2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with trav the players we are after now wont be the big ticket items. its money ball territory i think

I'm starting to think Rory Laird might be more likely than I initially thought. He makes sense especially if we were to see him as a potential mid rather than a defender. He would be much more obtainable than Sloan and his output is huge. The fact that there is still talk of moving Bryce Gibbs to Adelaide makes you wonder if there is room opening up there. He would be a pretty nice replacement for Joey even and I reckon he's probably currently on about $400,000 a year, if he told Adelaide he's leaving next year anyway he might be able to shake his contract.

He's money ball but not far off the elite players of the comp. If we got Hall and Laird we would be a pretty decent list profile and then draft a development third tall defender or try Battle the way the Hawks used Gunston this year.

As I said in my original post all of the A graders appear to be off the board, which leaves us two options - go to the draft or trade for good players, but not stars, in areas we need, or go to the draft. I'm not advocating overpaying for those players, I just think the draft is horribly overrated and most drafted players never make it even to B grade level.

Would 7 + some kind of steak knives be any chance to get Tippett (salary dump) + Heeney or Mills? We'd be doing them a favour taking on Tippett.

Then again, there's only a year left of pain for Sydney with Tippett's contract...
Heeney and mills untouchable and wouldn't want to leave either.
Florent on the other hand... Wouldn't mind dangling and extra 200k in front of him to come home

Would 7 + some kind of steak knives be any chance to get Tippett (salary dump) + Heeney or Mills? We'd be doing them a favour taking on Tippett.

Then again, there's only a year left of pain for Sydney with Tippett's contract...

Would not touch that with a ten foot pole.

So when is this blokes contact being extended?

5wvugHMfQU9g5IfyGXbsmon-skAfiKdX1rQl2XT0O1wAsmJyTsP8KOixNLkpVi1Tf1k9tsaq-Ls6G2K1lMUZrkUzF_eTbvlAC9JBONHObh1DIw=w480-h261-nc
Extreme froffage, made Sidebum look like an absolute sh.t campaigner. Oh wait, he is.
PS: WTF is Ben Reid doing in the background? I think he got caught up in Blacres jet stream and spiralled out of control

Extreme froffage, made Sidebum look like an absolute sh.t campaigner. Oh wait, he is.
PS: WTF is Ben Reid doing in the background? I think he got caught up in Blacres jet stream and spiralled out of control
Just doin a few casual rolly pollys

Good fun they are

The other mail more recently is that Trout is looking to trade for a player that he should have picked up previously.
Lachie Neale, Tom Clurey, Dean Kent, Rory Atkins, Mason Wood, Bontempelli, Patrick Cripps, Jack Leslie, Darcy Gardiner, Zach Merrett, Aliir, Petracca, Peter Wright, Jake Lever, Touk Miller, McGovern, Daniel, Fiorini, Bonner, buzza, Powell-pepper, Parfitt, Fisher, Lipinski, Darcy,

Can't wait.

Ffs guys forget about sloane he is part of the furniture over here in sa
I would give my left one to get him but it's such a slim chance it's not even worth working out a trade scenario
But gee id love for the whole place to tell me they told me so, one of my favorite players

ITKs
They get info and shit changes people
I firmly believe the Kelly agreed to come with us if he decided to leave
Ffs things change
Moving to diff state, selling up, packing up, possibly missing a flag in a side full of first round picks.....its a tough decision and sometimes it's not all about money
So lay off the reg itks, sure the new ones it's pretty obvious they are full of it, you don't come in on the second post stating trade stuff...you're gonna get reamed

It was said ages ago don't expect to keep the first round pics and don't forget players under contract are not off limits....they can move both ways

I have no doubt the club knows what they are doing
Look what we have now...gresh billings dunstan acres skunk bruce white rice carlisle
Cmon
You reckon we don't know at we are doing ffs???
They know, and I still think there's something coming we aren't seeing
It has been mentioned slyly on here by a couple itks to look for the curveball

I was also under the impression we need A graders but am slowly coming around to the thought of maybe we don't
One would be nice, but if we can get a team of good players it's better than a team of average with 1 gun imo

Ffs is it round one yet
I have no idea what I'm going to do come off season

And FFS
No Allir allir

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would not touch that with a ten foot pole.

Haha, welcome aboard. Come for the trade talk, stay for the gifs.

As Prince said above, I figure Heeney and Mills are untouchable but would you agree that trading Pick 7 and taking on Tippett (in terms of form vs salary) would effectively make that like trading out Pick 5 or 6? I am curious as to where Sydney supporters see Tippett as being at.

Haha, welcome aboard. Come for the trade talk, stay for the gifs.

