2nds 2018 Casey Demons Thread - Grand Finalists

Remove this Banner Ad

Can confirm they have skunks. My friend’s cat got sprayed today
I looked after a bunch of dogs in Danbury Connecticut once. They went out one morning and managed to disturb a skunk. They were completely unliveable for weeks after, even with multiple baths. Plus we let them back in before realising they had been skunked, and virtually everything they managed to touch before getting kicked out had to be disposed of. Skunks are impressively pungent. Indescribable to anyone who hasn’t encountered one.

They have cats in Canada too. People keep bobcats and jaguars if I recall. Maybe I’m thinking of Moose. Or skunks. Pretty sure they have skunks.
Er, say what? Did you think I was implying you were a cat? I’m just pretty sure you own a cat and was implying that Topkent was venting his frustration upon it

Er, say what? Did you think I was implying you were a cat? I’m just pretty sure you own a cat and was implying that Topkent was venting his frustration upon it
Yeah I know. I was helping him out by directing him to a skunk instead.

mKPzQjH.png

mKPzQjH.png
Kennedy Harris is still on Melbourne's list so should be bolded if I'm understanding your system correctly.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Balic is injured if I'm not mistaken??

Pretty terrible game from Casey on Saturday night. Started in the middle with playing a 23rd man as ruckman against Zac Smith. Zac Smith for the most part sucks, but the skinny 17 year old was no match for him. Not sure where Filipovic or King were (injured?) but that hurt a lot.
Pederson was ok and presented pretty well, but nothing to write home about. Garlett was poor i thought, choosing when he felt like having a crack.
Tim Smith clearly best on ground for Casey, but I don't know how Smith, Hannan and Fritsch can all play in the same forward line? All far too similar for mine.
Petty looked shaky with the ball, and did a few silly things. Plenty to work with, but i think he is still a long way from senior selection.
Stretch seemed to play more inside in the VFL, which might be why he can't string any form together. Plays inside at VFL level, puts a couple of games together, comes to AFL and is expected to play outside. So not only does he have to step up a level, he has to change his role also.
Sam Frost is just about the dumbest footballer ive ever encountered, but i still really like him for some reason. At one stage he was at full back, gets a goal kicked on him, and as he takes off to run to the bench he still turns around and lips off to his opponent. I dunno why, but i really liked it for some reason - the dude youre playing on just embarrassed you, but you still have the hide to turn around and mouth off.
Unfortunately haven't seen much improvement from Declan Keilty since coming onto the Rookie list. He still plays his role well for Casey, but he hasn't gotten any better in a full time environment unfortunately.

If you have any specific questions about players from Saturday night, just ask, i'll see how good the memory is.

Pretty terrible game from Casey on Saturday night. Started in the middle with playing a 23rd man as ruckman against Zac Smith. Zac Smith for the most part sucks, but the skinny 17 year old was no match for him. Not sure where Filipovic or King were (injured?) but that hurt a lot.
Pederson was ok and presented pretty well, but nothing to write home about. Garlett was poor i thought, choosing when he felt like having a crack.
Tim Smith clearly best on ground for Casey, but I don't know how Smith, Hannan and Fritsch can all play in the same forward line? All far too similar for mine.
Petty looked shaky with the ball, and did a few silly things. Plenty to work with, but i think he is still a long way from senior selection.
Stretch seemed to play more inside in the VFL, which might be why he can't string any form together. Plays inside at VFL level, puts a couple of games together, comes to AFL and is expected to play outside. So not only does he have to step up a level, he has to change his role also.
Sam Frost is just about the dumbest footballer ive ever encountered, but i still really like him for some reason. At one stage he was at full back, gets a goal kicked on him, and as he takes off to run to the bench he still turns around and lips off to his opponent. I dunno why, but i really liked it for some reason - the dude youre playing on just embarrassed you, but you still have the hide to turn around and mouth off.
Unfortunately haven't seen much improvement from Declan Keilty since coming onto the Rookie list. He still plays his role well for Casey, but he hasn't gotten any better in a full time environment unfortunately.

If you have any specific questions about players from Saturday night, just ask, i'll see how good the memory is.

Was Bugg playing a shut down role? 10 disposals is not enough.. yet he laid 10 tackles? Interesting stat line.

Not great signs there in terms of depth through the midfield. I can't see us getting back into the first round this year but we need two picks in the 20-30s to draft some young mids.

Was Bugg playing a shut down role? 10 disposals is not enough.. yet he laid 10 tackles? Interesting stat line.

He played his same role he plays at AFL level, defensive forward. Even though he had 10 tackles i thought he lacked any impact on the game. His effort was there as usual, and you have to respect the fact he gets dropped and doesn't drop his bundle and clearly goes about trying to do what the coaches want from him, but his disposal can just be so costly. Geelong rotated their defence heavily, so I couldn't say he specifically shut anyone down, but he certainly puts in the required effort.

If you get someone like Garlett to put in his effort they would be unstoppable.

Not great signs there in terms of depth through the midfield. I can't see us getting back into the first round this year but we need two picks in the 20-30s to draft some young mids.

Depth looks a bit better when we have Viney, Trac and Kent back in the selection mix. VFL side is always affected when a few AFL players are injured.

How was Baker's game? Do you think he is ready to play AFL if a spot opened up in the team, and where would he play?

He played his same role he plays at AFL level, defensive forward. Even though he had 10 tackles i thought he lacked any impact on the game. His effort was there as usual, and you have to respect the fact he gets dropped and doesn't drop his bundle and clearly goes about trying to do what the coaches want from him, but his disposal can just be so costly. Geelong rotated their defence heavily, so I couldn't say he specifically shut anyone down, but he certainly puts in the required effort.

If you get someone like Garlett to put in his effort they would be unstoppable.
Spargo ;) I’m back on the Kent train too

How was Baker's game? Do you think he is ready to play AFL if a spot opened up in the team, and where would he play?

Baker was OK. He is lively, but faded in and out. He kicked 2 goals which was a good return but they were both fairly easy out the back kinda goals, and he hunts the ball carrier quite well. Played mostly on the wing and i reckon that's probably his best spot, see Isaac Smith (if he turns out half as good i'd be ecstatic). His disposal was neat without being anything too exciting. He is still very raw, but could make the transition to AFL relatively easy i think. Could be the type of player who plays better with better players around him.

I'd like to see him play better before he gets a game, but if that's his baseline its a good base to start from and i wouldn't be shocked if he played 2 or 3 like that and got a call up.

Remove this Banner Ad

2nds 2018 Casey Demons Thread - Grand Finalists

Remove this Banner Ad

Back