NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

That's just stupid
The NFL spent years dealing with deflategate bacause the pats made Goodell look dumb.

Fining a team $500K for having too many players getting suspended is nothing more than trying to prevent teams with bad culture making the shield look bad.

Just imagine what would happen to the Vikes if the boat party happened today with social media and sports hot take shows. The players would be thrown out of the league if not the team with how thin skinned the comish is.

The NFL under Tagliabeau were the salad days of the sport from a fan and playing perspective. Goodell has increased the net worth of the league and owners, whilst also over micromanaging it to the point interest is down by almost half. However, no commissioner has had to face so many scandals, legal matters, general economic strife causing millions of people to be poorer, and whatnot as Goodell has had to. Especially these days of social media and internet making everything a fish pond. Can't really put Goodell down given all that.

The NFL spent years dealing with deflategate bacause the pats made Goodell look dumb.

Fining a team $500K for having too many players getting suspended is nothing more than trying to prevent teams with bad culture making the shield look bad.

Just imagine what would happen to the Vikes if the boat party happened today with social media and sports hot take shows. The players would be thrown out of the league if not the team with how thin skinned the comish is.

I'd never heard about that until just then on wiki. Was it really that bad? Doesn't seem like that big of a deal tbh, I'd say stuff like that absolutely goes on now still.

A lot of celebs force attendees to parties like that to sign agreements and hand in their phones prior to events to prevent those issues.

I'd never heard about that until just then on wiki. Was it really that bad? Doesn't seem like that big of a deal tbh, I'd say stuff like that absolutely goes on now still.

A lot of celebs force attendees to parties like that to sign agreements and hand in their phones prior to events to prevent those issues.

There are still things about the love boat that have never been made public, and none involved ever want to talk about them.

If it happened today the players could easily be accused of rape.

Athletes are held to different standards then celebs. If they make the team or league look bad then they can get cut or blacklisted.
Hell look at Wayne Carey and blowing up North [and some other rumors of other players partners] It would of been nothing if it was an actor.

The Ray Lewis murder stuff would of been HUGE if it happened today.

There are still things about the love boat that have never been made public, and none involved ever want to talk about them.

If it happened today the players could easily be accused of rape.

Athletes are held to different standards then celebs. If they make the team or league look bad then they can get cut or blacklisted.
Hell look at Wayne Carey and blowing up North [and some other rumors of other players partners] It would of been nothing if it was an actor.

The Ray Lewis murder stuff would of been HUGE if it happened today.

Mm, the Carey stuff would be pretty big whatever the situation I reckon.

I wonder what wasn't made public? Like is it really that much of a stretch to the public or the teams that the athletes with money like to do drugs and have sex? Sorry I must be missing something haha.

I know of the Lewis situation but why was it not as big when it happened as opposed to if it happened now?

Mm, the Carey stuff would be pretty big whatever the situation I reckon.

I wonder what wasn't made public? Like is it really that much of a stretch to the public or the teams that the athletes with money like to do drugs and have sex? Sorry I must be missing something haha.

I know of the Lewis situation but why was it not as big when it happened as opposed to if it happened now?

If any NFL player was accused or murder today it would be huge, look and the Hernandez stuff. that exploded as soon as he was being arrested.
And all the domestic violence from NFL players would be like nothing for actors. Look at Ray Rice and Johnny Depp. Who is still getting paid and who had his wife leave him for beating her?

The Love boat could easily be turned into a rape case today with how intoxicated the women were and how they were treated. Any players who would do the same today would do everything they could to make sure it never goes public.

If any NFL player was accused or murder today it would be huge, look and the Hernandez stuff. that exploded as soon as he was being arrested.
And all the domestic violence from NFL players would be like nothing for actors. Look at Ray Rice and Johnny Depp. Who is still getting paid and who had his wife leave him for beating her?

The Love boat could easily be turned into a rape case today with how intoxicated the women were and how they were treated. Any players who would do the same today would do everything they could to make sure it never goes public.
Yeah but I mean, why was it not huge when it happened for Lewis?

Yeah but I mean, why was it not huge when it happened for Lewis?

Sports media landscape was much different back then. I think it really changed with Favre Watch in 2008.

And now with ESPN and FS1 having all the shows based on hot takes and making headlines its just as much about the sports media personalities.

Look at the difference in coverage between Spygate and deflategate. Spygate was the far bigger deal, but deflategate was also about revenge from the NFL.

If the Ben Roethlisberger rape allegations also happened in the current landscape it would be huge. Or Favre and the dickpics and sexual harassment at the Jets would be massive now, it was only lasted in the media for a few days.

The last 5 years or so the media coverage [and social media] has changed everything the media know the NFL is ratings and eyeballs even if its just a news story that should last 1hour they will stretch it out to a week long story or till something bigger comes along. Sometimes all it needs is a social media outrage to start a fire for the media to bring out the pitchforks rightfully or not.

News....

Tannehill suffers setback with his bad knee. Buckled in non contact drills.

Niners waive Bruce Ellington

Corey Davis will miss extended time with severe hamstring tear, pending MRI

Rob Kelley cementing starting job as Perine struggles in camp

Kenyan Drake talked up almost expecting Ajaye to miss time thru the year with niggling injuries and concussions

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tannehill could have season ending surgery and therefore....

-----------

ESPN's Jeff Darlington reports "retired" QB Jay Cutler would be willing to play for ex-coach Adam Gase and the Dolphins.

Darlington reports Cutler would be willing to reunite with Gase — who momentarily revived Cutler's career in 2015 — if he "gets the chance to be the full-time starter (and get starter money) for the entire season." That would require a season-ending Ryan Tannehill (knee) injury. Cutler is still only 34. He could be managed and manipulated by Gase, and is probably still better than Matt Moore.
Related: Dolphins

Source: ESPN.com
Aug 3 - 7:23 PM

20604354_1576149409098408_1929293831615291177_n.jpg

Barstool Sports is bring 30K Goodell the Clown towels to the season opener

So we know Roger Goodell is going to be at Foxboro for the NFL Season opener. We also know our Clown shirt drives him bananas. Just sends him into a blind rage. Hmm, what oh what should I do? Hey I got an idea! I think I’ll order 30 thousand of these towels to give out to all my closest friends and family on Thursday September 7th. And if my friends want to bring these towels into Gilette and wave them in Roger’s face who am I to stop them? Now I’ve seen lots of scuttlebutt on how we’ll do this? That the league won’t allow it. Well let me say this. I’ll figure out how to get the towels to the people. The people will figure out how to get them in the stadium

http://www.barstoolsports.com/boston/i-ordered-30k-of-these-clown-towels-i-regret-nothing

Screen-Shot-2017-08-03-at-9.27.40-AM.png

No structural damage for Tannehill at least.

-----------

ESPN's Jeff Darlington reports "retired" QB Jay Cutler would be willing to play for ex-coach Adam Gase and the Dolphins.

Darlington reports Cutler would be willing to reunite with Gase — who momentarily revived Cutler's career in 2015 — if he "gets the chance to be the full-time starter (and get starter money) for the entire season." That would require a season-ending Ryan Tannehill (knee) injury. Cutler is still only 34. He could be managed and manipulated by Gase, and is probably still better than Matt Moore.

I'm lost here...

-----------

Cutler is working for Fox now, he is set to call games on Fox's B team.

Remove this Banner Ad

NFL 2017 NFL Pre-Season Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Back