As Prince said above, I figure Heeney and Mills are untouchable but would you agree that trading Pick 7 and taking on Tippett (in terms of form vs salary) would effectively make that like trading out Pick 5 or 6? I am curious as to where Sydney supporters see Tippett as being at.

It is a really tricky one in regards to him. If he can get back to early 2016 form then he would easily be an instant inclusion. However, he is not.

Unsure of exactly how much he is on, which makes it difficult to say whether or not getting rid of him would be a cap dump (also whether we need to cap dump).

If we did let Tippett go it would probably be for a low pick to take full cap. The pick a team offered would see if any steak knives come into it

So now kelly is going to re-sign with giants, do we have any players in sight?

It looks like

Lever going to melbourne

Rockliff to Carlton

Stringer to Geelong or Bombers.

Saints - ????

posting cos that watch thread thing ain't working. as you were gentlemen
This post appears to make a lot morse sense than most.

Or does it?

Is the watch thread thing really not working?

Are you really an internet forum ITK?

Or are you simply a troll?

And regardless of whether you are or are not...

...has Kelly signed with the Saints yet?

PS: Replying just in case the watch thread thing really ain't working

Because to get a B grader to leave; you need to pay them A grade money.

We fell into that trap under ross lyon; paying B graders, A grade money.
Yes it helps make the team a bit better... but at the cost of not being able to afford A grade talent down the track.

Plus we are already flush with B graders, we need elite talent to take the heat off the B graders.
i think under Lyon we got role players in on good money to follow his plan to the letter .. it almost worked twice .. really when in our history have we ever "purchased" our super star players ? the fact is going back to the 70's every single best and fairest winner for St Kilda has played their first game of senior footy for the saints.. our super star is possibly already at the club waiting to expload into that super star or potentially he is yet to be drafted ...

i think under Lyon we got role players in on good money to follow his plan to the letter .. it almost worked twice .. really when in our history have we ever "purchased" our super star players ? the fact is going back to the 70's every single best and fairest winner for St Kilda has played their first game of senior footy for the saints.. our super star is possibly already at the club waiting to expload into that super star or potentially he is yet to be drafted ...

Who in our team is A grade and B grade etc. then?

W2L - I couldn't reply to your old post because the thread is closed.

I am overseas at the moment so my mail isn't current, however yes - I did get a bit from that function I went to recently.

Confident that my Kelly mail is correct. 6 years (some talk of avoiding a Gibbs scenario). Agreed in May. Other terms of the contract agreed. HOWEVER, that doesn't mean he is coming! Just that if he comes, it is to the Saints as both Kelly and GWS are happy with the proposed deal. No idea what picks or players are involved. I was also told that Connors has other players who the Saints want and Kelly was waiting to see how that plays out before making a decision. Perhaps those other deals are sorted? Could be games by Connors to give Kelly an out if he stays. Not sure. That mail was not from the same contact.

Expect the game plan to change. Players are too stuffed to kick straight. The taxing nature of our game plan is killing them.

Apparently Joey didn't clean out his locker despite agreeing to retire. Things could have changed since then.

The other mail more recently is that Trout is looking to trade for a player that he should have picked up previously.

I also caught up with my Doggies contact before I left. Dodoro has old mates at the Bulldogs who were the reason that Cooney ended up there.... Same mates have been discussing things with Dodoro about Stringer. Someone posted something about Gordon the other day. I was told the same thing. Micro-manager and the real reason the Doggies are all over the shop. A lot of talk at the EJ game about the issues at the Doggies. Libba wasn't dropped for form...but will remain at the club. Hunter going nowhere. He was previously chased by Saints and GWS (Leon Cameron sweet talking his dad) but he is committed to Doggies. The other bloke looking around at the Kennel is Lucas Webb. Rated by the coaches but has told the club he wants more opportunities because he is too similar to a lot of players there. Some strong interest from other clubs. Doggies were going to take Long in the draft but are more than happy with Lipinski who they rate highly. I will leave all other Doggies mail to Nanganator who is clearly an ITK at the Kennel.

The war room is firmly locked this year. Water tight. I have never heard so little. Much like the way the Swans and Buddy kept things quiet. Buddy even allowed his "Buddy Boots" to be made in GWS colours as a smoke screen for the Swans deal (collector's items when he retires). I suspect the same smoke and mirrors is at play with the Saints this year.

Given the way MG has been attacked on this board, and given he is far more of an ITK than me - I will now retreat back under my rock and stick to PMs. Besides, the cost of data is killing me.

Correct ridiculously water tight, nothing good can come from people knowing anything until it is official

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back