List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
First preference: Kelly
Decent second preference: Gaff + Laird

Both Gaff and Laird are A-graders, and they fit into our list pretty well. Neither will win a Brownlow, which Kelly might, but they could definitely play a part in winning us a final.

They value Gaff quite highly over on the WC board ...Gaff and pick 46 to Saints for pick 7 and Acres is a trade they think will work for them :D

Spot on.

I'd just hope that with Gaff, we wouldn't be masking over some of our issues. It's a sticky issue. He could very well be electrical on the wing for us.

OK that last one was a stretch.
FAM2VVLFYTCLN86.MEDIUM.jpg

They value Gaff quite highly over on the WC board ...Gaff and pick 46 to Saints for pick 7 and Acres is a trade they think will work for them :D

No wonder at all that your avatar is screaming!;)

I would strongly prefer to take pick 7 or 8 to the draft than use on Gaff. Actually, I'd be very underwhelmed if we gave up an 18 year rated as one of the best in the country for Gaff. Seriously. As much as he 'fills a need' for us, feel like he's a player who's ceiling and limitations are set and also feel like the bust factor with him is right up there high.

I would strongly prefer to take pick 7 or 8 to the draft than use on Gaff. Actually, I'd be very underwhelmed if we gave up an 18 year rated as one of the best in the country for Gaff. Seriously. As much as he 'fills a need' for us, feel like he's a player who's ceiling and limitations are set and also feel like the bust factor with him is right up there high.
I was told i'm dreaming for suggesting a 2nd round pick that's were i value him.

30 disposals at 75% EVERY WEEK is a pretty poor ceiling, especially at 25 years old.
The bashing of Gaff is laughable. If he had have played at St Kilda this year he would be top 2 in B&F.

30 disposals at 75% EVERY WEEK is a pretty poor ceiling, especially at 25 years old.
The bashing of Gaff is laughable. If he had have played at St Kilda this year he would be top 2 in B&F.
Every player has a ceiling, Gaff's is at All Australian level...

Some of the commentary on this board is almost unreadable

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really? I would have thought there'd be a handful ahead of him for sure.

He's a good kick and he gets the ball sure. But there's a lot of cheap possessions to be had on the wide expanses of Subi, not to mention favourable umpiring. What are his stats and performances like away from home? There's a lot he doesn't bring to the table, I don't think we're going to get the leadership and/or hard edge you'd expect from a 25 year old.

Also why are WCE willing to let him go if he's such a gun/valuable asset? Gaff is not a game turner, he's a talented skier who'll give you something on the outside, but when there's heat in the kitchen, say goodnight, he'll go missing and will be of little to no value to the team.

I think we need a player with more depth. Don't think a Gaff is part of the answer for our side. Reckon he's extremely high risk prospect, especially given what we could get from the top 10.

Every player has a ceiling, Gaff's is at All Australian level...

Some of the commentary on this board is almost unreadable

Agreed, useless posts everywhere ^^^, but we don't all whinge about it because what would that achieve hey....

Makes me laugh him getting branded as " soft" as well.
Aussie Jones never got a hard ball in his life and he was a Saints crowd favourite.
Certain players have certain roles. Gaff does his pretty well IMO.

Really? I would have thought there'd be a handful ahead of him for sure.

He's a good kick and he gets the ball sure. But there's a lot of cheap possessions to be had on the wide expanses of Subi, not to mention favourable umpiring. What are his stats and performances like away from home? There's a lot he doesn't bring to the table, I don't think we're going to get the leadership and/or hard edge you'd expect from a 25 year old.

Also why are WCE willing to let him go if he's such a gun/valuable asset? Gaff is not a game turner, he's a talented skier who'll give you something on the outside, but when there's heat in the kitchen, say goodnight, he'll go missing and will be of little to no value to the team.

I think we need a player with more depth. Don't think a Gaff is part of the answer for our side. Reckon he's extremely high risk prospect, especially given what we could get from the top 10.

1. Subi is long, not wide.
2. Gaff's career disposal average is higher in Victoria (MCG, Docklands, Geelong) than in Western Australia
3. He's extremely low risk. You know exactly what you're going to get - he's averaged 29-30 disposals per game for three straight seasons. Don't confuse risk with the potential we overpay for him.

I think if we had a mid-teens 1st rounder we'd be all over him. I think Kelly should be the priority but Gaff would be a very safe purchase as a fall-back option if available. Would almost certainly enable us to stay in the 1st round this year.

Hawthorn still owe Carlton either Sicily or O'Rourke from last year's 2nd pick back trade. Any chance we can leverage off that for an extra Christmas bonus?

1. Subi is long, not wide.
2. Gaff's career disposal average is higher in Victoria (MCG, Docklands, Geelong) than in Western Australia
3. He's extremely low risk. You know exactly what you're going to get - he's averaged 29-30 disposals per game for three straight seasons. Don't confuse risk with the potential we overpay for him.

I think if we had a mid-teens 1st rounder we'd be all over him. I think Kelly should be the priority but Gaff would be a very safe purchase as a fall-back option if available. Would almost certainly enable us to stay in the 1st round this year.

If Andrew Gaff is equivalent to a Top 10 Draft pick I'll eat my hat -- way overs no matter how you spin it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back