List Mgmt. 2017 Trade Free Agency and List Management Watch Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Players who may come under pressure to stay on our list at year end.

Lennon - Trade or delist.
Batchelor - Trade or keep as backup
Townsend - Deserves a 2yr contract just on his finals performance.
Miles - Trade or keep as backup. would of got more game time if we had more injuries.
Short - Keep
Hunt - Delist
Hampson - Purely backup to give Nank a rest during the yr.
Morris - Delist
Griffiths - Trade if we are able to get someone thru trade period.
Drummond - 1yr last chance
Lloyd - Trade otherwise keep.
Chol - Im biased delist. No second efforts and just a teaser.
Elton - Delist
Conca - Trade or keep. Comes out of contract end of next yr. If no improvement delist next yr.
Stengle - Keep on rookie list.
Castagna - Promoted to senior list.
Soldo - Delist or remain as Cat B.
Moore - Keep on rookie list

Would think Hunt, Morris and Elton are certain to be delisted.
Leaves Lennon, Batchelor, Miles, Griffiths, Lloyd and Conca as potential trade bait.

Looking at points, I'd prefer not to go into deficit as I'm pretty sure that would negatively impact next year's "super" draft when looking at Naish. Therefore, we need to do at least one trade. I really like Miles (and to a lesser extent Batch) as a backup option; as everyone has said, we won't get the same injury run again. Therefore, keeping those two for at least another year is vital. Happy to trade Lloyd as much as I like him because he deserves a run at AFL level. Carlton want him, so we need pick 38 from them for him. This is because, if Naish slides, we can use 15 and 17 on different kids (including a tall), and then, even if he gets picked at 18 by the Lions, we have enough points with the rest of our picks not to go into deficit overall.

For the rest, delist Hunt, Morris and Elton, and look at a swap for Conca and Taberner, as he is pretty decent as a second forward/ruck, who will be able to protect whichever young tall we bring in from AFL footy for at least a few years if Griffo doesn't play again.

Losing Caracella would be bad news. But I reckon he would exactly the sort they need to turn them from talented loers into a talented winner team. So don't go Blake!!!!

Otherwise, it'll be interesting to see if T71's mail re Schache is accurate. He would be interested in the reining premiers you'd reckon. And if we could somehow lose our firsts for a decent 2nd (Naish) + Schache it'd be a solid period I reckon. Our picks would be whatever is left in a poor draft - 2 picks only I'd say post Naish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not necessarily for us, but why do the media keep talking about Motlop being part of a trade for Ablett. As he's a FA doesn't he have no trade value?

Broad 2.0 you reckon?
Reckon Broad is a pretty decent athlete and has a fair tank for a 192 cm 90 kg plus player. He did the job on Lynch and Greene who are no slouches.
Still not convinced that he'll hold his spot long term in front of Markov, Menadue etc, who are super quick and better kicks. But great to have that type of depth o the list.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2017 Trade Free Agency and List Management Watch Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back