List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
When? In year 1 and then for 4 games in 05... what was Kosi's greatest goal total? Bruce has already gone past him
Kosi was a star for us in a variety of roles as you know the club has a bit to answer for in terms of injury management with Kosi.

He played 200 games for us and was and absolute warrior, he was shot at the end no doubt but all of a sudden he has become a wipping boy for some.

Kosi was a very good contested pack mark and his presence and pack splitting abilities made life a lot easier for Milne and in the main Riewoldt except for getting cleaned up a couple of times.

Josh Bruce is a good ordinary footballer who had 1 good year as a full forward let's not get carried away.

If we could draft a young Kosi this year I would gladly give up our first pick.

was listening to the local radio last night and the talk was about the FA next year with the GC guys coming into the FA frame .. guys like Lynch were brought up as targets for Freo.. i wonder if the worst happens and we dont land the big fish this year if next year the FA coming up are any better ?

Carlton are already sniffing around Tom Lynch , apparently their offer will blow peoples minds .

We all know about Kelly, Martin and lever for example and there is rightly a lot of interest, the landscape for these guys probably changes weekly at present.

What has me more hopeful is that with the cap space picks and players we may move who else will be in play.

Every team will be assessing their list and future needs plus there must be plenty of players reading about the cash on offer thinking I wouldn't mind some of that.

I think people might be surprised at the names that get thrown out there during the trade period, if your smart enough and willing to move you could do very nicely.

If teams had been bold enough they could have landed Martin last time he was out of contract and de goey was shopped around last year.

IMHO it's pretty unlikely somebody we really like won't end up at the saints.
Yeah agree Yawkey,and 2xplayers during next few trade periods who are Best22 players,certainly should put us in good shape i feel.We have all waited so long for the ultimate goal,surely just a tiny bit longer wont hurt.
All of us will be somewhat dissapointed if we dont Kelly or Martin,but i would be very comfortable with additions like the above scenario.
If we dont get Kelly or Martin,lets hope they both stay at their current clubs.

Kosi was a star for us in a variety of roles as you know the club has a bit to answer for in terms of injury management with Kosi.

He played 200 games for us and was and absolute warrior, he was shot at the end no doubt but all of a sudden he has become a wipping boy for some.

Kosi was a very good contested pack mark and his presence and pack splitting abilities made life a lot easier for Milne and in the main Riewoldt except for getting cleaned up a couple of times.

Josh Bruce is a good ordinary footballer who had 1 good year as a full forward let's not get carried away.

I'm not whipping him at all, love the bloke! But based on output, Bruce has gone past him

I'm not whipping him at all, love the bloke! But based on output, Bruce has gone past him
It's a matter of opinion but if you check the stats and think of how he was used you might be surprised.

Kosi kicked 48 in his best year 2 short of Bruce but he was never a full time full forward in the way Bruce is his role was quite different.

I like Bruce I think he still has some upside he's got a big tank and you can't question his attack on the contest but his skills and football IQ are just not in the same league.

Let's not forget that Kosi was limited by a back injury pretty much from late in his first year, not to mention getting taken out by one of the more ordinary acts well off the contest. What would giansircusa get for that today, kind of ironic to get cleaned up by one of the games great squibs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Statistically Bruce is similar in most ways to Kosi, both having their pros and cons. Bruce has had butter hands/feet this year, and i'm not sure what it is, but i doubt its physical or technique but rather between the ears. Get someone to work hard with him in the offseason and he'll come good. He works hard, has passion and splits packs, just need to capitalise on some of those easy marks and goals he misses.

This thread has really gotten DEPRESSING

naxx-its-not-happening.gif

A great talent who mismanaged as you say.

Should have been given the year off to get his back fixed. But then again, he wasn't the only one playing injured in that era.

A beautiful shot on goal as well.

Throw the kitchen sink at Josh Kelly. We've got the cash, picks and room to do so and need to start stocking up on elites. Enough depth players unless they are better than our worst and fringe players and dont cost anything/much.

He's a better version of Kosi

Brucey isn't half the player Kosi was Pre head injury.

He was an out & out gun... it's tragic that we only saw it in his rookie year & then in a few bursts before Giansiracusa took it all away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If we dont get Kelly or Martin,lets hope they both stay at their current clubs.
i may be alone in this opinion but i would rather they left their club for a basket case like north then stay ... yes all 12 north members will be beating their chests for months but a Dusty-less Richmond drops out of the 8 a Kelly-less GWS drops out of the 4 a dusty/kelly-filled North still sits outside of the 8 for some time .. obviously i would rather them with us but if not i would rather weaken teams abouve us

Looking at Allir Allir's year in 2016 when he played 13 games his actual average was
14.4 disposals
4.3 marks
2.38 tackles
1 Clanger per 7 disposals..

Was listed as 3rd best in the Qualifying final last year, when they got soundly beaten by GWS..
Didn't play in the GF..
Some say he should've...
He was injured for the gf still a spud tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back