Votes: 48 10.4%
  • Brayden Fiorini(GC)

Votes: 22 4.8%
  • Wayne Milera(ADEL)

Votes: 20 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Isn't that what all the EFC supporters were saying about Francis in January backing him into RS favoritism?
we cotton wooled Francis when we saw Andy's Rd.1 form.
No point having the top 2 RS players in one season. ;)

Clarko really must be trying to sabotage him! No individual awards! ;)

On the brightside, at least we don't have to worry about any MRP conspiracies if he were to end up with a contentious charge on Monday, hence ruling him ineligible.

I dont normally follow the RS stuff this closely but this year I stand to win a decent bit of coin if Burton gets up.

I've noticed a few guys in the media are really campaigning hard for McGrath recently. Is it normally this strong? I dont recall noticing it before.

Will it have much influence?

I'm not rooting for Burton bc he is a hawks fan (actually think its not a bad thing for a kid to avoid this sort of attention), I just want to win some money!

I dont normally follow the RS stuff this closely but this year I stand to win a decent bit of coin if Burton gets up.

I've noticed a few guys in the media are really campaigning hard for McGrath recently. Is it normally this strong? I dont recall noticing it before.

I'm not rooting for Burton bc he is a hawks fan (actually think its not a bad thing for a kid to avoid this sort of attention), I just want to win some money!
Clubs will often send out talking points to media outlets in order for them to publish certain things

The good thing about Burton is he's not even playing the position he's best at. Even with injuries as a factor, he was an absolute steal at 19.

Better to play behind the ball, thus avoiding any need for sharp twisting & turning on that leg & knee.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a shame Clarko chose to avoid the Curnow-Burton matchup, would've been great to watch them go head to head. Another cracking game from curnow...14 contested possessions, pretty special from a 194cm beast playing forward

Was a shame Clarko chose to avoid the Curnow-Burton matchup, would've been great to watch them go head to head. Another cracking game from curnow...14 contested possessions, pretty special from a 194cm beast playing forward
Clarko chose to avoid it, did he? o_O Perhaps it was never even on the whiteboard and just happened to be a match up that only existed in the dreams of us people in this thread.

For example, we'd all love to see the best two mids just go H2H for a whole game like Fyfe and Dangerfield did a couple years back. Unfortunately just because us fans think it would be entertaining doesn't mean it fits within the plans of the coaches.

So just because Curnow v Burton would've been good watching for the Rising Star narrative, doesn't mean it was ever planned by the coaches.

Burton should win it.

However it is a goldfish award so not playing last round might hurt him if McGrath plays a blinder.

I would like to see Burton win it though as he has played the best football over the season.

(On the other hand I would love to see McGrath win it just for the Hawthorn fan melts)

I've noticed a few guys in the media are really campaigning hard for McGrath recently.
Is it normally this strong? I dont recall noticing it before.

Absolutely.....The politics enacted by the Essendon fogeys in the media, over the RSA award this year, has been strong....Which tells you that they are super-worried about the Hawks upsetting their apple-carts, yet again, behind the scenes.

The betrayal is as precious as it is delicious.

Burton should win it.

However it is a goldfish award so not playing last round might hurt him if McGrath plays a blinder.

I would like to see Burton win it though as he has played the best football over the season.

(On the other hand I would love to see McGrath win it just for the Hawthorn fan melts)
So will certain Essendon fans not melt if their bloke does not win it?

Or does it only apply to Hawthorn supporters?

No one melts like an Essendon supporter.

You only had to read some of the shit the "Free Jimmy Hird" brigade were spuking when they got caught systematically doping their own players.

Bit sick of some Essendon posters saying we will melt, but none of them will.

Whispy Watson will melt for 6 months if the bloke he is cheerleading about, does not win it.

Am I doing it right?

Absolutely.....The politics enacted by the Essendon fogeys in the media, over the RSA award this year, has been strong....Which tells you that they are super-worried about the Hawks upsetting their apple-carts, yet again, behind the scenes.

The betrayal is as precious as it is delicious.
So will certain Essendon fans not melt if their bloke does not win it?

Or does it only apply to Hawthorn supporters?

No one melts like an Essendon supporter.

You only had to read some of the shit the "Free Jimmy Hird" brigade were spuking when they got caught systematically doping their own players.

Bit sick of some Essendon posters saying we will melt, but none of them will.

Whispy Watson will melt for 6 months if the bloke he is cheerleading about, does not win it.

Am I doing it right?

You guys are adorable.

The only person in the media who claimed McGrath was a sure thing was Tim Watson on SEN - and he admitted he was biased in his opinion.

Other than that, I really don't think the media have been too biased, phased or narrow minded on the topic at all.

The only person in the media who claimed McGrath was a sure thing was Tim Watson on SEN - and he admitted he was biased in his opinion.

Other than that, I really don't think the media have been too biased, phased or narrow minded on the topic at all.

Everyone on the Talking Footy panel agreed, then the next morning the SEN boys agreed, and that evening AFL Tonight agreed.

Watson put the word out and the media fell in line.

Its interesting that since then Wayne Carey has said he thinks Burton deserves it. Maybe he doesnt like Old Man Timbo telling him what to do.

I think the bigger melts would be if Charlie won it, Essendon and Hawthorn supporters would be crying foul murder if Charlie won, whereas Carlton supporters probably wouldn't be too worried if Charlie didn't win and one of McGrath or Burton won.

My tip though is McGrath to win it, I somehow think the n1 pick tag that applies to him helps his resume that he is actually playing to the level of what the pick should be.

Whereas Burton at pick 19 doesn't help his resume IMO.

For those that think this is purely based on stats are delusional.

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 Rising Star Discussion

Back