NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor bastard....

--------------

Roberto Aguayo starts on wrong foot with Bears, missing 49-yard FG

Posted by Charean Williams on August 20, 2017, 4:37 PM EDT

6138373682-e1503261419833.jpg

Getty Images

Roberto Aguayo‘s stay in Chicago might prove shorter than he had hoped. The kicker started on the wrong foot with his new team, missing a 49-yarder at Arizona on Saturday night.

I just jumped on it,” Aguayo said, via Rich Campbell of the Chicago Tribune. “I didn’t contact it as good as I wanted to.”

The Buccaneers cut Aguayo on Aug. 12, admitting they made a mistake in trading up in the second round in 2016 to take the former Florida State kicker. He missed an extra point and a 47-yard field goal in the Bucs’ preseason opener, leading to his release.

The Bears claimed Aguayo off waivers to compete with Connor Barth. So far, so bad for Aguayo.

“At the end of the day it’s my job to get it in,” Aguayo said. “We’ll go back and work on that rhythm this week. That’s all you can say, really.”

Aguayo did hit an extra point in a 24-23 victory over the Cardinals, but Barth made his only field-goal attempt, a 42-yarder, and two extra points.

“I just slowed down and stayed smooth, and it went through,” Aguayo said of his extra point. “You’ve got to look at the positive things too. Kickoffs went well, and I’ve just got to keep going.”

NFL.com reports Jaguars DE Dante Fowler has been charged with three misdemeanors stemming from his July 18 arrest.

According to court records, Fowler is accused of "punching" a man after a "brief verbal confrontation." He also stepped on the alleged victim's glasses. He has been charged with battery, criminal mischief, and petty theft. Fowler's arraignment is scheduled for September 11, the Monday after Week 1.

Source: NFL.com
Aug 21 - 11:51 AM

Paxton Lynch has lost the Broncos' quarterback battle to Trevor Siemian.

For the second straight year, 2016 first-round pick Lynch was unable to unseat 2015 seventh-rounder Siemian despite superior theoretical tools. Lynch has a big arm and plus athleticism, but he has shown no ability to deliver accurate passes downfield. The Broncos may have to go back to the drawing board at quarterback next offseason. Siemian has a low ceiling, and Lynch isn't cutting it.

The Broncos have named Trevor Siemian their starting quarterback.

As expected. Siemian has outplayed 2016 first-round pick Paxton Lynch since the day Lynch was drafted, and Lynch made no tangible progress in his second NFL training camp. The Broncos envision Siemian as a capped-ceiling placeholder quarterback, but he gives the team its best chance to win now. The Broncos should probably look into acquiring Tyrod Taylor to add more talent to the room. Lynch has shown zero ability to move the offense.

Source: 104.3 The Fan Denver
Aug 21 - 1:29 PM

Paxton Lynch has lost the Broncos' quarterback battle to Trevor Siemian.

For the second straight year, 2016 first-round pick Lynch was unable to unseat 2015 seventh-rounder Siemian despite superior theoretical tools. Lynch has a big arm and plus athleticism, but he has shown no ability to deliver accurate passes downfield. The Broncos may have to go back to the drawing board at quarterback next offseason. Siemian has a low ceiling, and Lynch isn't cutting it.

The Broncos have named Trevor Siemian their starting quarterback.

As expected. Siemian has outplayed 2016 first-round pick Paxton Lynch since the day Lynch was drafted, and Lynch made no tangible progress in his second NFL training camp. The Broncos envision Siemian as a capped-ceiling placeholder quarterback, but he gives the team its best chance to win now. The Broncos should probably look into acquiring Tyrod Taylor to add more talent to the room. Lynch has shown zero ability to move the offense.

Source: 104.3 The Fan Denver
Aug 21 - 1:29 PM

Osweiller>Lynch. Time for horseface to go back to what he does best, pinching other teams talent.

Blockbusting trade btw....

----------

Seahawks acquired T/G Matt Tobin and a 2018 seventh-round pick from the Eagles in exchange for a 2018 fifth-round pick.

Seattle is scrambling for tackle options after losing George Fant. Tobin started at right guard for the 2015 Eagles, showing promise as a run blocker but getting destroyed in pass protection. He was demoted into a deep reserve role last season. Tobin should only be viewed as depth for the Seahawks.

Aug 21 - 5:21 PM

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's more an indictment of his qb evaluation than an endorsement. That a below average 7th has now beat out TWO of his high pick QBs
Two? Lynch and...?

Not to mention he's not a below average 7th rounder. If Lynch had Siemian's year people would be wetting their panties. A below average 7th rounder doesn't start in the NFL

Two? Lynch and...?

Not to mention he's not a below average 7th rounder. If Lynch had Siemian's year people would be wetting their panties. A below average 7th rounder doesn't start in the NFL
Face it, Elway is a bust of a GM. Like RG3 he had one good year (off the back of the previous GMs work/roster) and since then he's failed

Two? Lynch and...?

Osweiller?

A below average 7th rounder starts when your 1st rounder QBOTF busts.

Pretty much all of Elway's offensive skilled position players he has drafted in the early rounds have been a busts;

Lynch, Osweiller, Latimer, Hillman, Ball... All second round or higher. And they are just the ones that come to mind.

As i have said previously, great attractor of talent, can't draft talent for shit though, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

And Siemian never beat him out. I'm not sure what you're getting at

Gee you like twisting conversation points.

My original comment related to you claiming a 7th round QB was good enough to beat out Lynch....I stated that happens when your QB OTF busts.

The Osweiller comment relates to your question on who was the second high pick QB Elway whiffed on.

Gee you like twisting conversation points.

My original comment related to you claiming a 7th round QB was good enough to beat out Lynch....I stated that happens when your QB OTF busts.

The Osweiller comment relates to your question on who was the second high pick QB Elway whiffed on.
Because you come into a conversation and say something completely irrelevant

GG said Siemian had beat out two high picked QB's. He's only beat one

Then you come in an say something completely different and say I twisted the conversation :tearsofjoy:

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back