List Mgmt. 2017 Trade & Free Agency Discussion thread II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have any quotes for that?
He was asked what Darcy thought about North Melbourne, as in the club itself and the place, and his reply that he thought we were very good. That there is no issue about the sell of the club. But you can go to the SEN site and put a /audio on it and it would be on one of their audio....On the Run home which was around 18 to half past 18.

"lots of clubs had injury issues this year"
"North's injured players arent even in their 22"
"North's injured players are spuds"
"every team has injuries....something a good club deals with. its called depth. North have no depth"

Funny how Freo, Suns and ourselves sitting near the bottom whom were crucified with injuries...and mediocre teams who have average lists (Port and Richmond) who had next to none were sitting near the top.

Injuries came when we played better sides when we lost most of the games in 2016 and thats what happened. We never had the rotation that Bulldogs had with our list so we lacked experience on players outside our best 22. Bulldogs did it this year and it didnt work out well at all....which was part of the reason why they had an unsettled team (performance wise).

I am just not sure if you agree with me or not? I am talking 2016, I wouldn't say all the injured players were spuds.

I am just not sure if you agree with me or not? I am talking 2016, I wouldn't say all the injured players were spuds.
Hah....I was agreeing with you. I was putting my spin on how others saw and what they say about our injuries.

Its stuffed out past two seasons. But benefited from it this year due to finishing lower.

Love taz but would have offered saints robbie and 21 for 7 or 8 and taken cerra or dow at 4 and stephensen at 7 or 8!

Nope don't do that play him til he's finished and bring in his replacement. Start again, North have got it well right no GF appearance since 1999. And there won't be one for years to come.

He was asked what Darcy thought about North Melbourne, as in the club itself and the place, and his reply that he thought we were very good. That there is no issue about the sell of the club. But you can go to the SEN site and put a /audio on it and it would be on one of their audio....On the Run home which was around 18 to half past 18.
Basically seemed like carlton have been in to him longer! Wouldnt rule us out completely as he did say if carlton wasnt an option then he would be keen on others.
I almost feel like after kelly and martin that we have the aproach of youre comitted to north fully then we dont want you! Also dont reckon we were that keen on lang in the first place more of a passing interest and due dilligance

So with a day left and 4/5ths of f*** all having been done what is the point of holding this over 9 days?

Could make it shorter - get your act together and get your deals done. Doubt this will happen as the AFLPA would fear it would block player movement. Could make it longer - no trade "period", you've got from your last game until a week before the draft to negotiate. Trades to fall into place when they happen, no last minute frenzy, reduce the intensity of speculation.

Whatever the case the endless yak yak yak about literally nothing has given me the shits the last couple of years and my interest level has waned to the point where I'll only get interested tomorrow around 1pm and even then only from as a distance as North look like ending up doing nothing whatsoever.

Basically seemed like carlton have been in to him longer! Wouldnt rule us out completely as he did say if carlton wasnt an option then he would be keen on others.
I almost feel like after kelly and martin that we have the aproach of youre comitted to north fully then we dont want you! Also dont reckon we were that keen on lang in the first place more of a passing interest and due dilligance

About half way in

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Love taz but would have offered saints robbie and 21 for 7 or 8 and taken cerra or dow at 4 and stephensen at 7 or 8!
Interesting. I'd take that deal with a later round pick/pick swap coming our way. Any chance the Saints could potentially still want him or the club has grown a pair to take a risk like that? o_O

We never had the consistency of effort, would put in 3-4 howlers per year, never consistently played well on the road, our skills weren't consistent at a high standard, our pressure wasn't consistent. Brisbane and GC weren't a certainty on the road, we don't show up in Adelaide, we are somewhat competitive in WA.

It was a long shot, it would have been a Bradbury flag if we managed to nail one, would have needed a WCE or Crows type of GF lay down effort on the road to have a hope and that was extremely unlikely because we never played well enough to win a double chance/home finals.

Barely scraping into the 8 was never a form-line that inspired confidence that we were a realistic contender.

you mean like the last two flags, we had the cattle we didn't have much luck, and we all know you need a little bit of luck to get a flag. I definitely would not call it a long shot.

Interesting. I'd take that deal with a later round pick/pick swap coming our way. Any chance the Saints could potentially still want him or the club has grown a pair to take a risk like that? o_O

Amazed no one (to my knowledge) has gone hard at the Saints yet to see if they could shake 7 or 8 from them. But I'm not sure we could have done it with Tarrant - getting Brown and Carlisle in over the past 2 years probably suggests they're pretty happy with their tall backs.

Was Pelchen at the South Pole for 6 months of this year?

More importantly - why did we let him back in?

Amazed no one (to my knowledge) has gone hard at the Saints yet to see if they could shake 7 or 8 from them. But I'm not sure we could have done it with Tarrant - getting Brown and Carlisle in over the past 2 years probably suggests they're pretty happy with their tall backs.

You have to rate the draft that you're buying into. You don't sell prime assets if there is nothing available to buy that provides value.

Tarrant is one of the few we can replace with what we currently have on our list, he could play FF as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want to know if we turned up for the meeting?

Sounds like the media trying to perpetuate that we are being spurned by players as it's a bad club to be at.

How many spots on our list do we have to fill ? Feels like we will still be making selections while everybody else has long finished . Probably get shot down for saying this but if we lost to Brisbane we would be taking about who won't be there when it gets to our pick at 4 ,

No one's a saint all the time brother.

I have no idea, what in the hell was in for West Coast doing this deal in the first place.

Why would they downgrade in a shit draft when they also need picks to rebuild their midfield? Baffling.
Got someone hidden away in the wall. Jonno Marsh?

More importantly - why did we let him back in?

You have to rate the draft that you're buying into. You don't sell prime assets if there is nothing available to buy that provides value.
Yeah fair enough i have heard that many times when someone suggests selling one of our prime assets in here.

Question. Would we think of doing it next year perhaps?

Last edited:
And right there is our ******* problem, how's about we set the bar a tad higher than a metre underground!

I think back to being 10-1 in 2016 and Scotts saying "Let's get to 12 wins and then we reassess"

*Sigh*

So let's just get enough to sneak into the finals and then we'll take it from there. How about "You campaigners are in pole position and I reckon you can win the whole bloody thing if we all stay the course!!" No. So what happens? We sneak into the finals, get exposed and twelve months later fans think they're being optimistic if we can get out of the bottom 4.

High expectations are a key plank in the culture of high performance organisations.

Cunners and Brown are the only ones that could potentially extract maximum draft value.

The interesting one for me - not that it will happen - is that if say a StKilda said - we will give you 7 and 8 for Cunners and pick 23 - would we take it?

Probably won't happen with us

DMaMsBBVoAImfBn.jpg

I want to know if we turned up for the meeting?
Well Scott wouldnt make up BS up like that, thats for sure :) He's one I really like listening to in the media. Painful to say since he came from such a flog of a club.

Only an arseh*le psychopath would make up something like that..... who magically for some reason has a million twitter followers even though every thing he says is a lie. He should buy a lottery ticket.

But brings up my favourite quote....who's the more foolish; the fool or the fool who follow him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back