am entitled to as I'm still yet to receive the membership pack.

Either way, I'm not overly fussed given I was happy just to financially support the new team that makes up our great club.

That's weird, I got the women's membership pack a while ago. It's exactly the same as the men's minus the poncho from memory. Think you get a keyring as well

Ha now I've got to work out how he's doing it! Thanks!
i looked he mirrors the iPad to the TV and uses the camera from the iPad to video the iphone in front.
Bit pissed this year the ipad is not fullscreen anymore as fox cracked it can only be 7 inch wide now :(

Melb lions supporter we get our 1 game on FTA down here a year the rest of the time I use the iPad.

The traditional vic lions is 6 games plus 5 gabba games I cannot go to.
Seeing we end up with one of those games kids sick or something its really hard to justify.
no idea why they do not do a Vic 3 games one.

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 Membership: All for One

Remove this Banner Ad

Back