Membership 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Knowing our last quarter record they would probably stay šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦
That is why I had us so far in front... we will never feel safe in this finals series unless we are 10 goals up a couple of minutes into the 4th quarter.

I think it is going to be a nail biting ride for us in September.

That is why I had us so far in front... we will never feel safe in this finals series unless we are 10 goals up a couple of minutes into the 4th quarter.

I think it is going to be a nail biting ride for us in September.
Over time I've adapted the Leigh Matthews rule to be however many goals in front, less one minute.

So with our 20 point lead on Saturday night (which stayed that way for basically the last 10-15 minutes) I felt safe once we got inside the last 2:20. But not until then!

I think the only game to break this rule lately is the ridiculous Port v Hawthorn game in Adelaide, where Port kicked 2 goals in the last 22 seconds.

Yep - have been sent to my Lions phone account
Yeah I've been able to access them now via the Ticketmaster app on my phone. Have saved them to my Google wallet so I'll still be able to access them at the entrance in the (highly likely) event of the internet being sheeeiiit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does anyone have a graphic showing each team's membership numbers this year? Have tried looking for such a thing and can't find anything. I'm interested to see how many rungs we've moved up.
Have we still got more than North? Have we managed to go past saints, dogs, or freo?

Why do people have such a hard time believing that we could have that many paid up members?
Are u the type that calls "fAkE nEwS" on anything you can't conceive of?
Whose questioned how many members we have; I havenā€™t.

On the other hand, many people for years, pretty much since all clubs brought in abbreviated memberships that arenā€™t full 11 game members have been questioned or asked for breakdowns of memberships particularly Melbourne clubs who claim to have 100,000 members yet struggle getting 30,000 games.

Do you not think its unwarranted to query what the real numbers are or a breakdown of membership type (eg Lions have country members with no access to games yet are counted, same as our furry friends) or think that the true reflection of membership from year to year could be achieved by membership revenues?

As for the rest of your post; what on earth are you on about or perhaps pull your head out of the sand.

Whose questioned how many members we have; I havenā€™t.

On the other hand, many people for years, pretty much since all clubs brought in abbreviated memberships that arenā€™t full 11 game members have been questioned or asked for breakdowns of memberships particularly Melbourne clubs who claim to have 100,000 members yet struggle getting 30,000 games.

Do you not think its unwarranted to query what the real numbers are or a breakdown of membership type (eg Lions have country members with no access to games yet are counted, same as our furry friends) or think that the true reflection of membership from year to year could be achieved by membership revenues?

As for the rest of your post; what on earth are you on about or perhaps pull your head out of the sand.

Maybe ask yourself what you're on about bcos my post was just querying why people need to make it sound like there's some AFL conspiracy going on about member numbers.

Does anyone have a graphic showing each team's membership numbers this year? Have tried looking for such a thing and can't find anything. I'm interested to see how many rungs we've moved up.
Have we still got more than North? Have we managed to go past saints, dogs, or freo?
I can't find an up to date one either.
I believe August 31st is the cut off time.
Found this when the Lions reached 54k the article dated July 2024. Not sure how accurate it is though.
Official figures probably come out during the final series or just after

1725671516235.png

Clearly a lot have jumped on since 2019 when we became relevant again - let's hope they don't drop off if we drop off.
Thats a guarantee really.
But usually, it takes a few seasons to see the decline.
You can have two average years say just outside the 8 and the numbers drop may not be great.
However, if you continue to go backwards ladder wise that's when things can drop off a lot in a NRL dominate state.

Have not got the membership numbers year on year but they are reflected in the attendance figures.

1725674858992.png

Big ask, but if anyone has a barcode they will not use next week for the Giants game, Iā€™d be eternally grateful to use on your behalf.

Iā€™m based in Sydney and my swans mates are more than keen to put on a lions scarf for the night.

Otherwise Iā€™m riding solo!

Am I reading that members email right, we can buy 4 tickets per membership?

ā€œLimit of four (4) tickets per membership.
You can purchase a maximum of ten (10) tickets in one transaction.
Subject to availability.ā€

You read that correctly. So you can purchase tickets for your Sydney mates yourself, no need to borrow barcodes.

Yep, I'll be flying down and picking up some tickets for mates from Queensland who live in Sydney. Hopefully we can get enough to not be outnumbered too badly by the Giants fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Membership 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back