Final solution everyone wins
———
Crows get- Picks #3, #18, #54, #59
Crows give up- Jake Lever, Charlie Cameron & Pick #34 & 2018 Second Rd Pick
———
Lions get- Charlie Cameron, Pick #10
Lions give up- Josh Schache & Pick #18
———
Pies get- Josh Schache, Pick #34, & Crows 2018 Second Rd Pick & Blues 2018 3rd Round Pick

Pies give up- 2018 First Round Pick, and Picks #54 & #59
———
Blues get- Matthew Kennedy & Pies 2018 First Round Pick
Blues give up Pick #3 and 2018 3rd Round Pick
———
Melbourne get- Jake Lever
Melbourne give up- #10, #27
———
Giants get- Pick #27
Giants give up- Matthew Kennedy
———
Every team gets good compensation for their losses

Thoughts?
Pies don't get the Crows 2018/2, it's not needed.
Also Carlton getting screwed in this one, but I can live with that

Yes. I reckon and a lot of non blues fans will agree. I'd give pick 20 now to get Kennedy but that won't happen either.

I don't know too many supporters that would give up #3 and hope Collingwood finish bottom 3 in order to get a player GWS expect to get #20-#25 for #38. That difference between #25 and #38 is not worth a 4-9 spot downgrade in the 1st round.

Others might say it. Doing it if it were there team is a different story. That's why Blues fans would be the best judge in that situation. Our board would have kittens giving away a pick 3 when we need another gun midfielder right now.

I don't know too many supporters that would give up #3 and hope Collingwood finish bottom 3 in order to get a player GWS expect to get #20-#25 for #38. That difference between #25 and #38 is not worth a 4-9 spot downgrade in the 1st round.

Others might say it. Doing it if it were there team is a different story. That's why Blues fans would be the best judge in that situation. Our board would have kittens giving away a pick 3 when we need another gun midfielder right now.
That's all beside the point about needing a mid and giving up 3. Pies likely will be bottom 6 next year so a minimal downgrade into a stronger draft isn't much but I'll be surprised if you get Kennedy for a 3rd rounder, even if it is an early one.

The point was that this trade hypothetical, like most, is that the OP's club gets the best deal, for which most neutrals would agree.

I’ve adjusted few things
Crows give up 2018 Second Round Pick and get #59 from Pies

Your trying to tell me

Pies give up 2018 First Round Pick, Picks #59 & #59 and recieve

1, Josh Schache
2, Pick #34
3, Crows 2018 Second Rd & Blues 2018 3rd Rd
4, and keep Pick #6

and not come out like hwy robbing bandits?
I just think there's simpler ways of achieving the same outcome should we go for Schache and see our 2018 first round pick as a higher valued commodity than pick 6. Not only is 2018 supposed to be stronger, but with Lynch (GC) a restricted free agent and one we've been strongly linked to (amongst other clubs) it would be silly to move our 2018 pick. Doing so would make a potential trade for Lynch harder should GC match a potential free agency bid.

That's all beside the point about needing a mid and giving up 3. Pies likely will be bottom 6 next year so a minimal downgrade into a stronger draft isn't much but I'll be surprised if you get Kennedy for a 3rd rounder, even if it is an early one.

The point was that this trade hypothetical, like most, is that the OP's club gets the best deal, for which most neutrals would agree.

Well a neutral just said we get reamed so it isn't just me. You don't give up a guaranteed #3 expecting to get #6 back the next year let alone what happens if the Pies light up.

Well a neutral just said we get reamed so it isn't just me. You don't give up a guaranteed #3 expecting to get #6 back the next year let alone what happens if the Pies light up.
Pies light up.... With Bucks.
Good one.

I just think there's simpler ways of achieving the same outcome should we go for Schache and see our 2018 first round pick as a higher valued commodity than pick 6. Not only is 2018 supposed to be stronger, but with Lynch (GC) a restricted free agent and one we've been strongly linked to (amongst other clubs) it would be silly to move our 2018 pick. Doing so would make a potential trade for Lynch harder should GC match a potential free agency bid.

Listen how obsurd your argument is

Tom Lynch will be worth 2 First Round Draft Picks. Are Collingwood recruiters going to say to the Suns but Pick #8 in a strong draft is what Tom Lynch is worth?

Schache is younger and cheaper and no way Pies will fit Moore Schache and Tom Lynch in the same team. Pies go with a gun mid and tall forward and build around smaller pieces with multiple Second and Third rounds.

How do Blues come out clear winners and 5 other clubs get screwed?

Listen how obsurd your argument is

Tom Lynch will be worth 2 First Round Draft Picks. Are Collingwood recruiters going to say to the Suns but Pick #8 in a strong draft is what Tom Lynch is worth?

Schache is younger and cheaper and no way Pies will fit Moore Schache and Tom Lynch in the same team. Pies go with a gun mid and tall forward and build around smaller pieces with multiple Second and Third rounds.
Absurd argument?

I never said we'd try and fit Moore, Schache and Lynch into the same team although it could be done with Moore moving to CHB. To be clear and save misquoting it's not something I'd entertain though. I also never said we'd need just the one first round pick should we be required to trade for Lynch hence why we need to retain our 2018 selection, that one and 2019 makes two and keeps our options open. Schache might be younger and cheaper, but he also carries a lot more risk having not produced much at AFL level albeit it's only early in his career. Plus Schache's also a similar type to Moore making them far from the ideal pairing and I'd much prefer a Lynch/Moore combination even at a potentially higher cost.

