Welcome 2018 draft pick 52: Welcome to Hawthorn Jacob Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm happy with this pick. Finally we've drafted a KPP that doesn't need to put on 10-15kgs just to compete with the big boys! Kossie will see that there are opportunities if he works hard for them! KPP don't NEED to be fast if they read the game well, have a high IQ, and can intercept mark (Jeremy McGovern). Fingers crossed.

Anyone know what he tested for the 20 meter sprint and agility tests? Looks great at read the balls flight, I assume he big knock was his kicking which to put it politely is quite suspect gong by those highlights.
Didn't attend the Combine due to injury.

Another reason why he slid to 52.

Hell yeah, what a pick. After the initial disappointment of missing out on Mozzie to the Bummers this pick certainly made my day. Looks like a cross between Lake and the good Jake Carlisle judging by his highlights. Just what the doctor ordered with our desperate need for a strong marking player of good size who is comfortable below his knees. Can't help but feel that we might have a Tom McDonald type on our hands here, both taken about pick 50, strong hands, solid build etc. Just hope he ends up a great kick like Tom which is the only slight concern I have.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Roughy, Frawley, Schoenmakers, Brand, Mitch Lewis, Conor Nash.

That's the current crop of KPPs.

This was definitely the best option for us at pick 52.

100% agree. Plus the kid looks like he's been eating his weetbix already, as he's coming in at a casual 95 kgs. Could take the field in 2019 without giving away too much in body weight.

Some of the KPP players we have taken in recent past have lacked the weight and haven't been able to put on the necessary kgs in muscle mass.

I'm happy with this pick. Finally we've drafted a KPP that doesn't need to put on 10-15kgs just to compete with the big boys! Kossie will see that there are opportunities if he works hard for them! KPP don't NEED to be fast if they read the game well, have a high IQ, and can intercept mark (Jeremy McGovern). Fingers crossed.

1000%

Finally a guy who can hold some weight on his bones... ahead of time. Can build a back line or hopefully a forward line around a tank like him.

(Sorry for all my posts in a row, but just replying and agreeing with all the smart people)

I like his competitive instincts and his eye for the ball, especially in the air - he reads it exceptionally well.
I can see similarities to McGovern and perhaps less so, Lake.

Sensible selection given the list and he seems a solid prospect.

I like his competitive instincts and his eye for the ball, especially in the air - he reads it exceptionally well.
I can see similarities to McGovern and perhaps less so, Lake.

Sensible selection given the list and he seems a solid prospect.

Lake was a freak. Watched him live a lot as I marveled at what he could do and he seemed to read where the ball was going to land almost the instant it left the boot. I look forward to seeing this kid play at BH and then Hawthorn at some stage hopefully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome 2018 draft pick 52: Welcome to Hawthorn Jacob Koschitzke

Remove this Banner Ad

Back