Absurd argument?

I never said we'd try and fit Moore, Schache and Lynch into the same team although it could be done with Moore moving to CHB. To be clear and save misquoting it's not something I'd entertain though. I also never said we'd need just the one first round pick should we be required to trade for Lynch hence why we need to retain our 2018 selection, that one and 2019 makes two and keeps our options open. Schache might be younger and cheaper, but he also carries a lot more risk having not produced much at AFL level albeit it's only early in his career. Plus Schache's also a similar type to Moore making them far from the ideal pairing and I'd much prefer a Lynch/Moore combination even a potentially higher cost.

Moore CHB is the strangest thing I’ve heard in a while. Funny you talk about how valuable your 2018 First Pick is when you plan trading it.

Your not making sense and your going off topic. If it wasn’t school holidays I’d tell you to go to bed as your clearly a 15 year old. Anyways we will agree to disagree.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moore CHB is the strangest thing I’ve heard in a while. Funny you talk about how valuable your 2018 First Pick is when you plan trading it.

Your not making sense and your going off topic. If it wasn’t school holidays I’d tell you to go to bed as your clearly a 15 year old. Anyways we will agree to disagree.
Comments like that just confirm I wasting my time trying to reason with stupid. I've already explained that part of the value of our 2018 pick is keeping trade options open next year and re-explaining that would just be going around and around and around in circles.

On Moore he's played CHB at AFL level once or twice and played the first half of his debut season at CHB at VFL level where he was very good one on one however lacked any offensive drive. I'd back him in to improve his offensive footy in the backline, however while the move is spoken about at times on our board it's not my preference.

Last edited:
Comments like that just confirm I wasting my time trying to reason with stupid. I've already explained that part of the value of our 2018 pick is keeping trade options open next year and re-explaining that would just be going around and around and around in circles.

Move on let the recruiters make the call on what’s best for all clubs concerned.

Blues IMO will get Matthew Kennedy. Pies or Tigers will get Josh Schache. Demons should land Jake Lever and Charlie to end up at Lions.

Fair enough?

You think my time wasn’t wasted trying to explain simple things too?

And meanwhile Melbourne are about to pay top dollar for Lever, while pissing off their current players by getting rid of one of the club favourites.

Lever in, watts hogan out is a shocking trade period for Melbourne.
Try not to be so bitter champ, Melbourne is getting Lever for a reasonable price and keeping Hogan. Adelaide are getting tears in their weetbix

In hindsight not the best decision, however the doctors that did Burton's operation certainly didnt come out with positive expectations.

People from his junior club actually said he will probably never play AFL.
This is all true, he was ment to never play footy again.

What got him over at hawthorn was when asked "what pick should you be taken at?" Even after everything he went through.... number 1.

You cant keep a competitor like that down.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Try not to be so bitter champ, Melbourne is getting Lever for a reasonable price and keeping Hogan. Adelaide are getting tears in their weetbix

I think you'll be largely disappointed if you think a first rounder and 2 second rounders is a reasonable price.
If we end up with that its daylight robbery.
Not one bit bitter, just being realistic. He's not worth 800k+ per year or what you'll pay for him in the trade.

I hope you do keep Hogan personally, but I don't think all is well down at the demons either after the clubs treatment of Watts.

This is all true, he was ment to never play footy again.

What got him over at hawthorn was when asked "what pick should you be taken at?" Even after everything he went through.... number 1.

You cant keep a competitor like that down.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I love that other people on here just wont accept that fact though.
Its always just "adelaide overlooked him". Nobody mentions the massive risk v massive reward that was on offer. Especially a year after we'd taken a guy called Jake Lever coming off a knee recon.

I think you'll be largely disappointed if you think a first rounder and 2 second rounders is a reasonable price.
If we end up with that its daylight robbery.
Not one bit bitter, just being realistic. He's not worth 800k+ per year or what you'll pay for him in the trade.

I hope you do keep Hogan personally, but I don't think all is well down at the demons either after the clubs treatment of Watts.

There is zero evidence anything is wrong at Melbourne. In fact our players aren't requesting trades year on year like the crows.

There is zero evidence anything is wrong at Melbourne. In fact our players aren't requesting trades year on year like the crows.

Well theres as much evidence as any of the other crap flying around this time of year.
I wouldnt be surprised though. Melbourne have treated Watts pretty poorly.

I also wouldnt be happy with bringing a mercenary over who likes punching their club captain at half time in a grand final.

What do you think the price for Lever will be?

A day and a half of trade period and not a single trade has been done. Sometimes I wonder if the AFL should just shorten the trade period to a single week because the first few days sort of seem pointless.

Could easily be over in a weekend rather than 2 weeks

A day and a half of trade period and not a single trade has been done. Sometimes I wonder if the AFL should just shorten the trade period to a single week because the first few days sort of seem pointless.

Or extend it to like a month so that people arent constrained to start discussions in the first week.

The reason no deals are done is players werent able to speak to clubs in person until after the season.

Remove this Banner Ad

2017 trade hypothetical thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back